General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-26 6:58 PM

User image

Subject: Masters Swimming
I was looking for a masters type swim team to join. I don't care if its an official team or just a coached practice. I'm in the hartford area and was leaning towards the Meriden YMCA team because they practice in the evening not at the crack of dawn. I'm looking for something to kick my butt over the winter and hopefully take some time off my swim. Anyone belong to a team or have any other suggestions?

2013-08-27 9:48 AM
in reply to: bigevilgrape

User image

Connecticut
Subject: RE: Masters Swimming
There is a Masters program out in Ellington at the Y, but it is early morning and I dont think its a "team". However there is a new coach this year and he may run it differently than in the past. I am sure you can call or email and inquire if you're interested.

Chris
2013-08-27 4:41 PM
in reply to: littycm

User image

Subject: RE: Masters Swimming
I'll give them a call and see what they have going on. I'd deffinitly rather join the greater hartford Y then the Meriden. I'd be more likely to use the facilities for strength training and spin classes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swimming Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Master's Swim Training in CT

Started by linawalton
Views: 1801 Posts: 4

2009-01-29 5:58 PM stumfossil

Mystic YMCA tri swimming and masters programs

Started by ebshot
Views: 1712 Posts: 6

2009-01-16 3:34 PM aarondavidson

Master's Group in Danbury

Started by ksb
Views: 714 Posts: 3

2007-08-01 8:48 PM ddiciacco

WED PM SWIMS..what happened? Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Marlborough Man
Views: 2786 Posts: 57

2006-07-27 4:17 PM burniect

WED PM SWIMS..what happened?

Started by Marlborough Man
Views: 718 Posts: 1

2006-07-25 6:39 AM Marlborough Man
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete

date : December 30, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
Is beating yourself up on intervals you can barely maintain the best way to get the most out of your swim workout?
date : July 3, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions regarding wetsuit for a Sprint, Master's swimming, TI, aqua jogging, HIM fueling and salt, power meters and Tri vs Road bike.

date : February 28, 2005
author : infosteward
Sometimes the best way to master something is to be around people who are masters of it. For non-swimmers - there is the Master’s Swim group.
date : February 13, 2005
The most common question I hear in the triathlete world about the mysteries of swimming efficiently usually involves something with breathing.

date : November 28, 2004
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!
date : August 31, 2004
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.

date : August 31, 2004
Most of us in the triathlon world are concerned with more than just fat burning. There are certain situations when it’s appropriate to use fins during a workout.