General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fat% management: apps and books Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-11 1:10 PM

User image

Subject: fat% management: apps and books
For this off-season I really want to stress diet and weight management (well more that I need to loos fat % not wieght). I have tried to do some dieting in the past but my biggest problem is a good app for it.

This is my main problem: I make everything from scratch (minus mustard and katchup). The DB of the apps that I have used mainly consist of packaged foods or approximations of raw foods. Like a 'medium' banana. What the heck is a medium banana - that has such a huge varience!
Addiontally, when you enter in something of your own, you need to enter all the nutritional data as well, which I don't know.

I'm looking for an app that:
has a complete DB
has nutritional values incorporated
not so overly technical that I need to weigh and measure every proton and electron of food. (some is ok)

Perhaps Its less of a app problem but more a lack of education problem when evaluateing food and entering the data.

I liked Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald. Any other recommended weight oriented reading that is good?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has employeed Matt Fitzgerald's plan of Daily-Quality-Score instead of calorie counting. How do you like or dislike it compared to standard calorie counting?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by LPJmom 2013-09-11 1:12 PM

2013-10-06 8:35 AM
in reply to: LPJmom

Subject: RE: fat% management: apps and books
I prefer www.myfitnesspal.com

you can weight foods or use standard portions
2013-10-07 7:03 AM
in reply to: LPJmom

User image

I kinda geek out and do the nutrition analysis online...if you google recipe analyzer (or something liek that) - you can find some sites - then copy and paste the recipe in and it will give you dietary values per serving size - it takes some work, but I typically do all mine on the weekend, then its ready for the upcoming week
2013-10-24 7:36 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

I think online method is a good thing to learn about health and fitness. There are so many sites and there is lot of stuff available on internet about workout and fitness so if someone needs any help about weight loss then just contact with us and join our boot camp.

Edited by Ricky100 2013-10-24 7:37 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fat% management: apps and books Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Iphone Apps

Started by jjhall
Views: 2084 Posts: 10

2010-05-02 3:31 PM burnettbunch

Antidepressants and weight management

Started by UrsusAdiposimus
Views: 1692 Posts: 5

2008-08-01 9:37 AM ChicagoMan65

anyone read Lyle McDonalds "Rapid Fat Loss" book??

Started by G-Moose
Views: 1150 Posts: 1

2008-06-13 9:15 AM G-Moose

Fat-burning zone and why it is not the best way to burn fat

Started by sunburnt
Views: 1063 Posts: 3

2007-01-22 7:16 PM sunburnt

The book "Slow Fat Triathlete"

Started by kristenc
Views: 1760 Posts: 17

2006-08-10 3:17 PM StandsWithFist
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 7, 2013
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
As an athlete, you are unlikely obese, but you may have concerns about your weight or have relatives who struggle with their weight.

date : December 22, 2011
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
Where to find the time WITHOUT getting up early
date : October 31, 2011
Resources you can trust to improve your endurance sport diet

date : June 11, 2007
author : mike hall
comments : 4
I finally bit the bullet and asked my doctor if there could be another reason to my lack of success in weight management. I did not like his answer.
date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.

date : January 29, 2006
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : July 17, 2005
author : chrisandniki
“Too bad there’s not anything like this for triathletes.” There are a million books and articles on how to train. One of the toughest parts of triathlon training is how to fit them into everyday life.

date : February 13, 2005
author : Glenn
Without a doubt, we begin to notice patterns in our training performances. We notice when our good and bad days repeat themselves in our logbook.