General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Women's Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-17 11:21 PM

Subject: Women's Tri
Anyone doing the HMF Women's Sprint Tri in Farmington (9/8)? It's my first Tri and I am nervous (of course)! Has anyone done it before? I am wondering how cold that water will be. I wasn't planning on a wetsuit. Swimming is def my weakest of the three sports. Any tips or advice overall is greatly appreciated! Thanks

2013-08-18 2:57 PM
in reply to: dina0408

User image

Subject: RE: Women's Tri
I did it last year. I think they offered an optional newbie wave. It goes last so you don't have to worry about people in the wave behind you swimming over you. I had my own personal difficulties with the race, but they where all caused by my lack of training properly. I don't race in a wetsuit and I don't recall the water being particularly cold. It swam in the lake last weekend and it was really nice, but there are still a few weeks to go. The run is on trails, not paved. The trails are relatively smooth, not hardcore trail running or anything. I didn't realize it wasn't a road run until I got there on race day.
2013-08-19 10:00 AM
in reply to: dina0408

User image

New user
My fiance did it last year / will be doing it again this year. It really depends on weather but that lake was certainly warm enough for no wet suit last year. I would expect the same this year. Even it the weather is a bit on the cold side the swim is pretty short so you can just get through that a throw on something long sleeved for the bike. This is a perfect race for a newbie. Good luck in your first race, I'll be there helping out.
2013-08-20 12:19 PM
in reply to: Tracker09

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
I'm signed up for it.

Additionally I did a 6 of the 10 off road series at Winding Trails Tris this summer. The lake is beautiful and shallow so it warms up quickly. I think I only wore my wetsuit once or twice there. I'm guessing it'll still be warm by the 9/8 women's tri but with New England weather you can never count on anything.

If the run is the same course, it's technical enough to keep you on your toes but by no means difficult for an off road course. Just have fun with it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Women's Tri Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hartford Women's Tri

Started by mookie0326
Views: 946 Posts: 2

2009-08-23 7:47 AM cthoops

HELP with Winding Trails Tri for Women!!!

Started by triniki
Views: 870 Posts: 3

2008-09-07 10:12 PM acvaut

Women's Bike Clinic 5/8/08 Chester, CT

Started by pitt83
Views: 905 Posts: 1

2008-05-08 7:10 AM pitt83

Women's Park Tool School, Norwich

Started by pitt83
Views: 1003 Posts: 2

2008-03-27 9:01 PM SoManyGoals

women's tri

Started by jsmith06040
Views: 818 Posts: 2

2007-09-17 5:18 PM kaburns1214
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the Philadelphia Women's Only Triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a Duathlon race. Mark your calendars!

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.
date : September 10, 2007
author : tripastor
comments : 2
Triathlon serves up many humbling moments. The most humbling of days came not during a race day but by email. I had been invited to participate in the Rambling Rose Women’s Only Triathlon. Wow.

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !
date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.

date : September 15, 2004
author : tboepple
Women / Masters / Special Needs - Lauren Maule, Diane Proud, Tom Rodgers