of 2

2013-08-07 7:18 AM
in reply to: The Dude14

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Race Numbers
I get it off ASAP after the finish--I tan really quickly and live in the tropics--I'd have the numbers engraved in paler skin on me for weeks if I didn't get rid of it pronto! Plus it just looks weird--I wear sleeveless stuff a lot to work so my students and colleagues would see it. I don't really want to talk about my event to colleagues, unless they're triathletes too, or spend much valuable class time on it. Baby oil or just hot water and soap usually does the trick.

2013-08-07 7:19 AM
in reply to: badmo77a

User image

Expert
Originally posted by badmo77a

I am in my first ever event at the end of the month and will be greviously annoyed if there are not race numbers applied in heavy black ultra permanent ink.

I plan on being super casual the day after visiting EVERYONE I know wearing a white tee shirt with rolled up sleeves.

I know this will lead to a moment of breif shame at some future time when I realise what an attention grabbing loser I was. But still.

you are in ontario right? both the main series in Ontario (trisport and multisport canada mark with sharpies. They fade pretty quickly (sometime mine have come off before the race even started). I'd recommend putting your sunscreen on at home so that it has plenty of time to sink in before getting to the race venue.
2013-08-07 7:57 AM
in reply to: Daffodil

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Originally posted by Daffodil

Originally posted by badmo77a

I am in my first ever event at the end of the month and will be greviously annoyed if there are not race numbers applied in heavy black ultra permanent ink.

I plan on being super casual the day after visiting EVERYONE I know wearing a white tee shirt with rolled up sleeves.

I know this will lead to a moment of breif shame at some future time when I realise what an attention grabbing loser I was. But still.

you are in ontario right? both the main series in Ontario (trisport and multisport canada mark with sharpies. They fade pretty quickly (sometime mine have come off before the race even started). I'd recommend putting your sunscreen on at home so that it has plenty of time to sink in before getting to the race venue.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race Numbers Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

race tomorrow - panic about race number on bike etc

Started by jackjack
Views: 1063 Posts: 7

2006-06-04 9:20 PM jackjack

race number

Started by marina
Views: 1790 Posts: 21

2005-05-26 3:30 PM jldicarlo

Race numbers for the run

Started by tim_edwards
Views: 684 Posts: 5

2005-04-23 9:13 PM triman50

new idea for all those race numbers!

Started by autumn
Views: 563 Posts: 1

2004-09-20 1:33 PM autumn

race numbers - no number belt!!!

Started by ginger ninja
Views: 1075 Posts: 6

2004-09-17 10:22 AM ride_like_u_stole_it
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.
date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?

date : April 24, 2005
author : mikericci
If you feel your base work is adequate, then here are five areas I would recommend you can work on before your first race.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you are going to do a triathlon, you need to know at least some of the basic rules that can keep you from getting hurt or hurting someone else.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!