General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Whister Volunteers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-23 11:34 AM

Subject: Ironman Whister Volunteers
Any volunteers here or know how the process works? I haven't been able to get in touch with my team captain and I only know where we are meeting 30min before shift.

Do I need to sign in at a tent anywhere earlier? Pick up volunteer T-shirt or will the captain have all of them?

Thanks

2013-08-23 12:20 PM
in reply to: aavlee

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Ironman Whister Volunteers

Originally posted by aavlee Any volunteers here or know how the process works? I haven't been able to get in touch with my team captain and I only know where we are meeting 30min before shift. Do I need to sign in at a tent anywhere earlier? Pick up volunteer T-shirt or will the captain have all of them? Thanks

Sorry, I don't know how the process will work with Whistler, but at both Penticton and Wisconsin I checked in at the volunteer tent about 30 minutes before my scheduled shift, got my t-shirt and was told where to find my team captain.  However, for both events, I had also been contacted more than once by the team captain to make sure we all knew what was going to happen that day. 

Especially if you're planning on signing up for the race the next day, make sure you sign in and get the wristband or whatever Whistler is giving out to ensure that you as a volunteer get first crack at signing up.

Thank you for volunteering, and I hope you have a great day out there!! 

2013-08-23 2:03 PM
in reply to: aavlee

User image

New user
Surrey, British Columbia
Subject: RE: Ironman Whister Volunteers
Hi! This is an email I received yesterday from my team captain. I'm volunteering at the finish line. What shift are you volunteering for?

"Training/Orientation Session (for those who can make it)
Saturday from 3:00 to 4:30 pm in the Athlete Registration tent at the northeast corner of Whistler Olympic Plaza (near the Paralympic Agitos). You will be issued your t-shirt and finish area access wristband, and your Sunday duties will be explained and demonstrated.

Sunday check-in for those who are unable to make the Saturday training:
Anytime prior to your shift, come to the Volunteer Food tent in Whistler Olympic Plaza (on the grass below the Olympic Rings; apparently the tent will have a blue tear drop flag on top). If you cant find it, ask at the Village Host booth."

Hope this info helps. Have fun!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Whister Volunteers Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ironman Volunteer

Started by suffer78
Views: 1311 Posts: 14

2007-08-24 4:38 PM Stitch26.2

Volunteering- rules regarding the "karma of volunteering"

Started by joelkratzer
Views: 1068 Posts: 8

2007-03-28 4:19 PM coachese

Volunteers for Ironman 70.3 California

Started by carverrt
Views: 1624 Posts: 3

2007-02-28 3:47 AM iwantotri

Volunteering at an Ironman...

Started by trigirl74
Views: 616 Posts: 11

2006-01-25 5:21 PM coachese

Ironman Wisconsin Volunteers

Started by coredump
Views: 1013 Posts: 5

2004-08-18 12:17 PM rookie44
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : April 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
An unexpected upside of completing a full distance triathlon
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?
date : July 5, 2008
author : lmscozz
comments : 4
My experience as a volunteer at a sprint triathlon. My reasons for arising before the sun were not to work out, but to volunteer. I wanted to give back to a sport I’m learning to love.

date : February 8, 2007
author : mscotthall
Everyone and anyone that has ever raced in a triathlon should take it upon themselves to volunteer at just one event next season. It is an eye-opening and inspirational experience.
date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!