General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Family goodie bags on race day Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-13 12:42 PM

User image

New user
Subject: Family goodie bags on race day
A year or so back, i saw a thread regarding folks that presented their spouse and kids with goodie bags the day of the race to help pass the time while they are waiting...i searched but can not find it, so if anyone can point me there, great...but if not, what have you prepared for your spouse/kids for race day? Special t-shirt, cow bell, special snacks?

My first HIM is in September so want to get this prepared ahead of time!
thx.

2013-08-13 12:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Family goodie bags on race day

I've done these in the past. Depends on the age of the kids, but I included things like: sunscreen, chapstick, wet wipes, anti-bacterial gel, gum, candy (not chocolate - tootsie rolls, gummy worms, nuts are all good), sidewalk chalk, bubbles, temporary tattoos, glow sticks/necklaces (for night finish) cowbells, re-usable water bottle, rain poncho, Starbucks gift card, personalized t-shirt, hand-written thank you note, bike/run course maps with directions/estimated times of arrival.

One year I made a photo scavenger hunt for the kids (got the idea from BT) - included a disposable camera for each of them and typed up things to snap pics of like: someone in a red jersey, coolest bike you see, someone volunteering, you or your brother cheering, sidewalk chalk art you made, Aunt Lisa running , etc.

Edited by lisac957 2013-08-13 12:59 PM
2013-08-13 2:00 PM
in reply to: Gene67

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
I made some for my friends children  I put in glow sticks (It was an ironman) candy, chalk etc. Also I had brought a bunch of magazines which entertained them greatly.  If they are open to it volunteering can be great fun and will keep them entertained.
2013-08-13 10:22 PM
in reply to: Gene67

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Family goodie bags on race day Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Food & special needs bag at Ironman races

Started by kevinlbrown
Views: 2934 Posts: 12

2012-10-04 11:24 AM Socks

70.3 race day family

Started by tdshelton
Views: 783 Posts: 2

2012-07-04 2:59 AM byrdnj

Gear Bag Race Morning Question... IMFL

Started by scubagirl132
Views: 882 Posts: 4

2008-10-28 9:16 PM scubagirl132

Ironman goodies

Started by Minkota
Views: 3183 Posts: 16

2006-09-07 3:41 PM suffer78

Getting Stoked for Race Day

Started by Motivated
Views: 1959 Posts: 20

2005-05-11 12:25 PM Tiger Phil
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 0
I was pretty excited to test out a triathlon-specific gear bag. I'm on the lookout for something functional, comfortable, and maybe even a bit stylish.

date : May 19, 2010
author : Patrick McCrann
comments : 1
Part 2 is about race day pacing, warming up and a discussion on the usefulness of powermeters and heart-rate monitors for half and full Iron distance races.
date : May 5, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
A few tips for beginners during taper week to settle your nerves. Includes a race day checklist and some race day tips.

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : March 8, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 2
How tricked out can someone make a triathlon duffel bag that stands out from the rest?

date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.
date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
comments : 1
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.

date : November 14, 2004
author : Glenn
I have seen cyclists go to a bike shop the day before a race expecting their problem to be fixed, only to be told the shop cannot complete the job in time.