General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hydro paks for girls? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-15 11:15 AM

User image

Expert
Wendell, NC
Subject: Hydro paks for girls?
Susan (my bride) has decided she wants to do a stage race next year. I use a Salomon pack and love it but the cut doesn't fit her well (she's well endowed). Any suggestions on girl packs?

2013-08-15 12:44 PM
in reply to: La Tortuga

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: RE: Hydro paks for girls?
Originally posted by La Tortuga

Susan (my bride) has decided she wants to do a stage race next year. I use a Salomon pack and love it but the cut doesn't fit her well (she's well endowed). Any suggestions on girl packs?

I personally have started using the Ultaspire packs....I have the revolution if I need to carry more and it holds the bottle on the back with no bouncing what so ever...have found while doing a race I like to have the bottle as it's easier to just unscrew and refill rather then take the entire vest off then have to open the bladder etc. I also use the new molecular belt system (the nerve and cell) you can have a smaller pack if you choose but this size fits quite a bit in it...this weekend I will start with that as well as a handheld....then at night I will use the revolution....there is no shade and sometimes different vest will chafe me so if I plan to wear a tank top then I use the belt system.
2013-08-15 8:35 PM

User image

Queen BTich

I've been wearing the UltraAspire Surge for a year, recommend to 3 women friends to buy it (they did), and LOVE it. I haven't met anyone who didn't love it. I'm also well endowed and it fits the girls, and around my midsection/obliques nicely. Doesn't bounce and has NO weight on my shoulders. I find that it helps my running posture.

http://www.ultraspirestore.com/Surge-Select-Color-SP13-p/ua053xx.htm

2013-08-17 10:29 AM

User image

Expert
Wendell, NC
Thanks for your thoughts and experience ladies. She's looking at this one from Nathan http://www.nathansports.com/hydration/race-vests/vaporshape
She to has healthy pups and is reluctant to get anything with cross chest straps. Any ideas about this one?
2013-08-18 10:54 AM

User image

Queen BTich
Originally posted by La Tortuga Thanks for your thoughts and experience ladies. She's looking at this one from Nathan http://www.nathansports.com/hydration/race-vests/vaporshapeShe to has healthy pups and is reluctant to get anything with cross chest straps. Any ideas about this one?

Well, if she's hesitant about across-chest straps, this one looks worse than the UltrAspire Surge. The straps on the Surge go just under the bra line/top of abdomen so it doesn't interfere with the chest. Looks neat though.
2013-08-18 7:39 PM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Originally posted by La Tortuga

Thanks for your thoughts and experience ladies. She's looking at this one from Nathan http://www.nathansports.com/hydration/race-vests/vaporshape
She to has healthy pups and is reluctant to get anything with cross chest straps. Any ideas about this one?

I have the vapor shape..actually won it from them before they made them available for sale....after receiving it I then learned of Ultaspire and wont even wear nathans anymore.

2013-08-19 6:53 AM
in reply to: Jungle Jenn

User image

Expert
Wendell, NC
Thanks Jenn, I'll let her know
2013-08-19 7:03 PM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
My wife wears this : http://www.ultimatedirection.com/p-600-ak-race-vest.aspxand likes it very much. She's not "well endowed" however, not sure how much of a difference it makes. At the last Ultra I ran an aid station at, I saw probably more of those vests than anything else, followed closely by the Nathan backpack/bladder system.
2013-08-24 4:17 PM
in reply to: #4829935

I have the UltrAspire Alpha and love it. The straps go below the girls and it is cut in a way that it fits around my chest nicely.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hydro paks for girls? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hydration paks.

Started by La Tortuga
Views: 2432 Posts: 10

2013-06-27 12:59 PM popsracer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.
date : October 2, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 0
My first reaction to wearing a skirt while running was, “are you crazy?” I am no girly girl. I then tried one of the newest skirts from Nicole DeBoom’s TRIKS line and I can tell you I’m hooked.