of 2

2014-03-23 1:31 PM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Subject: RE: Florida Challenge March 22, 2014
Originally posted by Donto

Originally posted by rjrankin83 Was I the only one who didn't get an email about only ONE water station on the bike?
NO!  That pissed me off as I could have used water where the 2nd SAG was suppose to be, I was empty (28 oz) 5 miles from Sugarloaf.  I asked the other guys I was with afterward and said the 2nd was all setup by the time they got there.  The 1st was two cars by a porty pottie, guess they had to go to the trunks to get bottles and them to people. The trunks weren't even open when I went past, IMHO it was located to close to the start. I thought they were just being spectators.

When I went by where the 2nd was suppose to be the U-haul trucks were just arriving.  Apparently they had everything they were suppose to have once they were setup.  Didn't do me any good.

I saw the porty pottie and people but they were cheering. We made a right and there they were. A lady I was near and I both thought they were spectators and didn't see any water. Didn't see any U-Haul trucks anywhere. I didn't have any water with me just my Infinit bottle because they said there'd be 3 water stations and I could make it an hour or so with no water. Course was tough and 40 miles with no water was torture. Also the bottles handed had no caps so you had to pound it and discard? Kinda pointless

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Florida Challenge March 22, 2014 Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Canadian looking for Sprint Tri in Florida in March 2013

Started by Dental mom
Views: 1377 Posts: 6

2012-10-13 10:37 AM islandflyer

any events in the tampa area april 22-may 1st

Started by biggoofy
Views: 1258 Posts: 5

2010-03-23 10:46 AM TrkHilo2k

Riverwalk 5m run 3/22

Started by yogus
Views: 873 Posts: 1

2008-03-06 6:51 AM yogus

Tradewinds Park Sprint triathlon in S. Florida on 10/22

Started by tbctbc
Views: 1052 Posts: 3

2006-08-11 9:13 PM tbctbc

Florida Challenge Triathlon - HIM

Started by jjweav
Views: 1265 Posts: 13

2006-06-28 4:20 PM jjweav
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 2
Going for broke in a race, as a pro or an amateur, can mean failure or exhilaration -- or both.

date : July 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm doing the 22 week sprint tri program and the 2 mile bike ride it starts with is not very challenging. I see this as a opportunity to train the right way and challenge myself. Any ideas?
date : July 1, 2009
author : mrmarkcole
comments : 37
Or why an Ironman 70.3 may not be your best choice for your first triathlon.

date : August 21, 2008
author : TriChica
comments : 8
I thought of all the times I didn’t attempt something I wanted to do because I was too afraid of trying something new or of failing completely.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : March 5, 2006
author : chrisandniki
A distillate of March happenings regarding races, workshops, products and news.

date : November 14, 2004
author : czone
At one of my last swim sessions the week of my first Ironman, one of my training partners told me how she was envious..."your first Ironman is fun, you have no pressure and no expectations!"