General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chi Town Girl Coming to the Big Apple Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-20 10:24 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: Chi Town Girl Coming to the Big Apple

Hey there NY BT peeps!

So I am coming to NYC for an annual conference (that I actually haven't been to since 2011, and the last time, we were in a Marriott way down near the WTC), so I haven't been to this Hilton near Central Park before.

My question is...I would LOVE to go for a run in the morning (around 6-6:15) before I have to get ready...is it light enough out then for me to run alone?  According to the map of where the Hilton is, it looks as though I can run up 6th avenue and run right into Central Park. Is that doable or is 6th really busy???

Thanks for the tips!!

Laughing

2013-08-21 6:16 AM
in reply to: miami9296

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Subject: RE: Chi Town Girl Coming to the Big Apple
yes and even in the dark there are so many runners and cyclists starting around 5:30 (or earlier) that you will be fine
2013-08-21 11:13 AM
in reply to: TriToy

User image

Master
Chicago

Originally posted by TriToy yes and even in the dark there are so many runners and cyclists starting around 5:30 (or earlier) that you will be fine

Cool...thanks!!!

2013-08-21 12:18 PM
in reply to: miami9296

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by miami9296

Hey there NY BT peeps!

So I am coming to NYC for an annual conference (that I actually haven't been to since 2011, and the last time, we were in a Marriott way down near the WTC), so I haven't been to this Hilton near Central Park before.

My question is...I would LOVE to go for a run in the morning (around 6-6:15) before I have to get ready...is it light enough out then for me to run alone?  According to the map of where the Hilton is, it looks as though I can run up 6th avenue and run right into Central Park. Is that doable or is 6th really busy???

Thanks for the tips!!

Laughing

I used to run from 55th & Madison (a block or two over) up and into the park. Run on the sidewalk and treat it as a warm-up. even that early there will be some crowds. Try to avoid running in the streets until you get to the park - they get a little crazy between cabs, black cars and delivery vans trying to get their jobs done.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chi Town Girl Coming to the Big Apple Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Town of Islip Great South Bay Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by husse23
Views: 7297 Posts: 45

2012-05-30 9:53 AM husse23

Town of Huntington Sprint Triathlon

Started by jktow
Views: 2617 Posts: 4

2011-03-17 10:05 AM Sammeg

Spring is Coming!!

Started by lextek
Views: 984 Posts: 4

2011-03-21 10:32 AM Dream Chaser

Coming From Out of Town: Cycling in New York

Started by jeng
Views: 850 Posts: 4

2006-12-21 4:40 PM jeng

Town of Pittsford Triathlon

Started by marmadaddy
Views: 2355 Posts: 4

2006-06-02 5:22 PM dexter
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.
date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.

date : March 5, 2006
author : ChiRunning
The three disciplines of triathlon are steeped in rhythm. Think of watching a well-trained swimmer, gliding smoothly down the lane, arms moving like clockwork, breathing every third stoke.
date : October 2, 2005
In order to improve your running efficiency and enjoy that last leg of every race, there are three important “rules of the road” to follow.

date : October 2, 2005
author : Team BT
My first reaction to wearing a skirt while running was, “are you crazy?” I am no girly girl. I then tried one of the newest skirts from Nicole DeBoom’s TRIKS line and I can tell you I’m hooked.
date : July 31, 2005
author : smeeko
No matter what technique you use, running still remains a sport that requires “pain and suffering.” Technique-only training will not make you a fast runner if you don’t practice to be one.

date : July 17, 2005
Running does not cause injury. Poor running form does. Running is more enjoyable, and safer if you know what you’re doing. And yes, even old dogs can learn new tricks.