Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2013-09-07 6:10 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

NC
Subject: RE: Gimmie your "best" first world problems
Originally posted by KSH

I have never understood the leaf blowers. It just moves the problem to another area.

Yea, out of my yard.

2013-09-07 8:49 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Left Brain
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

Originally posted by Hot Runner My third/first world problem is entering crisis level. Mounting city-wide search for kitty litter today. (Can I log that?) It's good they don't have house inspections in the third world, or this one would probably be condemned.

My cat's food is $53 for 8 pounds. Per pound it would be cheaper to feed them grilled salmon

So why don't you?

Or..........................................................when is CHINESE New Year?  You could have another dinner. Laughing 

Lord......I apologize....

I have a dessert suggestion for that meal too.

Hypothetically...

If I don't have the right kind of wine to serve with cat, and I have to send someone to the store before we can eat, is that a first world problem or third world problem?

2013-09-07 9:10 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Hot Runner My third/first world problem is entering crisis level. Mounting city-wide search for kitty litter today. (Can I log that?) It's good they don't have house inspections in the third world, or this one would probably be condemned.

My cat's food is $53 for 8 pounds. Per pound it would be cheaper to feed them grilled salmon :)

So why don't you?

Or..........................................................when is CHINESE New Year?  You could have another dinner. Laughing 

Lord......I apologize....

I have a dessert suggestion for that meal too.

Hypothetically...

If I don't have the right kind of wine to serve with cat, and I have to send someone to the store before we can eat, is that a first world problem or third world problem?

Duh, second world problem.

2013-09-08 6:18 AM

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
My 3rd car broke down on a joyride a mile from home and I had to call the wife for a tow. I think it put me out for 15 minutes.

I ate a bit much yesterday and feel a little off.

My wife bought too much fruit from the local farmers. I will either have to freeze, can or throw it away.
2013-09-08 7:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Simple.....Have Moondawg send you some Erguotou from Beijing. Based on observation of fellow diners, it pairs well with donkey and dog, so it should go with cat as well. Actually, it would numb your nervous system so much you'd probably decide it goes well with anything,.

Oops--supposed to be a reply to Brian.

Second world problem solved for the moment here--found litter at another branch of the store about a mile away. There were only three bags so, following the expat code of honor (never buy the last pack litter or TP unless you are in fact completely out), plus in the interest of balanced muscle development, I bought two of them. No motor vehicle was involved. Strength training is the solution to a first world problem!

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-09-08 7:15 AM
2013-09-08 9:01 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

Originally posted by KSH
Originally posted by popsracer I was thinking of this thread and got a bit of a chuckle at my wife yesterday.  The next door neighbor's yardcare service blew leaves into the road instead of picking them up and they were starting to find their way into our yard.  My wife went nuts.  She went right over and got the number for the business and demanded they come over immediately and clean it up.  It was funny how worked up she was over this horrendous problem.Smile 
I have never understood the leaf blowers. It just moves the problem to another area.

I play a game on my runs and bikes, and that is to guess how long it will be into the workout before I encounter my first "leaf" blower.   It's usually sometime between about 30 seconds and 5 minutes.  Those things make huge clouds of dust, not to mention noise, and yeah, all they typically do is blow the crap into the street.  I don't understand the need to have a clean gutter in front of your home.  Sometimes the people rake it up the mess from the street, sometimes not.  I did manage to get the crew at the local park where I run to re-work their schedule so they weren't there 6 days a week with their leaf blowers at the same morning hour as dozens of people walking and running around the park.

2013-09-08 10:26 AM

User image

Elite
South Florida
I thought of this thread last night. A few of us were going to a concert and one girl's husband ordered us a car so we wouldn't have to drive. When he came to drop off his wife he saw it was a Suburban. He was mad because he had ordered the suburban limo so he called the company and we had to wait a half hour to get the new car. Made us a little late to our VIP box and we missed one Of the opening acts.
2013-09-08 8:03 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by Hot Runner Simple.....Have Moondawg send you some Erguotou from Beijing. Based on observation of fellow diners, it pairs well with donkey and dog, so it should go with cat as well. Actually, it would numb your nervous system so much you'd probably decide it goes well with anything,.

I'm told it pairs well with anything, because by tomorrow you won't remember what you ate, and you certainly won't care to remember what you drank.

2013-09-08 10:01 PM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Got Wahoo?
San Antonio
While flying business class to Paris last month I missed my connecting flight and had to fly coach on another flight.

My designer dogs don't shed, but their hair grows at an alarming rate. I have to get them groomed once every three months at about $100 per dog (goldendoodles).

I can't figure out how to change the water filter in my refrigerator.

My landcruiser air conditioner blows too cold.

My sprinkler system pops a head at least twice a year.

My espresso machine takes like 30 seconds to heat water sufficiently to brew.

The pool TV sometimes has a bad glare
2013-09-08 10:16 PM
in reply to: tmwelshy

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
My wife last night at dinner said "I like it when the chill the plate for the salad but not when they chill the silverware too." I told her, that is so going on this thread. I was then in the doghouse. That is my first world problem.
2013-09-09 12:34 PM
in reply to: kmac1346

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

There is a cricket in/near my office.  I have to have my headphones in to listen to PandoraOne, because it is annoying me!

2013-09-09 12:44 PM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

I went to visit a friend and see her new house this weekend.  It's ginormous and gorgeous.  She complained about how hard it was to decorate and furnish the 6000 plus sq. ft.  And the cleaning....well, obviously it would suck to have to maintain that much space.

Luckily when she "complains" she is fully aware of how first world her problems are and is extremely thankful for what she has....as well as very charitable Smile

2013-09-09 1:16 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Justin86

There is a cricket in/near my office.  I have to have my headphones in to listen to PandoraOne, because it is annoying me!

FWIW, there is an electronic cricket noise maker that can be put into a computer and set to go off at regular intervals.  I'm sure yours is a real cricket, and no one would want to torture you like that, but, uh, just in case...:)

2013-09-09 1:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

FWIW, there is an electronic cricket noise maker that can be put into a computer and set to go off at regular intervals.  I'm sure yours is a real cricket, and no one would want to torture you like that, but, uh, just in case...

I had no idea that existed....

Now I'm suspicious of my coworkers Laughing.  

2013-09-09 7:40 PM

User image

Master
Beijing

FWIW, there is an electronic cricket noise maker that can be put into a computer and set to go off at regular intervals.  I'm sure yours is a real cricket, and no one would want to torture you like that, but, uh, just in case...

There was a kid at work who told me:  "You're like a 20 year old stuck in a 40 year old body." 

The day I left for China, I left one of these in his office.

2013-09-09 7:48 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I don't really like the way my new $100+ running shoes feel, so now I just wear them for walking around and I had to get a new pair of different $100+running shoes.

2013-09-09 8:04 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN
I was having trouble viewing this thread properly on my phone so I had to open up the Macbook instead. Which of course was low on battery so I had to dig out the charging cord. Then to top it all off, my wife hadn't logged out of BT, so I had to do it then log myself in. I didn't realize that until halfway through typing this post. FML.
2013-09-09 8:17 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by moondawg14

There was a kid at work who told me:  "You're like a 20 year old stuck in a 40 year old body." 

We would have been separated in school.
2013-09-09 8:21 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by jmk-brooklynI don't really like the way my new $100+ running shoes feel, so now I just wear them for walking around and I had to get a new pair of different $100+running shoes.
No doubt. Good one.
2013-09-09 8:23 PM

User image

Master
Beijing
Originally posted by moondawg14

We would have been separated in school.

Repeatedly.

2013-09-11 3:25 AM

User image

Master
Beijing

Today is my "car restriction day." So, I had to take the bus instead of having my driver pick me up and take me to work.

On top of that, I forgot my bus card, so I had to pay 16 cents instead of 7 cents to ride the bus.

2013-09-11 5:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I think a 7 cents vs 16 cents is a third world problem.

I don't know what world this problem belongs to, but it's my world.....A massage lady comes to my house once a week and does a traditional pressure point massage for $8. The aforementioned cat loves her and tries to participate in said massage, constantly jumping on the bed and stretching out beside me. She's a cat person and lately several minutes of the massage, despite my protests, have been going to the cat instead of me. He hasn't made any financial contribution to the massage cost and instead expects me not only to finance his massage, but also search the city for litter and bring in food from overseas.

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-09-11 5:10 AM
2013-09-17 8:37 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Candy Crush on my iPhone5 won't synch with the one on my PC without hitting refresh...twice!
2013-09-17 9:02 PM
in reply to: pga_mike

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

My Coach purse kept sliding off my shoulder until I realized that it was because the material from my IMAZ finisher jacket was too slippery and I had to then juggle holding my umbrella in one hand, Starbucks coffee in the other while I took off my jacket so my Coach purse wouldn't slip any more. 

2013-09-17 9:39 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
My Di2 battery only holds its charge for about 280 miles or 6 days, so I had to take my wife's.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  

of 14

RELATED POSTS

real world problems

Started by LJR
Views: 919 Posts: 1

2008-09-26 1:32 PM LJR

Disney World tickets, best place to buy

Started by JoeR
Views: 1073 Posts: 7

2008-03-10 4:18 PM JoeR

World's first eyeball tattoo

Started by krludwig
Views: 1552 Posts: 16

2008-03-04 4:18 PM ranger5oh

Best place in the World??? Pages: 1 2

Started by jbillfsu
Views: 2484 Posts: 26

2007-08-28 10:31 AM nighthawk

the good people in the world...

Started by autumn
Views: 1589 Posts: 15

2005-05-18 4:38 PM Tania
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : April 9, 2010
author : Zen Master
comments : 24
All I can think about is, "How can I swim in this?" I can't sleep. I think I made a big mistake. I'm filling my head with fear and doubt. What made me think I could run a triathlon?
date : May 19, 2008
author : peteo
comments : 0
Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!

date : January 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My symptoms have been present off and on for almost two years. Is this a surgical problem, or should I just keep managing it for as long as I can?
date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?

date : July 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems