General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-05 8:35 AM

Subject: Newbie
Hi guys,

Recently I have became infixed with this fantastic sport. I have background in both running and cycling having completed the Belfast Marathon this year, however I always want to push myself that extra bit and too challenge myself to the extreme and what better way to do that than attempt an Ironman. I have my sights set on either Ironman Wales or Ironman Uk 2014.

However as the name suggest it I am on the heavier side of things weighing in just over 18st. My plan is to focus on loosing weight for the next 2/3 months and the put everything into my training for Ironman.

This forums seems like a great way to talk and interact with fellow crazy people like myself so if anyone has any advice/ words of wisdom for a beginner like myself please do not hesitate to throw it my way.

Thanks!!

2013-08-05 9:15 AM
in reply to: slimmboyfatNI

User image

Subject: RE: Newbie
Welcome to the forum.

I have been having great luck with losing weight while training. I have been using MyFitnessPal to track calories and am down about 65 lbs (4.6 st maybe?) this year. My first Half Ironman is in two weeks and I will be training for Lake Placid next year. Based on my experience I would suggest not going too aggressive on the weight loss and just lose a little bit each week, even though it takes longer and is a bit discouraging at least for me it seems to be working well and not lead to going crazy.

Good luck with the weight loss and the training.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newbie here

Started by Greg Gilliland
Views: 1493 Posts: 6

2009-12-30 1:07 PM reecealan

Questions from a Newbie

Started by tattood1
Views: 1188 Posts: 4

2008-07-15 11:36 PM tattood1

A newbie (sort of) from the Caribbean

Started by cafenervosa
Views: 575 Posts: 2

2006-10-17 5:34 AM kathie

Newbie - Diet Help

Started by conners
Views: 1154 Posts: 7

2006-10-17 2:47 PM autumn

Newbie's intro to weight loss

Started by So Fresh So Clean
Views: 1215 Posts: 8

2005-07-04 4:46 PM hikergerb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.

date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!
date : February 7, 2008
author : nxm165
comments : 1
Initial adventures of another 40-something entering the world of tri.

date : January 29, 2006
author : seveerneb
comments : 44
How to consistently come in last place and enjoy it. By a real expert.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
comments : 0
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!