Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2014-03-19 9:33 AM
in reply to: Dolcezza

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Gimmie your "best" first world problems
Originally posted by Dolcezza

Originally posted by SWFLFATGUY

Originally posted by mdg2003

Originally posted by SWFLFATGUY

Got a new job with a HUGE Raise and sign on bonus .... now I can't possibly spend it all and there is still so much after I pay all my bills it's becoming an inconvenience just to count what is left over each month ....

You never heard of strippers and blow?

Sure .... have them on my new 81 Viking Sportfish all the time ..... still can't run out of money .....

Can I send you my acct number.... I am not a stripper, but I could probably swing it once if the price was right

• .. support your single moms, one dollar at a time!

• I think this would be tax deductible. Smart too, judging from her avatar! Face it, you'll eventually need all the money you can get hands on since you opted for the strippers, blow AND FREAKING SHIP. Only way I can think of whizzing away cash any faster would be if you decided you needed a jet.

2014-03-20 11:52 AM
    in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Regular
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do it's "lite beer".
    2014-03-21 10:22 AM
    in reply to: switch

User image

Master
    Rio Rancho, NM

A retired friend of mine posted this morning on FB that her neighbor's lawn service woke her at 7:30 by starting the mower and that it wasn't a great way to start the weekend.  Because I, like most of the working world, was getting ready to head out to work I laughed and posted a response saying "retired people problems". Of course, I immediately thought of this thread.

2014-03-21 10:36 AM
    in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

Originally posted by rrrunner

A retired friend of mine posted this morning on FB that her neighbor's lawn service woke her at 7:30 by starting the mower and that it wasn't a great way to start the weekend.  Because I, like most of the working world, was getting ready to head out to work I laughed and posted a response saying "retired people problems". Of course, I immediately thought of this thread.

This is quite good :

It reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom the other day.

She and my step-dad just got two labradoodles.  She was explaining to me that now my step-dad was looking at a new car--a four door, for the dogs. (My step-dad is 83 and just bought a new BMW 2-door convertible last year).  I said, well, you have a four door car, can't you just use that when you need to transport them.  Her response, well that's not the car he wants to drive when we're in Phoenix (they winter there). I just laughed and said, "He wants a new car. He doesn't need to justify it. He should go get whatever he wants."

Now this is where it gets good.

Her: "Elesa, it's his one true pleasure.  He loves cars."

I almost severed my tongue.  Right. Right. It's soooooooooooo tough.  The wine, cigars, great booze, vacations, ball games, books, awesome food, etc.

Retiree problems indeed!

2014-03-21 10:48 AM
    in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
    Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by rrrunner

I live in the mother land of these people. You can't get into the grocery store at 10:00 am on a Saturday because they are all there. Really folks?!? All week long to shop and this is when you do it?!?!

2014-03-21 10:50 AM
    in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
    Englewood, Florida

One of my 6 guitars is getting fixed. I won't have it back for 2-3 months. Waaaa, woe is me.

2014-03-21 10:55 AM

User image

Master
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Bronze member
    My country club is extending its winter hours (only open Thur - Sun) for another month. Woe is me Tue and Wed until May!
    2014-03-21 11:18 AM
    in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

It's spring break here, and my favorite pool (the one 400yds from where I work) is closed ALL WEEK.  Now I have to walk a half-mile to the other one, which is also a little chilly at first.  :(

2014-03-21 11:36 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    Ran, out of Nutella! I had to have toast with jelly on it after my morning workout.

Edited by rick4657 2014-03-21 11:36 AM
    2014-03-21 12:31 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY
    I ran into a good one today:

In my old office, the phone cord stretched from my desk to the office door, so I could stand up and shut the door mid-phone-call. My new office is so big that I can't reach the door without putting the phone down. So if a phone conversation turns confidential, I have to stop the person, put the phone down, get up and shut the door, and then sit back down and resume the call.

I guess I could yell for my assistant and have her come down the hall and shut the door for me, but I dunno, that doesn't seem right.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2014-03-21 12:32 PM
    2014-03-21 1:46 PM
    in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Expert
    Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

The country club that I belong to forgot to take the bacon off of my Grilled Tuna Club sandwhich today. 

It's Friday.  During Lent.  Such a travesty.

2014-03-21 2:07 PM

User image

Regular
    LHOTP
    Originally posted by jmk-brooklynI ran into a good one today:In my old office, the phone cord stretched from my desk to the office door, so I could stand up and shut the door mid-phone-call. My new office is so big that I can't reach the door without putting the phone down. So if a phone conversation turns confidential, I have to stop the person, put the phone down, get up and shut the door, and then sit back down and resume the call. I guess I could yell for my assistant and have her come down the hall and shut the door for me, but I dunno, that doesn't seem right.
    This is a good one. But in all seriousness, how about a cordless? Save that assistant for important things like coffee and dry cleaning.
    2014-03-21 3:50 PM

User image

Master
    Oceanside, California
    Garmin dead, needed to use RunKeeper on phone.
    2014-03-24 1:30 PM

User image

Champion
    Dallas, TX

Originally posted by switch
    Originally posted by jmk-brooklynI ran into a good one today:In my old office, the phone cord stretched from my desk to the office door, so I could stand up and shut the door mid-phone-call. My new office is so big that I can't reach the door without putting the phone down. So if a phone conversation turns confidential, I have to stop the person, put the phone down, get up and shut the door, and then sit back down and resume the call. I guess I could yell for my assistant and have her come down the hall and shut the door for me, but I dunno, that doesn't seem right.
    This is a good one. But in all seriousness, how about a cordless? Save that assistant for important things like coffee and dry cleaning.

Cordless headset. Problem solved. And you don't even have to use any energy holding the phone receiver to your head. 

2014-03-24 2:10 PM

User image

Queen BTich
    I needed to be online exactly at 11am to register for a race when it opened. This was to be during a several hour layover. Sitting on the plane to leave, we have a mechanical and have to get off the plane. There goes my layover and opportunity to be online. Then there is no wifi on the flight. Ack! Thankfully, friends registered us (barely), but got it done. First world stress!

Edited by Comet 2014-03-24 2:11 PM
    2014-03-24 3:17 PM
    in reply to: Comet

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

Originally posted by Comet I needed to be online exactly at 11am to register for a race when it opened. This was to be during a several hour layover. Sitting on the plane to leave, we have a mechanical and have to get off the plane. There goes my layover and opportunity to be online. Then there is no wifi on the flight. Ack! Thankfully, friends registered us (barely), but got it done. First world stress!

Ohh, this is a very, very good one :)

2014-03-24 7:03 PM

User image

Queen BTich

Originally posted by Comet I needed to be online exactly at 11am to register for a race when it opened. This was to be during a several hour layover. Sitting on the plane to leave, we have a mechanical and have to get off the plane. There goes my layover and opportunity to be online. Then there is no wifi on the flight. Ack! Thankfully, friends registered us (barely), but got it done. First world stress!

Ohh, this is a very, very good one

I was worried the whole 2 hours because I had no way of knowing if I got in or not! It was awful!
    2014-03-24 7:29 PM
    in reply to: Comet

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

Originally posted by Comet

Ohh, this is a very, very good one :)

I was worried the whole 2 hours because I had no way of knowing if I got in or not! It was awful!

I'm laughing--at you and with you!  I've totally been in a sign-up situation like that :)

2014-03-24 9:01 PM

User image

Queen BTich

Originally posted by Comet

Ohh, this is a very, very good one

I'm laughing--at you and with you!  I've totally been in a sign-up situation like that

Ha. You can laugh, it's ok! It was a very serious situation. Also laughable is having a friend who had NO interest in the race (but his wife did) frantically calling to see if we got in and he didn't know if he needed to try, etc. What a clusterF.

2014-03-25 4:21 PM
    in reply to: KSH

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY
    Originally posted by KSH

Cordless headset. Problem solved. And you don't even have to use any energy holding the phone receiver to your head. 

I guess...but then I have to be "headset guy". You all know "headset guy", right?
    2014-03-25 4:22 PM

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
    Originally posted by KSH

I guess...but then I have to be "headset guy". You all know "headset guy", right?

Yes, which is why I recommended cordless.

2014-03-25 7:59 PM

User image

Master
    Eugene, Oregon
    Bronze member
    Okay, I spent the weekend in the first world so now I can report a first world problem--I had to search half of Singapore to find a plain old Timex Ironman watch that does nothing but time your workouts. Almost everything in the stores had GPS and/or heart rate monitor and/or connected to computers, bike computers, etc. etc. And when I finally found it, the only women's model available (the men's was too big for my wrist) was bubble gum pink! It's really not "me", but I needed the watch, so I got it for only about 150% of the US price.

Plus, I could only find one tube of my favorite Nuun flavor (lemon-lime) so I had to try some new ones. Happy to report that Cherry Limeade is quite nice.

Edited by Hot Runner 2014-03-25 8:00 PM
    2014-03-25 8:40 PM
    in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Hot Runner Okay, I spent the weekend in the first world so now I can report a first world problem--I had to search half of Singapore to find a plain old Timex Ironman watch that does nothing but time your workouts. Almost everything in the stores had GPS and/or heart rate monitor and/or connected to computers, bike computers, etc. etc. And when I finally found it, the only women's model available (the men's was too big for my wrist) was bubble gum pink! It's really not "me", but I needed the watch, so I got it for only about 150% of the US price. Plus, I could only find one tube of my favorite Nuun flavor (lemon-lime) so I had to try some new ones. Happy to report that Cherry Limeade is quite nice.

Why don't you make a list of those kinds of things that you want that are REALLY easy for us to get?  I'd round them up and ship them to you, and I'm sure others would too.  It's the age of paypal......we can do it.

2014-03-25 10:07 PM
    in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
    Eugene, Oregon
    Bronze member
    Thanks, but then what would be my excuse for a shopping weekend in Singapore?!
    2014-03-25 10:17 PM
    in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Hot Runner Thanks, but then what would be my excuse for a shopping weekend in Singapore?!

I don't need one.....they can't even find jetliners over there.

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Gimmie your "best" first world problems Rss Feed  

of 14

RELATED POSTS

real world problems

Started by LJR
    Views: 919 Posts: 1

2008-09-26 1:32 PM LJR

Disney World tickets, best place to buy

Started by JoeR
    Views: 1073 Posts: 7

2008-03-10 4:18 PM JoeR

World's first eyeball tattoo

Started by krludwig
    Views: 1551 Posts: 16

2008-03-04 4:18 PM ranger5oh

Best place in the World??? Pages: 1 2

Started by jbillfsu
    Views: 2481 Posts: 26

2007-08-28 10:31 AM nighthawk

the good people in the world...

Started by autumn
    Views: 1588 Posts: 15

2005-05-18 4:38 PM Tania
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : December 31, 2011
    author : alicefoeller
    comments : 2
    For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : April 9, 2010
    author : Zen Master
    comments : 24
    All I can think about is, "How can I swim in this?" I can't sleep. I think I made a big mistake. I'm filling my head with fear and doubt. What made me think I could run a triathlon?
    date : May 19, 2008
    author : peteo
    comments : 0
    Well it is mid-life crisis time. I could get a mistress but I still think my wife is hot. Or I can abuse my body like I was still 19. Triathlon world here I come!!

date : January 16, 2008
    author : AMSSM
    comments : 1
    My symptoms have been present off and on for almost two years. Is this a surgical problem, or should I just keep managing it for as long as I can?
    date : December 19, 2007
    author : Tri Swim Coach
    comments : 2
    My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : December 11, 2007
    author : Nancy Clark
    comments : 1
    Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.
    date : October 11, 2007
    author : Tri Swim Coach
    I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?

date : July 17, 2005
    author : AMSSM
    Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems