General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Runs in the heat; Shirtless? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-08-08 4:15 PM
in reply to: jbrookscga78

Subject: RE: Training Runs in the heat; Shirtless?
I generally like to at least have compression sleeves on in extreme heat. Having a wet under armour or dri-fit shirt on is generally cooler than just running shirtless. Comp sleeves seem to help keep my arms cooler, and give me a little moisture wicking to wipe my sweat off my face with.

So I do most of my running shirtless in the summer, even though I know I'd be a touch more comfortable with an under armour shirt on. Saves on a little laundry, and washing wear and tear on expensive under armour. Plus it gives you that nice crispy tan...

2013-08-08 6:36 PM
in reply to: jbrookscga78

User image

Master
When the best coach in the country goes shirtless, it can't be wrong!

(spurrier_original.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
spurrier_original.jpg (118KB - 23 downloads)
2013-08-08 7:28 PM
in reply to: pschriver

shirtless any time it's warm enough. I prefer shirtless....I love the feel of the air, hot or cool, on my body.

I have a larger upper body from weight training so it is much more comfortable to be shirtless because shirts are always tight on my chest/shoulders/arm pits/ arms....unless its an XL which is then a dress on me.

1 reason I don't like being shirtless is because I get people yelling from cars stupid sh*t....mostly because they are jealous. Another reason is because people assume that because I'm muscular that I'm shirtless because I'm trying to show off, but it's not true. It's simply more comfortable for somebody with my proportions.

I don't let it get to me. I just do what I want to do. The haters will hate. I try not to hate on anyone for anything, we are all different.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Runs in the heat; Shirtless? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Running shirtless

Started by sharkbait!
Views: 3965 Posts: 21

2013-08-07 9:58 PM jobaxas

First shirtless run Pages: 1 2

Started by KeriKadi
Views: 4203 Posts: 43

2009-06-17 10:25 AM eabeam

Heat training when it's not hot

Started by madkat
Views: 781 Posts: 6

2006-07-15 4:13 PM AdventureBear

Training for Heat by Joe Friel - Transcript

Started by Bisucas
Views: 4884 Posts: 1

2005-08-23 5:31 PM Bisucas

training in the heat

Started by Tori
Views: 984 Posts: 13

2004-09-07 8:51 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 31, 2011
author : Curt Chesney
comments : 0
Core temperature, hydration, liquid absorption and sweat rates: how they affect racing in the heat

date : September 17, 2008
author : AMSSM
Heat stress, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke: How do these relate to hydration? Can I be well hydrated and still suffer heat stress?
date : September 8, 2008
author : ValleyCoach.com
Because of potential heat injury and sun damage, there are certain precautions that should be taken. Here are some tips to avoid heat injury.

date : June 17, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Is it a good idea to wear winter training clothing while training in 70 degree weather in an attempt to artificially mimic warmer weather similiar to my race?
date : December 11, 2007
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?

date : September 8, 2007
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on racing in the heat, electrolytes, weightloss and long distance training, the best way to improve your run, taper psychology, the best gel and the benefits of a swim stroke analysis.
date : July 3, 2006
As we enter the summer months of training and racing it seems reasonable to discuss issues around heat illness: what is it, how do we recognize it, what can we do about it, and how do we prevent it.

date : April 24, 2005
author : dara
An explanation about how the cardiovascular system works, so that it makes more sense about how the human body responds to exercise in the heat.