2013-11-04 1:30 PM
in reply to: trigal38

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Originally posted by trigal38

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

It is hard to watch Kat, but mostly I feel sorry for her. Her self-esteem is rock bottom and the only reason her boyfriend would leave her is that he is probably exhausted from taking care of her.  It was so sad when she said "I'm not going to win at a puzzle, I can't even spell!"  Wow.   She actually was doing fine with the puzzle and I sort of wished someone would have said "Hey, you CAN do this."    She needs a lot of therapy.  She probably has a learning disability.

Not voting off Vytas was a tragic mistake.  Not only is he a threat, no one ever would have voted for Laura B at the end if she makes the finale.  No one ever.  DUMB.  Also, while its good early on to keep some strong phyical players, we're so close to the merge who cares.

I can't stop looking at Monica's skin.  How is it so perfect?   I'd be a terrible mess.

I agree, it's easy to say from our perspective I guess.

Yes, so hard for me in fact that I just shut it off. As soon as Monica cornered her about what she said to Tina I couldn't watch anymore.

And I have noticed Monica's skin also. No fine lines, age spots, wrinkles.

Monica has most certainly had a face lift already.

2013-11-04 1:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

I think Monica's skin looks horrible, I think of play doh every time I see it.

Edited by ChrisM 2013-11-04 1:32 PM
2013-11-04 1:33 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

It is hard to watch Kat, but mostly I feel sorry for her. Her self-esteem is rock bottom and the only reason her boyfriend would leave her is that he is probably exhausted from taking care of her.  It was so sad when she said "I'm not going to win at a puzzle, I can't even spell!"  Wow.   She actually was doing fine with the puzzle and I sort of wished someone would have said "Hey, you CAN do this."    She needs a lot of therapy.  She probably has a learning disability.

Not voting off Vytas was a tragic mistake.  Not only is he a threat, no one ever would have voted for Laura B at the end if she makes the finale.  No one ever.  DUMB.  Also, while its good early on to keep some strong phyical players, we're so close to the merge who cares.

I can't stop looking at Monica's skin.  How is it so perfect?   I'd be a terrible mess.

I love how her boyfriend wouldn't say "no, I'm not going to switch with you". He was smart. He made her make the choice, so that way he wouldn't be in trouble later for not doing it. He's a sly one! Ha!

2013-11-04 6:41 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by KSH

Originally posted by trigal38

Yes, so hard for me in fact that I just shut it off. As soon as Monica cornered her about what she said to Tina I couldn't watch anymore.

And I have noticed Monica's skin also. No fine lines, age spots, wrinkles.

Monica has most certainly had a face lift already.

Without a doubt. That's almost Nicole Kidman territory.
With every not so nice thing I have to say though, I really should follow up with a nice comment.
I'll give two.
The woman's got poise. The woman's got good exercise discipline. Culpepper chose well.

btw, agreed on all the Kat comments. So sad to see people who are so insecure. When the phrase, "He'll be so disappointed in me," is uttered, seriously, it's hard to watch.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2013-11-04 6:44 PM
2013-11-05 1:53 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I had to catch up on three episodes over the weekend.  Don't have much to say except a few little things.

Monica voiced that her feelings were hurt when Candace cursed and said all the trash about Brad.  Her response?  HER feelings were hurt when she was voted off!  Um, isn't that part of the game?  I understand you are hurt, but it's not personal.  THEN she admitted that it was ALL based on what people told her.  I like how Jeff sort of called her out saying the person who had the most to say about Brad never spent a second with him.  I would feel a bit foolish.

I think the secret of big moves is planting the "seed" and nurture it, but not beat it into people.  Make people think it's their idea or a group idea, not something you are enforcing.  I think Kat had a good idea with Monica ALWAYS scheming (which my get her in the end anyway), but then kept going on and on about it.  I think you through the idea out, see if it sticks and let it grow.  People who ride coat tails don't win, but neither to tyrants.  You need to be vocal, but also be forgettable, if that makes sense.  Fly JUST under the radar.  Maybe be an occasional blip.

Anyway, probably due to a lack of trying on my part.  But this loved ones thing is adding WAY too many more twists than I though of.  People are trying to pick who could beat who on redemption.  If a loved one is gone, can you recruit the other, and so on.  A lot to think of.

2013-11-07 10:55 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Pretty good episode last night. I think the writing was on the wall with Laura M. winning RI and getting back in.

Aras was the obvious choice to vote out just because everybody seems to like him and he and his brother could run the table on challenges the rest of the game.

From the previews, it looks like Tina found out that Tyson was behind it all and is pissed. Who cares, she shouldn't have won Season 2 anyway. Nobody likes her.

#coconutbandits4life

Everybody is talking about Monica and her skin but if you look at the rest of her skin it looks kind of the same. She is REALLY lean so maybe that is just the way her skin is. I think she's only 43.

Edited by Jtiger 2013-11-07 10:56 AM

2013-11-07 9:42 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Jtiger

Pretty good episode last night. I think the writing was on the wall with Laura M. winning RI and getting back in.

Aras was the obvious choice to vote out just because everybody seems to like him and he and his brother could run the table on challenges the rest of the game.

From the previews, it looks like Tina found out that Tyson was behind it all and is pissed. Who cares, she shouldn't have won Season 2 anyway. Nobody likes her.

#coconutbandits4life

Everybody is talking about Monica and her skin but if you look at the rest of her skin it looks kind of the same. She is REALLY lean so maybe that is just the way her skin is. I think she's only 43.

I've gotta disagree with ya on Monica's skin. Absolutely no way do I believe it's natural. Yes, she is lean, but typically wrinkles on the face are more pronounced on thinner faces than plump ones. Yes, that's a generality, but I'm sorry, her face just screams facelift to me. Seriously, her hubby played in the NFL for a good decade. She's a multi-millionaire...there's a very high probability she's had some work done.
To her credit, her body's fantastic.
I think they tried making her look a little crazy when she was talking with Tyson though. Oh well.

btw, to be fair, because a bunch of us did call out Kat on her "patheticness" earlier...how 'bout a little shot at John? He sadly said something to the effect of, "I don't want to disappoint her..." Some ridiculous statement...I'm sorry, really? Your wife is gonna be disappointed in the fact you weren't manipulative enough to win Survivor? Give me a break. Maybe it's in the editing of the show, but he came off almost as weak as Kat in my eyes. Just my opinion.

2013-11-14 8:50 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am really liking this season. There is alot more going on with fmaily members being involved!  I think Tyson is playing a pretty smart game right now. I think it was smart to vote the brothers off to RI, and that will be a good match when they go up against each other.

And Tina... glad she got voted out, to me she seems to come off with this entitlement vibe, like since she won already she should be exempt from some of the Survivor shananigans (like blindsides)

I do know that coming in 2nd place on the eating bugs challenge would suck big time!!!!

2013-11-14 9:24 AM
in reply to: jford2309

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by jford2309

I am really liking this season. There is alot more going on with fmaily members being involved!  I think Tyson is playing a pretty smart game right now. I think it was smart to vote the brothers off to RI, and that will be a good match when they go up against each other.

And Tina... glad she got voted out, to me she seems to come off with this entitlement vibe, like since she won already she should be exempt from some of the Survivor shananigans (like blindsides)

I do know that coming in 2nd place on the eating bugs challenge would suck big time!!!!

I got the same sort of feeling from Tina. I never watched her season so I don't know what kind of player she was but this time she thought she had a road to the end with ease and went on cruise control. When she confronted Tyson at back at the camp he handled it well that Aras had made final 4 deals with everybody there. She forgets the game or never understood the blindside in the first place.

I liked the double tribal episode. Seems like the game didn't change that much but with only one left of the final 7 alliance it should be easy but it never is at this point.

MONICA WTF are you so paranoid or at least the editors make her look way more paranoid than the others. She went off scrips so she needs to scramble and make a move now or she is gone in the next one or two votes. While Gervase hasn't been strong in physical challenges he's positioning himself nicely as being the co-leader with Tyson but letting Tyson take the hit for the blindsides and sore feelings. He might win this thing if he makes it to the end.

Vytas was an idiot for saying that at tribal under the guise of "that's what I was thinking" then keep thinking it and not saying it. He was gone anyway but that sealed his fate. Smart of the tribe to follow Tina into the woods. I'm wondering how Tyson's alliance is going to react when he reveals the idol, if he ever needs it?

That could be the detail that costs him the prize at the end that he kept it from them while everyone else burned the clue.
2013-11-21 9:43 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am not so sure how I would handle my kid writing my name down at Tribal Council, that's gotta hurt!

2013-11-21 11:58 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

It was nice not seeing much of Monica this week.  I needed a break.  

I think that Ciera needs to be careful about getting too cocky, but the way she outed Katie was genius!

Sometimes I forget that Hayden and Caleb are even there.

I watched the first Ponderosa video.  As usual, with only one person there so far, it was boring.  They are staying at new place, a much nicer resort. 

2013-11-21 4:03 PM

User image

Elite

So far it is good. Vitas and Arius were logical choices. One could beat the other. Tina's daughter was another good choice for the same reason, but I think her days are numbered. I could see her making it though while everyone else fights and being a contender. Laura M was another logical choice... and then Cierra for the same reason. Let the loved ones fight it out.

So far Tyson is playing really good. But nobody is as secure as they think they are. Not sure if he has blabbed about the idol off camera, but it seems he has kept his trap shut about it. That is big. We will see how that plays out.

As usual, it is a little boring in the beginning. One tribe usually dominates. Rarely do outsiders gain the inside after a flip or merge. The obvious ones are picked off... then it get interesting on who is going to come to the front and how they will position themselves. At this point, everyone still has a shot.

2013-11-22 7:19 AM
in reply to: powerman

Master
Memphis, TN
Good episode. Ciera is one cold blooded bish for writing her name down. She could have wrote Katie and played it like she couldn't write her mother but knew she was going.

VERY surprised to see Tina still standing. I think everybody wrote her off when she was facing off against Aras and Vytas who are strong and smart. Other than Tyson I'm really rooting for Vytas. He seems very likable and what a story he has.

That reward/immunity challenge was designed for a woman. Monica kicks A$$ at those types of balance/endurance body weight challenges. Kudos to her.

From the previews next time it looks like the alliance is conspiring against Tyson but it's looked that way before and he's still there with the idol.

#coconut bandits
2013-12-05 8:48 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Finally a good tribal council! Although the plan may have backfired on Cierra, I still think she did the right thing. I would have loved it if Tyson would have drawn the white rock!

Maybe they are not thinking about this, but if Cierra's mom continues to kick butt at RI and makes it back to the game, then Cierra could be sitting in a pretty good spot, especially if last ngiht would have worked in her favor.

2013-12-05 10:09 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Finally a good tribal council! Although the plan may have backfired on Cierra, I still think she did the right thing. I would have loved it if Tyson would have drawn the white rock!

Maybe they are not thinking about this, but if Cierra's mom continues to kick butt at RI and makes it back to the game, then Cierra could be sitting in a pretty good spot, especially if last ngiht would have worked in her favor.

Yeah, they haven't talked about this for a while. I assume the RI island player will be back for final four, which is getting close.  They really need to oust Cierra, she is dangerous in so many ways.

2013-12-05 9:20 PM

User image

Bronze member

Yeah, I've missed a few episodes but this was a good one. Gotta give credit to Hayden for never giving up.

2013-12-06 7:40 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
What an episode. I've never seen a tribal where they drew rocks.

I have to give Hayden credit for swinging for the fences. I thought he might have hurt his case IF he made it to the end by coming off as pushy and arrogant but Gervase took that burden off his shoulders. If Ciera finally woke up and started playing the game she should have done that last episode. It's a little late now assuming Monica doesn't flip.

This is a really good season with veteran players and their proteges. Other than Katie these people know how to play and I'm kind of tired of Laura helping Tina in every RI challenge. Play your own game Tina. Then again she has always annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it's after the first tribal that didn't go her way she kind of overreacted.

#coconutbandits
2013-12-06 8:10 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I caught up last night.

Wow, crazy tribal right there!  Rocks drawn!  Poor Katie...was worth a gamble...she really couldn't turn on Hayden without making it so she wouldn't win anyway...so drawing rocks was a big move.  By Ciera too.  But really surprised she didn't realize she would be the only person drawing a rock that wasn't a name being tossed around for elimination....I wish it had worked and they had axed Monica....

It's been a good season...definitely like the twists with the loved ones and didn't think I would....

2013-12-06 8:20 AM

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Jtiger What an episode. I've never seen a tribal where they drew rocks. I have to give Hayden credit for swinging for the fences. I thought he might have hurt his case IF he made it to the end by coming off as pushy and arrogant but Gervase took that burden off his shoulders. If Ciera finally woke up and started playing the game she should have done that last episode. It's a little late now assuming Monica doesn't flip. This is a really good season with veteran players and their proteges. Other than Katie these people know how to play and I'm kind of tired of Laura helping Tina in every RI challenge. Play your own game Tina. Then again she has always annoyed me for some reason. Maybe it's after the first tribal that didn't go her way she kind of overreacted. #coconutbandits

Was she the fist coat tail rider to win maybe? My Survivor history is not as sharp as some but I seem to remember Colby winning lots of immunities in her original season and the jury turning on him for it. Bingo - Tina is the winner.

2013-12-06 3:02 PM

User image

Elite

Ciera was right to do it... she is 4th... duh. Hayden was right in pointing it out. He did all he could do to stay alive, and he is still alive. To me... all that worked best for him. He just made a big case if he makes it to final 3 for getting a win by swinging Ciera.

As far as the bottom alliance of Katie, Hayden and Ciera... they are not the bottom at all. Right now, who ever comes back from RI will be on their side. Tina and Laura M are big threats if they come back, and Ciera and Katie are more than alive. 

Tyson is really playing a good game. Nothing to complain about. Everyone has to know he is #1 right now... but Hayden playing Jervis against him as #2... brilliant. Way to hit that ego. And Jervis better do something if he wants to make a case for being #1. He has played well, but don't know about a big move.

2013-12-06 3:07 PM

User image

Originally posted by powerman

Ciera was right to do it... she is 4th... duh. Hayden was right in pointing it out. He did all he could do to stay alive, and he is still alive. To me... all that worked best for him. He just made a big case if he makes it to final 3 for getting a win by swinging Ciera.

As far as the bottom alliance of Katie, Hayden and Ciera... they are not the bottom at all. Right now, who ever comes back from RI will be on their side. Tina and Laura M are big threats if they come back, and Ciera and Katie are more than alive. 

Tyson is really playing a good game. Nothing to complain about. Everyone has to know he is #1 right now... but Hayden playing Jervis against him as #2... brilliant. Way to hit that ego. And Jervis better do something if he wants to make a case for being #1. He has played well, but don't know about a big move.

In general, I think he was, but comments like his to Katie after getting voted out (if it wasn't already clear) really cause bad blood among the jury.  Then we'll get the speech "do you vote for the guy that played the game (Tyson) or the one that coat tailed (Gervase, Monica) without rubbing people the wrong way - although there is no love loss for Monica on the jury either

Edited by ChrisM 2013-12-06 3:08 PM

2013-12-06 7:29 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Elite
So many dumb moves by these people. Why would Gervais count 1-2-3-4 and make Ciera 4? Just dumb.
Why would Tyson talk smack?
Personally, I'm rooting for Monica. It would be a tough route to get there, but she just strikes me as a cool chick.
2013-12-06 9:12 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy So many dumb moves by these people. Why would Gervais count 1-2-3-4 and make Ciera 4? Just dumb. Why would Tyson talk smack? Personally, I'm rooting for Monica. It would be a tough route to get there, but she just strikes me as a cool chick.

Ya, the comment Tyson made was stupid. And I believed Jarvis just counted in order... but ya, totally back fired. Freudian slip at the wrong time.

2013-12-06 9:16 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChrisM

In general, I think he was, but comments like his to Katie after getting voted out (if it wasn't already clear) really cause bad blood among the jury.  Then we'll get the speech "do you vote for the guy that played the game (Tyson) or the one that coat tailed (Gervase, Monica) without rubbing people the wrong way - although there is no love loss for Monica on the jury either

Monica is just plain tough and I do not see her as a coat tail rider. For what ever reason she is not a popular person when she plays. She has been on the bottom all the time. But she has worked, and she is tough as nails in challenges. She has worked.

Laura M is not out at all. She is tough too. It is more than possible for her to win immunity all the way to final 3. If she get's back in the game and makes it to the end... she wins. RI twice, on the bottom and still makes it... come on. I don't feel the same about Tina.... or Katie for that matter.

I have no idea how it would work if Laura and ciera made it to the end... it's possible

2013-12-07 6:39 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy So many dumb moves by these people. Why would Gervais count 1-2-3-4 and make Ciera 4? Just dumb. Why would Tyson talk smack? Personally, I'm rooting for Monica. It would be a tough route to get there, but she just strikes me as a cool chick.

Ya, the comment Tyson made was stupid. And I believed Jarvis just counted in order... but ya, totally back fired. Freudian slip at the wrong time.

Was thinking the exact same thing. And Gervase fell right into Hayden's little ploy pointing at Tyson to be the one to beat. I am not really pulling for anyone but Tyson and Gervase are too full of themselves for me. I don't dislike them but I'm not rooting for them to win either. It would be fun to watch someone throw a wrench in their plan and oust one of them with a big move.

Monica is really solid in the challenges. She moved through that balance thing with the ball on the stick like it was a walk in the park.  I felt bad for Katie when the ball kept hitting her in the head!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor: Blood vs. Water Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Survivor Heros vs Villains 25 Feb 2010

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1152 Posts: 17

2010-02-28 9:08 PM JBrashear

Survivor heroes vs villains.....Surviving Survivor

Views: 991 Posts: 2

2010-02-04 11:12 PM jldicarlo

Survivor Fans vs Favorites

Views: 942 Posts: 10

2008-05-13 2:58 PM run4yrlif

Survivor Fans vs Favorites

Views: 981 Posts: 6

2008-02-15 5:39 PM Triboy77

Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...

Started by toppings17
Views: 1235 Posts: 3

2004-05-12 5:28 PM toppings17
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon
date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.
date : December 12, 2004
author : CLLinIA
comments : 1
What you can do to clean up your local swimming hole and keep it clean!

date : September 19, 2004
author : malvey
The next time you see one of your kids or grandkids, look deep into their eyes and know that they would give anything to have you around for five, ten fifteen, or even twenty more years.