Other Resources My Cup of Joe » MTV VMA Awards Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, DerekL, Ron Reply
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
2013-08-28 3:29 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
5477
5000100100100100252525
LHOTP
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by popsracer

I'm just trying to figure out how to log my twerk outs.Cry

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/should-your-next-workout-be-twerk-out

1 hour, glutes/hamstrings/low back

Salty.  Salty, Salty, Salty.  I've seen your azz. Ain't no man on this board who's gonna be able to log an hour if you're twerkin.

You've only called out the men! Oh, you athletic? 

And not to be a party pooper but it sounds like I have some sort of an intervention to attend and 1 hour of twerkin just might not fit in the schedule. 

Chit, show me on the...

I don't really feel like I should be the one pointing this out to you--you have a bit more experience than I do--but, um, twerkin (as it were) doesn't really jive with my idea of what works with F/F sex.  Please, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong...this is beginner triathlete.

Pretty sure Brad's intervention is twerkin, and, again, I'm sure it wouldn't take an hour.  I'd be willing to take a bet at 10 minutes tops, no disrespect meant to you Brad.

We should just do a "talk like Big Sean" day (similar to talk like a pirate, but different.)

In that case, that really frees up my day! 

And just to clarify, a penis doesn't really have anything to do with twerkin', although one or some seem to be somewhere nearby in the majority of instances. 

Tears streaming down my face laughing.  It's on.  I'm gonna put it down on the calendar now.

I know a penis doesn't have anything essential to do with twerkin.  However, the angle of twerkin just seems all wrong for F/F.  It seems like it would work better if...huh...I just completley lost my train of thought.



2013-08-28 3:55 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
5472
50001001001001002525
Bartlett, TN
Silver member
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
This is not where I thought this topic would go when I started it...
2013-08-28 4:11 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by popsracer

I'm just trying to figure out how to log my twerk outs.Cry

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/should-your-next-workout-be-twerk-out

1 hour, glutes/hamstrings/low back

Salty.  Salty, Salty, Salty.  I've seen your azz. Ain't no man on this board who's gonna be able to log an hour if you're twerkin.

You've only called out the men! Oh, you athletic? 

And not to be a party pooper but it sounds like I have some sort of an intervention to attend and 1 hour of twerkin just might not fit in the schedule. 

Chit, show me on the...

I don't really feel like I should be the one pointing this out to you--you have a bit more experience than I do--but, um, twerkin (as it were) doesn't really jive with my idea of what works with F/F sex.  Please, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong...this is beginner triathlete.

Pretty sure Brad's intervention is twerkin, and, again, I'm sure it wouldn't take an hour.  I'd be willing to take a bet at 10 minutes tops, no disrespect meant to you Brad.

We should just do a "talk like Big Sean" day (similar to talk like a pirate, but different.)

In that case, that really frees up my day! 

And just to clarify, a penis doesn't really have anything to do with twerkin', although one or some seem to be somewhere nearby in the majority of instances. 

Tears streaming down my face laughing.  It's on.  I'm gonna put it down on the calendar now.

I know a penis doesn't have anything essential to do with twerkin.  However, the angle of twerkin just seems all wrong for F/F.  It seems like it would work better if...huh...I just completley lost my train of thought.

I have something to show you

2013-08-28 4:18 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Elite
4370
200020001001001002525
Connecticut
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by lisac957
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by ebshot
Originally posted by lisac957

I have mixed feelings on Miley Thighley. 

1. Miley is an "adult" and can represent herself however she sees fit. We don't have to approve or like it (or watch or talk about it - yet here we are).

2. Parents of young girls (and/or boys) who are or might be fans - possibly left over from Hanna Montana - how do you handle this? I would have no idea where to start.


I actually watched some of the performance with my 12 year old daughter.  It was a great learning lesson and a great way to open up communication about choices that we make and the consequences they have.  I made sure my daughter knew that Miley's choices are going to affect her for quite some time.  I also said that I think it is very sad to see how she has progressed from a nice kid on television to where she is now.  My daughter was very receptive to the conversation and had some questions about what could be causing Miley to do such things.  We talked about drugs (alcohol use has been talked about a ton in our house for obvious reasons. ) and how they can affect your thinking and decision making.

So I am thankful that Miley gave me that opportunity to have a great conversation with my 12 year old.  That being said, I hope she gets some help soon.

Help?

I agree with a lot of what you had to say. But geeze, she expressed herself, in a way that a lot of girls her age do. Just not on such a ...national stage. It was probably something she will look back on (or already has) and realize it was a mistake. Or not. But getting help? That seems a bit dramatic.

I know I did some silly stuff when I was her age, and I am really lucky I wasn't in a position where it was getting national media attention. That doesn't really mean I needed "help." I just had some lessons to learn about who I was, and how I wanted to be perceived. 

I am guessing ebshot was referring to the assumption that she has a drug/alcohol problem (not sure though).

It's not really an assumption though, she blatantly references her drug infused party lifestyle in her songs, videos, photos, social media, interviews (and they are regularly "radio-edited" out)..... I know some folks can do drugs/alcohol without having problems but I won't be shocked when she enters re-hab.


Yes I was referring to substance issues.  She is clearly using something and hopefully she can figure it out sooner rather than later.

2013-08-28 4:23 PM
in reply to: ebshot

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by ebshot
Originally posted by lisac957
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by ebshot
Originally posted by lisac957

I have mixed feelings on Miley Thighley. 

1. Miley is an "adult" and can represent herself however she sees fit. We don't have to approve or like it (or watch or talk about it - yet here we are).

2. Parents of young girls (and/or boys) who are or might be fans - possibly left over from Hanna Montana - how do you handle this? I would have no idea where to start.


I actually watched some of the performance with my 12 year old daughter.  It was a great learning lesson and a great way to open up communication about choices that we make and the consequences they have.  I made sure my daughter knew that Miley's choices are going to affect her for quite some time.  I also said that I think it is very sad to see how she has progressed from a nice kid on television to where she is now.  My daughter was very receptive to the conversation and had some questions about what could be causing Miley to do such things.  We talked about drugs (alcohol use has been talked about a ton in our house for obvious reasons. ) and how they can affect your thinking and decision making.

So I am thankful that Miley gave me that opportunity to have a great conversation with my 12 year old.  That being said, I hope she gets some help soon.

Help?

I agree with a lot of what you had to say. But geeze, she expressed herself, in a way that a lot of girls her age do. Just not on such a ...national stage. It was probably something she will look back on (or already has) and realize it was a mistake. Or not. But getting help? That seems a bit dramatic.

I know I did some silly stuff when I was her age, and I am really lucky I wasn't in a position where it was getting national media attention. That doesn't really mean I needed "help." I just had some lessons to learn about who I was, and how I wanted to be perceived. 

I am guessing ebshot was referring to the assumption that she has a drug/alcohol problem (not sure though).

It's not really an assumption though, she blatantly references her drug infused party lifestyle in her songs, videos, photos, social media, interviews (and they are regularly "radio-edited" out)..... I know some folks can do drugs/alcohol without having problems but I won't be shocked when she enters re-hab.


Yes I was referring to substance issues.  She is clearly using something and hopefully she can figure it out sooner rather than later.

Maybe from the other references that were cited. I haven't heard a whole lot about that. But I don't think the VMAs is any kind of indicator that she needs help. 

2013-08-28 4:29 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
5477
5000100100100100252525
LHOTP
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by popsracer

I'm just trying to figure out how to log my twerk outs.Cry

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/should-your-next-workout-be-twerk-out

1 hour, glutes/hamstrings/low back

Salty.  Salty, Salty, Salty.  I've seen your azz. Ain't no man on this board who's gonna be able to log an hour if you're twerkin.

You've only called out the men! Oh, you athletic? 

And not to be a party pooper but it sounds like I have some sort of an intervention to attend and 1 hour of twerkin just might not fit in the schedule. 

Chit, show me on the...

I don't really feel like I should be the one pointing this out to you--you have a bit more experience than I do--but, um, twerkin (as it were) doesn't really jive with my idea of what works with F/F sex.  Please, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong...this is beginner triathlete.

Pretty sure Brad's intervention is twerkin, and, again, I'm sure it wouldn't take an hour.  I'd be willing to take a bet at 10 minutes tops, no disrespect meant to you Brad.

We should just do a "talk like Big Sean" day (similar to talk like a pirate, but different.)

In that case, that really frees up my day! 

And just to clarify, a penis doesn't really have anything to do with twerkin', although one or some seem to be somewhere nearby in the majority of instances. 

Tears streaming down my face laughing.  It's on.  I'm gonna put it down on the calendar now.

I know a penis doesn't have anything essential to do with twerkin.  However, the angle of twerkin just seems all wrong for F/F.  It seems like it would work better if...huh...I just completley lost my train of thought.

I have something to show you



2013-08-28 7:02 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Elite
3027
2000100025
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
I think it's funny how people say they feel sorry for her and that she is obviously so desperate. She is a very rich young woman. This was clearly a thought-out move to attempt to launch an adult career and move beyond her Hanna Montana empire. I'm sure her agent(s) were all on board with this. If the music career as an adult doesn't pan out, then she just rides off into the sunset with her massive wealth. Don't cry for me, Argentina.
2013-08-28 7:41 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Pro
6177
50001000100252525
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards

Originally posted by zed707 I think it's funny how people say they feel sorry for her and that she is obviously so desperate. She is a very rich young woman. This was clearly a thought-out move to attempt to launch an adult career and move beyond her Hanna Montana empire. I'm sure her agent(s) were all on board with this. If the music career as an adult doesn't pan out, then she just rides off into the sunset with her massive wealth. Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Judging by the track record of most spoiled celebrities, if her career ends she will likely be very broke in a matter of a couple years.

Other than that, I do agree with you.  ;-)

2013-08-28 8:36 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
9496
500020002000100100100100252525
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
I can't figure out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I don't have a clue what twerkin' is.
2013-08-28 9:03 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
5477
5000100100100100252525
LHOTP
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards

Originally posted by Left Brain I can't figure out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I don't have a clue what twerkin' is.

Oh you know what it is, you just don't know it by name.

St. Louis is twerkin central;)

2013-08-28 9:21 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
9496
500020002000100100100100252525
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by Left Brain I can't figure out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I don't have a clue what twerkin' is.

Oh you know what it is, you just don't know it by name.

St. Louis is twerkin central

I'm moving.



2013-08-28 9:25 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
5477
5000100100100100252525
LHOTP
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by Left Brain
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by Left Brain I can't figure out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I don't have a clue what twerkin' is.

Oh you know what it is, you just don't know it by name.

St. Louis is twerkin central;)

I'm moving.

It often causes movement. It's OK.

2013-08-29 2:40 PM
in reply to: peby

User image

Extreme Veteran
671
5001002525
Not Quite DFL
Subject: RE: MTV VMA Awards
Originally posted by peby

Soon she will be depleted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgj2etJs3Y&feature=youtu.be




I don't know if I've ever seen the onion be so accurate. I get a kick out of their stuff - and was surprised when I saw the video was uploaded in 2008.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » MTV VMA Awards Rss Feed  
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
RELATED POSTS

MTV confession Pages: 1 2

Started by AbbieR
Views: 892 Posts: 28

2009-03-19 9:23 PM dgunthert

MTV Made: Triathlete

Started by jsklarz
Views: 3677 Posts: 13

2008-12-30 6:56 PM kristinc0916

VMA's

Started by NavyTRIChief
Views: 319 Posts: 3

2008-09-08 2:03 PM dave699

Chipotle on MTV

Started by 3558
Views: 1190 Posts: 11

2005-08-10 4:54 PM queenB

MTV triathlon

Started by Colomingle
Views: 669 Posts: 7

2005-07-04 9:38 PM cerveloP3