General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Triathlete from Sweaty Texas! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-13 12:14 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Triathlete from Sweaty Texas!
Long time lurker, figured I'd introduce myself.

I grew up a gymnast and springboard diver. Running was punishment, biking was transportation if I wasn't on my rollerblades, and swimming was something the rest of the team did while I flipped around in the air. I ended up not doing any sports in college, and took a sedentary desk job working crazy hours after graduation, so I gained about a billion lbs. I finally got off my butt about 5 years ago and lost most of it, found running in 2009, and got addicted to racing. My husband hated running and swimming but wanted to try triathlon (I never understood that, but oh well ;D), and I said I'd be willing to try it too.

Fast forward 4 years, I've gotten crappier at running, but a whole lot better at biking and swimming, and have fallen in love with this insane sport. I've racked up 4 Olympics, 2 HIMs, and way too many sprints to count. I'm not super fast, but I'm not last, and it's fun just trying to break my own records (though the dream of podiuming maybe someday... that keeps me going). Two more tris this year (Oly and HIM) and a marathon in Dec, and then some sweet offseason slacking on the plan.

I do a lot of research and reading (this stuff fascinates me) so for now I self-coach myself and my husband and put together training plans (heavily influenced this year by the triathlete's training bible), but wondering if next year might be the year to get a coach or join a team to push us further. I'm also struggling with nutrition - I think I eat really darn healthy and in decent portions for a training triathlete, but the last ~25 or so lbs I'd like to lose just won't come off.

So, I'm not a complete newb, but I'm certainly not a vet. Looking forward to actually POSTING now instead of lurking now that I have a login!

2013-08-13 3:59 PM
in reply to: Quix

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Triathlete from Sweaty Texas!
Welcome to BT! Looking forward to your input, and your questions.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Triathlete from Sweaty Texas! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

College Triathlete - texas

Started by TheAverageTriathlete
Views: 732 Posts: 4

2010-11-02 6:45 AM ryanjleone

Texas Triathlete in Training

Started by Jethawk
Views: 695 Posts: 5

2007-10-01 6:31 PM pinktrigal

New triathlete in Texas

Started by triciah
Views: 831 Posts: 11

2007-08-11 10:26 PM texmom

New Triathlete in Austin Texas Pages: 1 2

Started by austinrose
Views: 1973 Posts: 36

2005-08-02 10:19 AM rcjeffers

New to Training...Mom from Texas

Started by sbarnard
Views: 1044 Posts: 10

2003-12-09 1:59 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 17, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 5
Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought

date : April 15, 2010
author : CobbCycling
comments : 2
In this article, we are going to explore air movements over and around the front end of a bike and rider. We will examine how air affects these frontal areas.
date : October 9, 2007
author : She-Ra
comments : 12
I never imagined that 350 yards broken down into 7 REALLY long lanes would be so big! I gasped out loud and told Grady that maybe I had underestimated the swim.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 0
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.
date : September 3, 2004
author : tboepple
Joe Friel - Periodization

Joe Friel, Bike Technique & Training (Physiology)
Aero Positioning on the Bike – John Cobb

Details on the first Texas Triathlon Camp with Tom Rodgers, Joe Friel, John cobb, Lauren Maule and Andre Rizo.