Originally posted by jford2309
Originally posted by mr2tony

Originally posted by jford2309 I used to have a t shirt that said "Satan is a Nerd". I loved wearing that around and seeing the reactions I got to it.
That would upset me because Satan doesn't exist. Nerds do. You can't compare someone who doesn't exist to someone who does. That's like saying `Would Superman beat Batman in a fight?'

That is the craziest statement you have ever mumbled on this site!!!!!

Everyone knows Batman would totally win!

NO WAY! How would Batman win that fight? Superman has super powers. Batman has a suit of armor that Superman could crush.

First off, all Batman has to do is get some Kryptonite and it is over for the "man of steel". And Batman has so many cool gadgets, some of which Superman couldn't possibly know about and be ready for and the last point, there are no more phone booths for Superman to change into to his uniform and last time I checked Clark Kent (nerdy reporter).... oh wait a minute, now I know why you like Superman!

And Batman has a sidekick he calls `Boy Wonder' ... ANYWAY ... where would Batman even GET kryponite? Lex Luthor had it once and was soundly defeated, and Lex is a mad genius. You're either overestimating Batman's abilities or underestimating Superman. Either way, you lose.

And Lex Luther is the ONLY villain Superman ever fights!  And he can't put him away. Batman goes after the Penguin, the Joker, 2 face, just to name a few

Yeah but, as with Batman, those guys are all just people. Lex Luthor is actually from another planet. They say so in the 416th edition.

Batman is a true American hero, not from some stupid crystal planet. I mean really? a crystal planet?? puh-lease!

And while we're at it, has anyone ever seen Superman's green card? He's an illegal alien!
LIterally! But he's earned citizenship after saving the planet 100s of times over. As is typical with the US, we'll probably deport him and then, years later, be very frustrated when he wins every individual medal in every sport for another country during the Olympics.
At least he won't be DQ'd by WADA like Captain America!

Superman is a complete cheat.  He's all jacked up on yellow sun.  

Hulk is juicing on Gamma rays so, really, is anybody clean in this race?

The Wonder Twins!  Except apparently all they can do is turn into a bucket of water and and eagle.

2013-08-09 2:33 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Nice frickin shirt...

The original Flash got his powers from drinking hard water.  Sort of a gray area, but as far as I know WADA won't DQ you for not having a water softener installed at your house.

2013-08-12 12:31 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Master
Beijing
Originally posted by Kido

A clever T-shirt is always good for a laugh.  I guess in my old fogy ways, profanity or overly crass is just not funny.

Did you see the new one?  It says FBI   -  Female Body Inspector...  bwahahaha

I think the worst one I've ever seen someone actually wearing in public was:

This guy walking around Garden of the Gods with a t-shirt that said "I eat more p***y than cervical cancer."

Just wow.

2013-08-12 9:19 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Originally posted by switch

BT seems to have some pretty strong cliques, which is not really my thing.  I give people lots of chances before I write them off, and I certainly don't let anyone else's opinion of someone sway me one way or the other.  I'm relatively new to internet forum stuff, so a lot of the questions I post are really just that. Questions. Just tryin to figure it out. 

I spent about four months in the LR on ST where it's an almost anything goes environment; the cliques and PMs were almost non existent because if people had an issue, they just laid it out there.  Interesting comparison.

I hated this stuff in highschool, and I don't do it as an adult. 

Since this thread has completely derailed, I wanted to comment on this portion of your post, Switch.  

I've noticed the clique thing here too, and I'm not sure if I like it either.  It seems like a lot of posts get dominated by the same 4-5 posters, and after that anytime someone else posts, that post gets ignored, because they 4-5 people will continue to talk among themselves.  That's ok (I guess) in CoJ, but I've noticed it happen in the tri talk forum as well, and that's really discouraging for posters.  

Because of this, I've been posting in ST more often.  The posters there can be more more blunt, but what it's almost refreshing to know genuinely how posters feel without having to guess what their real thoughts are.  This place can feel like a country club where you have to pretend to like everybody, whether you do or not.

Edited by msteiner 2013-08-12 9:20 AM
2013-08-12 9:43 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Originally posted by crowny2
Originally posted by Pector55

I would agree that's it's pretty classless, but honestly, since when did T-Shirts become the conveyance of enlightened literature or poignant commentary?  It's a T-shirt people.  Go to any souvenir shop or Spencer's Gifts and see a pluthera of tasteless T-shirts.  I guess I take T-shirt quotes a little tongue in cheek and wouldn't associated it with poor parenting or social degradation.

I have never been a fan of the "humorous" T-shirts, however, the tuxedo T-shirt still sort of makes me chuckle.. 

This must be a poke the snake time for you, huh?

A parent buying that shirt for their kid, or a number of other things, like the pants and shorts with words written on the butt, do, indeed, seem like bad parenting choices to me, and, yep, another type of social degradation. 

There are tons of good t-shirts out there...why not buy one for your kid that is just positive all the way around?  I love Tony's "Nerd" shirt.  My kids have "Bookworm" shirts, nature themed t-shirts, t-shirts with (gasp!) no words or logos.  I really think it's OK to use critical thinking when making these choices, especially when it comes to spending money and creating an image with which your kids identify. 

As for humorous shirts, thinkgeek.com has some that I think are pretty funny, but I guess it all depends on your sense of humor.  A t-shirt that portrays a girl as being good at spending money and not at math isn't ever going to seem funny to me.

I'm not familiar with that term.  I'm not trying to poke anything...

I think we can all agree that since T-shirts were made, there have been plenty of tasteless, crass, rude, crude, raunchy, stupid, disgusting, and obnoxious ones printed up.  So NOW is the time to get offended if a kid has one that says they are born to wear diamonds?

I saw some nasty red neck chick wearing a coat embroidered on the back "if you like my mountains, you'll love my bush"...  I threw up in my mouth a bit.  After seeing that?  The "born to wear diamonds" doesn't seem that bad.

Well now.. if you didn't love her mountains, why not just stop there? ;-) I happend to know of an extremely sexy crossfit chick who has a shirt that references "If you love my (something) you'll love my snatch." Now that is clearly just a reference to the exercise but perves may find it offensive simply because they took it the wrong way. Maybe your redneck chick is merely making reference to Busch beer and simply spelled it wrong.
The ones I don't get are simply one cuss word. I swear as much as the next guy but I just don't understand.

A T-shirt they sell, or used to sell, at The Alley on Clark said "F*** you, you F***ing F***". Makes me laugh every time and Beth almost bought it knowing she would never wear it. 

I was watching The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo a week or so ago with my wife and she noticed Elisabeth Salandar's t-shirt during the scene where Michael shows up at her apartment unannounced.. It was the shirt you mentioned...

I thought it was funny but my wife thought the shirt was over the top....

Over the top in the context of Elisabeth Salander?  Really?

As for the various paths this thread has taken, I'm more of a lurker than poster, however I'll summarize my thinking, feel free to ignore:

* T-shirts such as the OP's examples I think are stupid but in a free country people are allowed to do stupid things most of the time

* People who comment about kids while not having their own are entitled to their opinions.  However as someone else posted, in certain contexts I will dismiss their opinion(s)... Similar to male Dr.'s explaining how "normal" certain pain is during childbirth.

* I too have noticed and been attacked by the bands of roving cliques on BT....I'm of the opinion that people shouldn't start a post by "I haven't read all the posts but here's my thinking...."  I read all the posts and occasionally submit something mysefl so when I get attacked from a few different angles by posters I see frequently, I often attribute it to the clique not necessarily what's been posted by me or others. 

* Superman and Batman are among the original proponents of spandex....Do we really need a winner?

2013-08-12 9:47 AM
in reply to: msteiner

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2013-08-12 9:48 AM
in reply to: TriMike

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by TriMike

I would agree that's it's pretty classless, but honestly, since when did T-Shirts become the conveyance of enlightened literature or poignant commentary?  It's a T-shirt people.  Go to any souvenir shop or Spencer's Gifts and see a pluthera of tasteless T-shirts.  I guess I take T-shirt quotes a little tongue in cheek and wouldn't associated it with poor parenting or social degradation.

I have never been a fan of the "humorous" T-shirts, however, the tuxedo T-shirt still sort of makes me chuckle.. 

A parent buying that shirt for their kid, or a number of other things, like the pants and shorts with words written on the butt, do, indeed, seem like bad parenting choices to me, and, yep, another type of social degradation. 

There are tons of good t-shirts out there...why not buy one for your kid that is just positive all the way around?  I love Tony's "Nerd" shirt.  My kids have "Bookworm" shirts, nature themed t-shirts, t-shirts with (gasp!) no words or logos.  I really think it's OK to use critical thinking when making these choices, especially when it comes to spending money and creating an image with which your kids identify. 

As for humorous shirts, thinkgeek.com has some that I think are pretty funny, but I guess it all depends on your sense of humor.  A t-shirt that portrays a girl as being good at spending money and not at math isn't ever going to seem funny to me.

I think we can all agree that since T-shirts were made, there have been plenty of tasteless, crass, rude, crude, raunchy, stupid, disgusting, and obnoxious ones printed up.  So NOW is the time to get offended if a kid has one that says they are born to wear diamonds?

I saw some nasty red neck chick wearing a coat embroidered on the back "if you like my mountains, you'll love my bush"...  I threw up in my mouth a bit.  After seeing that?  The "born to wear diamonds" doesn't seem that bad.

Well now.. if you didn't love her mountains, why not just stop there? ;-) I happend to know of an extremely sexy crossfit chick who has a shirt that references "If you love my (something) you'll love my snatch." Now that is clearly just a reference to the exercise but perves may find it offensive simply because they took it the wrong way. Maybe your redneck chick is merely making reference to Busch beer and simply spelled it wrong.
The ones I don't get are simply one cuss word. I swear as much as the next guy but I just don't understand.

A T-shirt they sell, or used to sell, at The Alley on Clark said "F*** you, you F***ing F***". Makes me laugh every time and Beth almost bought it knowing she would never wear it. 

I was watching The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo a week or so ago with my wife and she noticed Elisabeth Salandar's t-shirt during the scene where Michael shows up at her apartment unannounced.. It was the shirt you mentioned...

As for the various paths this thread has taken, I'm more of a lurker than poster, however I'll summarize my thinking, feel free to ignore:

* T-shirts such as the OP's examples I think are stupid but in a free country people are allowed to do stupid things most of the time

* People who comment about kids while not having their own are entitled to their opinions.  However as someone else posted, in certain contexts I will dismiss their opinion(s)... Similar to male Dr.'s explaining how "normal" certain pain is during childbirth.

* I too have noticed and been attacked by the bands of roving cliques on BT....I'm of the opinion that people shouldn't start a post by "I haven't read all the posts but here's my thinking...."  I read all the posts and occasionally submit something mysefl so when I get attacked from a few different angles by posters I see frequently, I often attribute it to the clique not necessarily what's been posted by me or others. 

* Superman and Batman are among the original proponents of spandex....Do we really need a winner?

Yes. Yes we do! I mean, it kind of goes unsaid that Superman is the king of the superheroes. He can't be destroyed.
2013-08-12 9:53 AM

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan

Yes. Yes we do! I mean, it kind of goes unsaid that Superman is the king of the superheroes. He can't be destroyed.

You'd think on a triathlon board Aquaman would get some love....

2013-08-12 10:08 AM
in reply to: TriMike

Champion
Chicago

You'd think on a triathlon board Aquaman would get some love....

Good point. Sadly, he's still aquaman.
2013-08-12 10:16 AM

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by mr2tony  Yes. Yes we do! I mean, it kind of goes unsaid that Superman is the king of the superheroes. He can't be destroyed.

Superman has a weakness, so he can be destroyed.  Just because his enemies are all too incompetent to figure out how to exploit it doesn't make him invincible.  The Hulk wins.  The more you hurt him, the madder he gets.

2013-08-12 10:21 AM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by kevin_trapp

Originally posted by mr2tony  Yes. Yes we do! I mean, it kind of goes unsaid that Superman is the king of the superheroes. He can't be destroyed.

Superman has a weakness, so he can be destroyed.  Just because his enemies are all too incompetent to figure out how to exploit it doesn't make him invincible.  The Hulk wins.  The more you hurt him, the madder he gets.

Superman would wait til he's Bruce Banner then tear him in half before he could turn. No more Hulk.

2013-08-12 10:29 AM

Veteran
St. Louis

Superman would wait til he's Bruce Banner then tear him in half before he could turn. No more Hulk.

Actually I was talking about Hulk Hogan.  What'cha gonna do brotha, when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

2013-08-12 10:43 AM
in reply to: msteiner

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by msteiner

BT seems to have some pretty strong cliques, which is not really my thing.  I give people lots of chances before I write them off, and I certainly don't let anyone else's opinion of someone sway me one way or the other.  I'm relatively new to internet forum stuff, so a lot of the questions I post are really just that. Questions. Just tryin to figure it out. 

I spent about four months in the LR on ST where it's an almost anything goes environment; the cliques and PMs were almost non existent because if people had an issue, they just laid it out there.  Interesting comparison.

I hated this stuff in highschool, and I don't do it as an adult. 

Since this thread has completely derailed, I wanted to comment on this portion of your post, Switch.  

I've noticed the clique thing here too, and I'm not sure if I like it either.  It seems like a lot of posts get dominated by the same 4-5 posters, and after that anytime someone else posts, that post gets ignored, because they 4-5 people will continue to talk among themselves.  That's ok (I guess) in CoJ, but I've noticed it happen in the tri talk forum as well, and that's really discouraging for posters.  

Because of this, I've been posting in ST more often.  The posters there can be more more blunt, but what it's almost refreshing to know genuinely how posters feel without having to guess what their real thoughts are.  This place can feel like a country club where you have to pretend to like everybody, whether you do or not.

Yes, exactly. BTW, don't call anyone a "little c*nt" on ST; Dan does have limits. Now back to the riveting superhero discussion.
2013-08-12 10:44 AM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

Champion
Chicago

Actually I was talking about Hulk Hogan.  What'cha gonna do brotha, when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

You've won this round, Trapp.

That said, the Camel Clutch was the best submission hold in the history of rasslin' ...
2013-08-12 10:48 AM
in reply to: 0

Pro
Bartlett, TN

You've won this round, Trapp. That said, the Camel Clutch was the best submission hold in the history of rasslin' ...

My favorite was always the Heartbreak Kid Shaun Michaels!

But I did have an NWO T shirt once!!!!

Edited by jford2309 2013-08-12 10:51 AM
2013-08-12 12:00 PM
in reply to: jford2309

Champion
Chicago

You've won this round, Trapp. That said, the Camel Clutch was the best submission hold in the history of rasslin' ...

My favorite was always the Heartbreak Kid Shaun Michaels!

But I did have an NWO T shirt once!!!!

WWF was all the rage when I was growing up.

2013-08-12 12:11 PM

Champion
Dallas, TX
Better yet, check out www.daddys-money.com.

Yes, it is a for real website.

They sell clothing and shoes to pre-teens and teens.

2013-08-12 12:24 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

Originally posted by jford2309 I used to have a t shirt that said "Satan is a Nerd". I loved wearing that around and seeing the reactions I got to it.
That would upset me because Satan doesn't exist. Nerds do. You can't compare someone who doesn't exist to someone who does. That's like saying `Would Superman beat Batman in a fight?'

That is the craziest statement you have ever mumbled on this site!!!!!

Everyone knows Batman would totally win!

NO WAY! How would Batman win that fight? Superman has super powers. Batman has a suit of armor that Superman could crush.

First off, all Batman has to do is get some Kryptonite and it is over for the "man of steel". And Batman has so many cool gadgets, some of which Superman couldn't possibly know about and be ready for and the last point, there are no more phone booths for Superman to change into to his uniform and last time I checked Clark Kent (nerdy reporter).... oh wait a minute, now I know why you like Superman!

And Batman has a sidekick he calls `Boy Wonder' ... ANYWAY ... where would Batman even GET kryponite? Lex Luthor had it once and was soundly defeated, and Lex is a mad genius. You're either overestimating Batman's abilities or underestimating Superman. Either way, you lose.

And Lex Luther is the ONLY villain Superman ever fights!  And he can't put him away. Batman goes after the Penguin, the Joker, 2 face, just to name a few

Yeah but, as with Batman, those guys are all just people. Lex Luthor is actually from another planet. They say so in the 416th edition.

Batman is a true American hero, not from some stupid crystal planet. I mean really? a crystal planet?? puh-lease!

And while we're at it, has anyone ever seen Superman's green card? He's an illegal alien!
LIterally! But he's earned citizenship after saving the planet 100s of times over. As is typical with the US, we'll probably deport him and then, years later, be very frustrated when he wins every individual medal in every sport for another country during the Olympics.
At least he won't be DQ'd by WADA like Captain America!

Superman is a complete cheat.  He's all jacked up on yellow sun.  

The Wonder Twins!  Except apparently all they can do is turn into a bucket of water and and eagle.

Don't forget about Gleek.
2013-08-12 2:03 PM
in reply to: KSH

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by KSH Better yet, check out www.daddys-money.com. Yes, it is a for real website. They sell clothing and shoes to pre-teens and teens.

Ugh... I was actually going to click on the link to see how bad it was, but I think I'm happier that the site is blocked at work. 

2013-08-12 2:15 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by KSH Better yet, check out www.daddys-money.com. Yes, it is a for real website. They sell clothing and shoes to pre-teens and teens.

Ugh... I was actually going to click on the link to see how bad it was, but I think I'm happier that the site is blocked at work. 

I thought maybe her account had been hacked and it was an advertisement.
2013-08-12 4:13 PM

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I thought maybe her account had been hacked and it was an advertisement.

HA! No! I saw a poster for it in the mall. Pre-teens in these horrible outfits with gold chains, etc... and the promotion of spending Daddy's Money! YEAH! I posted a picture of the ridiculous poster on my FB.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Nice frickin shirt... Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

FRICKIN' LIAR! Pages: 1 2

Started by Bigfuzzydoug
Views: 2700 Posts: 35

2009-07-27 7:42 AM Bigfuzzydoug

Holy Frickin Addictive!

Started by ryanlc
Views: 819 Posts: 15

2007-11-24 10:52 PM LHablas