United States
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 04m 4s
Overall Rank = 39/255
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 9/26
Event warmup:

I never really get into much of a warm up. Just get my transition set up and I was able to get in the water for a few minutes and swam out to the first buoy
Swim
  • 06m 57s
  • 440 yards
  • 01m 35s / 100 yards
Comments:

The course was set up as a triangle. We started wide right, swam out to a point and back. I think the way out was a little longer or I started too wide because coming home felt a lot quicker. This was certainly the most aggressive I've been in the water. I was at the front of the pack as we took off into the water, I did one dolphin dive and then started swimming. There was one break away group and I felt like I was at the head of the peloton chasing them. I was pushing pretty hard and hit a touch of panic right around the turn around. I fought off the urge to flip on my back. I felt like I was starting to gasp a little bit, but it passed and I went pretty solid back home, probably with a touch more ease. I did push at the end to pass someone because he was pinning me against the buoys. I hit two of them with my arm coming in so I had to get by him.
Transition 1
  • 02m 18s
Comments:

Running up the beach, around the restrooms and into transition in the parking lot.
Bike
  • 29m 21s
  • 10.2 miles
  • 20.85 mile/hr
Comments:

This is supposed to be a 10.2 mile course, but my watch shows it at more like 10.4 which give me a 21.2mph average. This is billed as a "pancake flat" course, but I don't agree. There are certainly some gradual inclines. The thing I would say about this race is that I really felt like I was putting a lot into the bike and not getting much back out. I don't know if it was the heat or what, but I felt like I was in slow motion sometimes. I was talking to a guy in transition afterwards and we looked at his Garmin for the course profile and it is more like a hump with 190 feet in change of elevation. He said that is probably getting pretty close to being called a rolling course. Either way, if I can go 20mph or more I won't complain too much.
Transition 2
  • 01m 38s
Comments:

Pretty non eventful transition. I did drop my sunglasses coming into transition, but the person behind me grabbed them and got them to me. Thanks!
Run
  • 23m 50s
  • 3.2 kms
  • 07m 27s  min/km
Comments:

This is officially a 7:27 pace, but the course is long. Everyone says it is actually a 3.25 mile course which is right about what my watch has. That would give me a very slightly better 7:22 pace. I can give excuses if you like. It was hot and humid. I did get those side cramps again, not sure what is up with that either. I didn't really get my legs back until about 1 mile in or so but I just didn't have it. I remember seeing the 1 mile marker and I couldn't believe it. It felt like forever. I think I just have to dig a little deeper on these runs.
What would you do differently?:

Got get better running off the bike
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing felt better than wading into the lake post race. It felt 10 degrees cooler than pre race and amazing!

Last updated: 2013-09-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:57 | 440 yards | 01m 35s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/26
Overall: 26/255
Performance: Good
Suit: Xterra sleeveless
Course: Triangular. Out to a point and back. Lenape Lake
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:18
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:29:21 | 10.2 miles | 20.85 mile/hr
Overall: 51/255
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Billed as flat and fast, but I don't think so. It's more of a hump and the climb is not nothing.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:38
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:23:50 | 03.2 kms | 07m 27s  min/km
Overall: 34/255
Performance: Average
Course: This part of the course was flat. A nice fire hydrant spraying water at the turn around.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-09-10 2:25 PM

User image

Cherry Hill, NJ
Subject: Lake Lenape Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Lenape Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lake Lenape Triathlon

Started by Zekeh
Views: 1633 Posts: 1

2007-07-15 5:47 AM Zekeh

Lake Lenape Triathlon

Started by Zekeh
Views: 2236 Posts: 4

2006-07-10 11:18 AM TRIBMAC

Lake Lenape Triathlon

Started by dare2trimom
Views: 1665 Posts: 6

2006-07-09 6:37 AM kleinrider

Lake Lenape Triathlon

Started by mattwilley
Views: 1871 Posts: 6

2006-07-09 6:41 AM kleinrider

Lake Lenape Triathlon

Started by stevenrh
Views: 1111 Posts: 2

2004-07-13 12:16 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2012
author : dilletaunt
comments : 5
Another year, another excuse in missing the Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens triathlon.

date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.
date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?

date : February 5, 2010
author : CavalloHJ
comments : 5
I found a sprint, the Lake Las Vegas Triathlon, that was happening four months down the road and signed myself up; much to the surprise of friends and family.
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
comments : 2
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.