General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Prarieman Bike Course ? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-14 8:27 AM

User image

Master
Subject: Prarieman Bike Course ?

I'm considering doing the Prarieman HIM Aqua Bike in a few weeks. How crowded is the looped bike course?Are there a lot corners or turn on the course?

Would you recommend this course for an Aqua Bike race? I know a lot of people dislike the race due to the lack of shade on the run course. It has been difficult to find Aqua Bike races in Texas for the fall. I'm coming back from knee surgery and still can't run.

The logistics of getting to packet pickup on a Friday night coming in from south of Houston after work is enough to make me reconsider doing the race. Now I read that I have to have the bike inspected before the race.

Opinions about the race.

2013-08-14 9:04 AM
in reply to: Catwoman

User image

Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Prarieman Bike Course ?
Sorry you were'nt able to run yet, i was looking into Prairieman that week , but theres a new half iron in town 90 mins away "OnalaskaHalf" have fun up north.

here's the link to Prairieman's bike course:
http://www.ironheadrp.com/uploads/PM_56_mi_bike.pdf

2013-08-14 9:14 AM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Master
I actually considered doing that race and then DNFing after the bike.
2013-08-14 9:25 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by Catwoman

I actually considered doing that race and then DNFing after the bike.

i am sure you will heal eventually. You can do your own Aquabike if you want to. Find someone to run for you even at Iron distance. Theres still alot of HITS Tri going on they do half iron and full iron relays. Oilman also does Relays.

2013-08-14 9:52 AM

User image

Pro
CyFair
Oilman has an aquabike if I'm not mistaken.
2013-08-14 10:33 AM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

Master

I'm planning on doing the Oilman AB. I've already DNFed after the bike at several triathlons this year and have no interest in participating in a relay at this time. Thanks for the helpful suggestions and well wishes! Smile

Any information on the Prarieman bike course would be great.

2013-08-14 10:35 AM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

Master

I'm planning on doing the Oilman AB. I've already DNFed after the bike at several triathlons this year and have no interest in participating in a relay at this time. Thanks for the helpful suggestions and well wishes! Smile

Any information on the Prarieman bike course would be great.

2013-08-16 7:40 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
It was my first and only podium at a long course, so I may be biased!

The bike is flat and fast. This is a smaller race so the course is never really crowded. Although it is a multi-loop course, I would not consider the turns significant.
T1 from the swim to the bike is extremely short.

The RD is former military and it shows in the production of the race. Everything is precise and he cares about having a successful event.

It is low frills, but well supported.
2013-08-16 2:26 PM
in reply to: Hugh in TX

User image

Regular
Canton, TX
I have done a few of the Ironhead events and have decided I am done with them.

The last race I was not accually in my nephew (10) was in the race. But that is when I decided I was done. The RD is a former military man and it shows in more than just the operation of the race. Hope you don't have to deal with him direct he is a real A$$. He yelled at a few kids and I thought thats not to cool then he yelled a my nephew and I thought I was going to have to tackle my sister before she hurt the man (or got hurt). Thats the short and sweet version. He also did his pre race meeting and at the end asked if there where any questions. Well when one of the little girls (9 or 10) asked a question he said " I already covered that you should pay attention." REALLY there kids between 7-14 cut them some slack. He acts like he just hates all of it. That race they messed up the run for the older kids they ended up running to far. The younger kids some biked over because someone was out of place at a turnaround. Then they attempted to correct the times and some results had already been posted so a few kids got nocked off the podium. Kids where crying ever direction. That happens no big deal there but the additute I just have had enough of.

The other races I have been in have gone simular I just overlooked it because I have never personally delt with him. But after this last one I decided that there are to many other races to deal with that kind of junk.

I have a friend that has done about 5 of Jacks races and he has also had his feel.

Thats just my opinion. Didn't mean to preach.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Prarieman Bike Course ? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Prarieman - where to eat?

Started by erin116
Views: 1408 Posts: 5

2010-09-14 11:38 AM bgottfried1848

Prarieman vs Redman

Started by Catwoman
Views: 2157 Posts: 12

2010-05-16 7:48 PM Catwoman

Rockwall Sprint - Bike Course Conditions

Started by rgill
Views: 444 Posts: 1

2007-08-21 3:17 PM rgill

Disco Olympic bike course elevations

Started by dodgersmom
Views: 711 Posts: 8

2007-07-02 5:10 PM Doughboy

4/15 bike ride on Playtri course

Started by docshock1964
Views: 786 Posts: 12

2007-04-16 7:54 PM zia_cyclist
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 20, 2007
comments : 0
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : July 11, 2007
author : Amy Kuitse
Discussions on training after adductor tendonitis, swimming drills, training after 3 down base weeks from allergies to get ready for a HIM, hill drills, Computrainer courses vs outside rides and more.
date : July 9, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 3
What do you bring to the starting line? What are you going to leave on the course? What will you take with you across the finish line?

date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
Any good race director will go over the triathlon swim course directions many times.

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : July 5, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
After you have established the Ironman goal, the most important factor outside of the training is which race to choose? What is your best sort of course, hilly, rolling, flat?

date : September 1, 2004
author : infosteward
Experts agree, doing a “mock,” triathlon on the course you’re racing can aid you in your training; performance and most of all quell some nervous energy.