General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diagnose me Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-05 9:54 PM

User image

Regular
Arlington, VA
Subject: Diagnose me
I already have a PT appointment for later this week to get the opinion of an expert who can actually see and poke me, but I wanted to see if I could be a little bit more informed when I go into it.

I have recently started focusing more on putting my foot down earlier and shortening the forward part of my stride. This past week I woke up one morning and one ankle felt inflexible and actually hurt when I dorsiflect my foot even in the restricted range of motion. Normal life does not hurt it at all. Running actually doesn't hurt at all either, so I brilliantly decided to go for a 5, 4, and 10 mile run on this. The morning after the 10 mile run, my ankle was very swollen, but still doesn't hurt at all walking around (I haven't tried running today). I can still make it hurt by dorsiflecting and by poking the boney protruding ends of the tibia and fibula.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm just curious so that I can be that annoying guy who goes into the PT thinking he already knows what's wrong (not really). I trust the pros, but I wanted to see if I can be proactive about treatment. It basically feels like ITBS of my ankle, so I'm treating it with NSAIDs (yes, I know about the concerns with NSAIDs) and ice for now.

Thanks.

Edited by __sugar__ 2013-08-05 9:54 PM

2013-08-05 9:59 PM
in reply to: __sugar__

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: RE: Diagnose me
honestly is sounds like severe shin splints to me... hopefully not to the stress fracture stage.

im not a doctor. i don't have your injury. just saying
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diagnose me Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Diagnose me

Started by TurtleBranch
Views: 934 Posts: 7

2010-05-10 7:04 PM gerrydiego

self diagnosed ITBS

Started by wabash
Views: 1586 Posts: 13

2010-01-15 4:10 PM jspelay

Help diagnose my hip pain please?

Started by tractoral
Views: 1494 Posts: 14

2007-12-20 7:47 AM Scout7

this morning-diagnosed with asthma Pages: 1 2

Started by ArmyPiglet
Views: 1284 Posts: 28

2006-08-17 9:52 PM ArmyPiglet

Strange Bruises--diagnose me

Started by salty
Views: 1042 Posts: 7

2006-05-31 3:09 PM salty
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 9, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Stress fractures are one of the most feared injuries in the realm of endurance sports and they are also one of the most common sidelining injuries that such athletes face.

date : April 14, 2008
A few years ago, I was diagnosed with two lumbar herniated discs (L1-L2). I have started a very slow build towards my first tri. Are there any recommendations or warnings I should heed?
date : March 6, 2008
Hip pain in an athlete involves a wide range of possible diagnoses. Furthermore, people of different age groups are prone to different kinds of injuries due to different stages of bone development.