US State Forums Texas » Clear Lake Rss Feed  
Moderators: Comet, Ron Reply
2013-08-22 8:31 AM

User image

Pro
4767
200020005001001002525
Houston
Subject: Clear Lake
Who's in? Oly or Sprint?


2013-08-22 9:45 AM
in reply to: KeriKadi

User image

Pro
4650
200020005001002525
CyFair
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Oly
2013-08-22 1:57 PM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

New user
89
252525
Houston, Texas
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Sprint. The Clear Lake sprint last year was my first ever Tri, so I'm interested to see improvement. Good luck to you!!!
2013-08-22 4:42 PM
in reply to: toodamnbroke

User image

Member
1126
100010025
Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Originally posted by toodamnbroke

Sprint. The Clear Lake sprint last year was my first ever Tri, so I'm interested to see improvement. Good luck to you!!!


Goodluck justin , hope i can join you ,but signed up at Townelakes on Labor day next week.
2013-08-22 8:15 PM
in reply to: #4836122

New user
40
25
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Olympic for me!
2013-08-25 8:47 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

New user
89
252525
Houston, Texas
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
So the race is over. I did well, I came in 4th in AG. I had 2nd in the bag but I missed the apartment driveway turn during the run and it cost me 2 minutes.... But PR in the swim. Oddly enough everyone's swim in my AG looked fast, a little too fast, but oh well. PR for MPH on the bike, 22+ and an ave run.

Overall a good day minus the run mistake which cost me the 2nd...


2013-08-26 9:37 AM
in reply to: toodamnbroke

User image

Pro
4650
200020005001002525
CyFair
Subject: RE: Clear Lake

Originally posted by toodamnbroke So the race is over. I did well, I came in 4th in AG. I had 2nd in the bag but I missed the apartment driveway turn during the run and it cost me 2 minutes.... But PR in the swim. Oddly enough everyone's swim in my AG looked fast, a little too fast, but oh well. PR for MPH on the bike, 22+ and an ave run. Overall a good day minus the run mistake which cost me the 2nd...

 

That sucks dude, but congrats on your day.  I also got 4th in my AG.  Caught a heel square at the first buoy in the Oly and let it mentally FUBAR my swim.  A little disappointed in my race, but I can't complain with a 4th.

2013-08-26 10:09 AM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

Pro
4767
200020005001001002525
Houston
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Good: Best Oly swim in a long time. After a really bad Oly swim a little over a year ago I have been struggling with anxiety in the water but I handled what the swim gave me. It sure was obvious when the fast guys caught the women though, the whole chop of the water and aggressiveness of the swimmers changed. I feel bad that guys have to swim with guys all the time, y'all suck!

Bad: Crashed the bike out of T1, bike jumped to big ring could not find any working gears for at least 5 miles, the chain just jumped constantly and it sounded like I had silverware in the garbage disposal. Finally found one gear in the big ring and the two easiest gears in the small ring. Made for a tough ride and I trashed my legs. Thought about pulling an aqua-bike but felt there are lessons to be learned on the course no matter what so I stuck it out.
2013-08-26 8:59 PM
in reply to: KeriKadi

New user
9

Houston
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
I did the sprint - it was my first brackish water swim and I lived to tell about it I cut my foot up a little getting out of the dock after a practice swim but thankfully it didn't bother me during the race, just after. I'm pretty sure the sprint course was short though. I know salt water helps a little, but not that much!

The bike was a lot of fun except for the guys thinking it was okay to pass four abreast. I think I actually let out an audible "wheeeeeeeeeeeee" going down the bridge.

That run sucks donkey balls and I don't know how you Oly folks did three laps of it. If they could figure out a nicer run course, I'd do the oly in a heart beat.
2013-08-26 10:02 PM
in reply to: kati_lh

User image

Member
1126
100010025
Pearland,Tx
Subject: RE: Clear Lake
Originally posted by kati_lh

I did the sprint - it was my first brackish water swim and I lived to tell about it I cut my foot up a little getting out of the dock after a practice swim but thankfully it didn't bother me during the race, just after. I'm pretty sure the sprint course was short though. I know salt water helps a little, but not that much!

The bike was a lot of fun except for the guys thinking it was okay to pass four abreast. I think I actually let out an audible "wheeeeeeeeeeeee" going down the bridge.

That run sucks donkey balls and I don't know how you Oly folks did three laps of it. If they could figure out a nicer run course, I'd do the oly in a heart beat.


kat

hope to read your race report.

New Thread
US State Forums Texas » Clear Lake Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pasadena/Clear Lake group rides

Started by brooksinc1976
Views: 530 Posts: 2

2011-02-23 3:52 PM CKTX

New to Clear Lake

Started by wisechick
Views: 983 Posts: 6

2010-10-28 3:49 PM brooksinc1976

Clear Lake Int'l Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by pvollands
Views: 675 Posts: 1

2010-08-08 12:57 PM pvollands

Clear Lake Sprint/International Pages: 1 2

Started by whizzards23
Views: 3460 Posts: 37

2010-08-29 12:37 PM uhcoog

Clear Lake International Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by x_caliber50
Views: 4909 Posts: 85

2009-09-04 6:46 AM craigvars
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2010
author : CavalloHJ
comments : 5
I found a sprint, the Lake Las Vegas Triathlon, that was happening four months down the road and signed myself up; much to the surprise of friends and family.
 
date : September 26, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
New products from Prologo, Lake, Avia, Orbea, Ceepo, Jamis, Zipp, Profile, Scott and Specialized.
date : July 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I have Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was looking into renting Zipp 303's or 404's for race day for Ironman Lake Placid. What time will I save?
 
date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 0
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
 
date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
comments : 0
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.
 
date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
comments : 2
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.