Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Anyone else looking forward to college football? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2013-12-07 7:21 PM
in reply to: uclamatt2007

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Anyone else looking forward to college football?

Originally posted by uclamatt2007
Originally posted by Left Brain

Auburn's gimmick plays are embarrassing for the SEC.....geez....go join the Pac-12.

So an embarrassment and a Big 12 team are playing for the championship? How fall the SEC has fallen in that case.

Dude.....no matter what, your conference is a no-show again.

2013-12-07 7:47 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA

Auburn's gimmick plays are embarrassing for the SEC.....geez....go join the Pac-12.

So an embarrassment and a Big 12 team are playing for the championship? How fall the SEC has fallen in that case.

ESPN seems to think we should be:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

8 of the top 15 toughest schedules come out of the Pac-12. Not everyone can play a patsy schedule like Alabama (#53).

Then again, they are just one of those West Coast biased media outlets.
2013-12-07 7:59 PM

User image

Pro
2013-12-07 8:17 PM

User image

Pro

ESPN seems to think we should be: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings 8 of the top 15 toughest schedules come out of the Pac-12. Not everyone can play a patsy schedule like Alabama (#53). Then again, they are just one of those West Coast biased media outlets.

The same poll that thinks Ohio State is #1 based on opponent??  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  ......again.....please.

2013-12-07 8:43 PM

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA

ESPN seems to think we should be: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings 8 of the top 15 toughest schedules come out of the Pac-12. Not everyone can play a patsy schedule like Alabama (#53). Then again, they are just one of those West Coast biased media outlets.

The same poll that thinks Ohio State is #1 based on opponent??  BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  ......again.....please.

It says that OSU's schedule was 4 spots better than FSU. Both were rather mediocre, in the mid 60s. The shocker is that as much as everyone says just playing the SEC means you play a tough schedule, the numbers simply don't back that up.

But who really wants to look at numbers? The current system of ranking teams with a huge nod to media representation is much better.
2013-12-07 8:55 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

It says that OSU's schedule was 4 spots better than FSU. Both were rather mediocre, in the mid 60s. The shocker is that as much as everyone says just playing the SEC means you play a tough schedule, the numbers simply don't back that up. But who really wants to look at numbers? The current system of ranking teams with a huge nod to media representation is much better.

The SEC is the best conference in college football.  Even ESPN won't dispute that.  You can search the interwebs far and wide for  a poll or blog that says different.....nobody that knows anything about college football cares.  The Champion of the best conference in college football will always play for the national championship or be knocking on the door.  It is what it is.  A BCS playoff won't make any difference.....wait and see.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-12-07 8:56 PM

2013-12-07 10:48 PM

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA

It says that OSU's schedule was 4 spots better than FSU. Both were rather mediocre, in the mid 60s. The shocker is that as much as everyone says just playing the SEC means you play a tough schedule, the numbers simply don't back that up. But who really wants to look at numbers? The current system of ranking teams with a huge nod to media representation is much better.

The SEC is the best conference in college football.  Even ESPN won't dispute that.  You can search the interwebs far and wide for  a poll or blog that says different.....nobody that knows anything about college football cares.  The Champion of the best conference in college football will always play for the national championship or be knocking on the door.  It is what it is.  A BCS playoff won't make any difference.....wait and see.

Don't disagree at all. Auburn is absolutely in the mix and deserves the spot if OSU goes down, which it looks like will happen.

My point was that don't think that Pac-12 is out of the mix because of a lack of talent. The North is widely considered the second best divison behind the SEC East and the South has been ranked ahead of the SEC East. The middle of the conference cannabilized the top of the conference this year and that is why no Pac 12 teams are in the mix.

The SEC may be better at the point end, but I still hold that the Pac-12 is deeper.
2013-12-08 2:49 AM

User image

The crystal football might very well stay in the state of Alabama for a 5th straight year. That's a kick in the pants

Go SEC!
2013-12-08 9:53 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Well the sun did come up this morning and I am assured that my beloved Buckeyes will not get embarrassed in another NC game. Rumors abound of playing Alabama in a bowl. The football gods wouldn't do that to us, would they?
2013-12-08 9:54 AM
in reply to: jacasa

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
P.S. Looking forward to what should be an awesome NC game.
2013-12-08 9:56 AM

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member

Originally posted by jacasa Well the sun did come up this morning and I am assured that my beloved Buckeyes will not get embarrassed in another NC game. Rumors abound of playing Alabama in a bowl. The football gods wouldn't do that to us, would they?

I think that would be great. Wouldn't that pretty much be a semifinal game under next year's format?

Maybe the seeding would be a little different but we would have 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 playing. I think we'd have two decent matchups. which is what the format should provide.

Of course I'm assuming that OSU falls no further than 4th in the BCS rankings and that the "committee" selects the top 4 teams from a similar ranking.

2013-12-08 10:05 AM
in reply to: the bear

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Originally posted by the bear

Originally posted by jacasa Well the sun did come up this morning and I am assured that my beloved Buckeyes will not get embarrassed in another NC game. Rumors abound of playing Alabama in a bowl. The football gods wouldn't do that to us, would they?

Wouldn't that pretty much be a semifinal game under next year's format?

Maybe the seeding would be a little different but we would have 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 playing. I think we'd have two decent matchups. which is what the format should provide.

The fact that a committee will choose the four teams will make it very interesting and the conspiracy theories will abound.
2013-12-08 11:31 AM
in reply to: jacasa

User image

Originally posted by jacasa

Well the sun did come up this morning and I am assured that my beloved Buckeyes will not get embarrassed in another NC game. Rumors abound of playing Alabama in a bowl. The football gods wouldn't do that to us, would they?

They've got Bama in the Sugar Bowl and Ohio State as 7th in the AP poll:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

Everything else I've seen has Bama going up against either Oklahoma or Oregon in the Sugar Bowl.

I'm also reading you're looking at the Orange Bowl.

2013-12-08 3:50 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Originally posted by DanielG

Originally posted by jacasa

They've got Bama in the Sugar Bowl and Ohio State as 7th in the AP poll:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

Everything else I've seen has Bama going up against either Oklahoma or Oregon in the Sugar Bowl.

I'm also reading you're looking at the Orange Bowl.

Orange Bowl v Clemson. The return of Woody!!!!!
2013-12-12 12:01 PM

User image

Elite
Boise
Figured I'll post this here too.

ESPN bowl Pick'em in case anyone's interested.
http://games.espn.go.com/college-bowl-mania/2013/en/group?groupID=3...

Password: Bt

Edited by JoshR 2013-12-12 12:02 PM
2013-12-13 12:44 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Jadaveon WHO!

Aaron Donald is a bad ,

Bednarik award-check
Lombardi award-check
Outland Trophy-check
Bronco Nagursky Trophy-check

Hail to Pitt!!!!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Anyone else looking forward to college football? Rss Feed  

of 7

RELATED POSTS

Thoughts on College Football, 2005 Pages: 1 2

Started by El Oso
Views: 3123 Posts: 49

2005-12-08 9:34 AM the bear

College Football for Dummies Pages: 1 2

Started by Jiggies
Views: 2253 Posts: 29

2005-11-20 10:48 AM tyrant

COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

Started by Comet
Views: 1315 Posts: 18

2005-09-06 1:05 PM Brett

College football drawing near...It's over clowns Pages: 1 2

Started by Det
Views: 3174 Posts: 38

2005-08-03 9:21 AM jwbrandon

Who will win: UF vs FSU College Football Pages: 1 2

Started by DJP1812
Views: 2298 Posts: 30

2004-11-23 12:30 PM G8RLA94
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2011
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
Where to find the time WITHOUT getting up early

date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.