General Discussion Triathlon Talk » most oblivious girl ever (locker room rant) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-09-06 8:09 AM
in reply to: blbriley

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro
Subject: RE: most oblivious girl ever (locker room rant)
Originally posted by blbriley

Originally posted by skysos I've read peoples' stories about weird locker room behavior on here before, but I never had a story to contribute until today! I came in from the pool and a girl was sitting right in front of my locker, earbuds in, head down, and texting. There's about, maybe, a foot or foot and half of space between her knees and my locker. So I walked up to my locker and figured she'd slide further down the bench when she saw me. Nope. Didn't budge. I opened my locker and pulled out my towel and started drying off (was planning to run, then shower after that). Still, she's not getting the hint...just sitting there smack in front of my locker, not moving except for her fingers. Hmm. This was getting awkward. Obviously changing in view of total strangers is the norm in the locker room, but I draw the line when another person's face, and camera phone, are literally 6 inches from my butt. I briefly considered (not seriously) "accidentally" squeezing out my hair all over her, ha. So instead I said, very politely, "hey, would you mind texting somewhere else please? I need to change and I'd like to have a little more room. Thanks.". She looked up at me with a completely blank expression, mumbled "sorry" and sauntered off. And that was that. So weird though. By the way, the ENTIRE rest of the locker room was empty.

What if you read this?

I've read peoples' stories about weird locker room behavior on here before, but I never had a story to contribute until today!

I was working out on the treadmill when I got an emergency text from my mother.  The only time I wear my headphones is when I'm on the treadmill since wearing them outside is so dangerous.  I left the treadmill and went to the locker room to allow another person to use the equipment.  I read the text "Your father's been in a bad accident, they're taking him to surgery, call me ASAP".  I thought I was going to pass out, the whole room was spinning.  I sat down on the first bench I could find.  My mom had also left a voice mail asking me to get in touch with my brothers, I was listening to that through my headphones and I started texting my brothers to let them know, when I realize that there was this soaking wet lady just standing next to me.  I was in total shock, I have no idea how long this person was standing there when she says "hey, would you mind texting somewhere else please? I need to change and I'd like to have a little more room. Thanks."  I think I managed to mumble "sorry" as I walked out.

Hypothetical, but how about cutting other people some slack.

Yea, that is much more likely then she's just an oblivious text obsessed teen.  

Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances? 
Mary: Not good. 
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred? 
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million. 
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!* 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » most oblivious girl ever (locker room rant) Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Locker room rant! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by dblack1801
Views: 4852 Posts: 72

2009-04-12 2:33 PM Dr. McNinja

on the topic of locker rooms/sandals... Pages: 1 2

Started by newbie13
Views: 2413 Posts: 30

2008-02-14 5:23 PM tkbslc

Your stuff & the locker room floor... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by froglegs
Views: 3302 Posts: 51

2008-02-15 3:06 PM froglegs

GRRRR Locker room break-in...sort of

Started by cobannero
Views: 1140 Posts: 11

2005-02-23 5:13 PM Lara

Locker Room Blues

Started by kanoelani
Views: 1743 Posts: 15

2005-01-06 12:15 AM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.
date : October 2, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 0
My first reaction to wearing a skirt while running was, “are you crazy?” I am no girly girl. I then tried one of the newest skirts from Nicole DeBoom’s TRIKS line and I can tell you I’m hooked.

date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
comments : 0
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.