General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hudson Valley OWS?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-09 12:10 PM

User image

Subject: Hudson Valley OWS??
I'm looking for a lake for an ows in the Hudson Valley. I'm training with a buddy and our coach has us doing a faux tri next weekend. We are already members of the Minnewaska distance swimming group, but we need a lake that would work for a tri, so we are looking for somewhere to set up a transition area and then be able to bike in and out and that isn't really a choice at Minnewaska.

So really the question is, where do you do your open water swims? We're in the New Paltz area, but are willing to travel for a nice lake and great roads!

Thanks so much!!!

2013-08-13 8:30 PM
in reply to: juliemerryman

Orange County
Subject: RE: Hudson Valley OWS??
I've never swam OWS in these water bodies but I've been told that you can, they are; Walton Lake in Monroe and Whites Pond in Wappingers Falls. I've been meaning to take a trip to Monroe and swim but I am hesitant to do it alone and I don't have a training partner at the moment. From what I understand at Walton Lake you can park at the American Legion and directly across the street there is an entrance to the water and there are no motorized boats allowed.

Good Luck,
Craig
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hudson Valley OWS?? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike Stores in Hudson Valley, or beyond?

Started by bdenehy
Views: 1496 Posts: 4

2011-07-28 8:16 PM SuperKat

Hudson Valley Tri / Biathlon : Official Thread

Started by xrodolfox
Views: 1583 Posts: 3

2010-07-18 10:41 PM xrodolfox

7.5 mm gallons of raw sewage in Hudson

Started by rollinbones
Views: 828 Posts: 4

2007-05-09 10:52 PM JenBunn1e

Mid/Lower Hudson Valley Swimming

Started by MKraus64
Views: 743 Posts: 2

2007-02-08 6:42 PM MForger18

Nautica NYC Tri - Hudson River

Started by dinae
Views: 1139 Posts: 3

2006-10-31 6:54 PM scottradny
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
Some are getting a little OWS practice in, others are strategizing, the rest are just plain scared.