General Discussion Triathlon Talk » If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-12 2:26 PM

Subject: If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose?
I recently have come to love bikes and everything about them from upgrades, style, etc.

My question that I wanted to pose: Is if money were not an issue, which TT bike would you ride?

I current am on a Felt B16, and would defintely choose the Felt IA FRD

http://www.feltbicycles.com/Resources/ProductPhotos/LargeBikes/IAFR...

Would love to hear other people's opinions...

2013-09-12 2:41 PM
in reply to: rizz923

User image

Subject: RE: If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose?

The sexiest bikes to me are the BMC TM01 and the new Orbea Ordu.  But those are UCI legal bikes, so probably not the fastest for tris.  I'd probably end up going with the P5 just because I already own a P2.

That said, if money truely was not an issue, I'd hire an expert to build a bike custom for me.  EVERYTHING custom and everything tested in the wind tunnel. 

Frame built up to my exact stack and reach numbers
Saddle molded to fit my butt perfectly
Custom bars/extensions with molded grips/pads to fit my hands/forearms
All the accessories would be custom to minimize drag given the configuration of my bike and my position.  Everything from hydration, additional storage, garmin mount, etc.
Custom paint job

2013-09-12 2:47 PM
in reply to: rizz923

User image

St Catharines, Ontario
Subject: RE: If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The I am not taking my bike to my LSB again Tread

Started by tvmendoza
Views: 3054 Posts: 24

2012-10-14 9:35 PM jobaxas

Climbing issue on TT bike

Started by jlefko1824
Views: 4073 Posts: 15

2010-03-07 11:00 PM golfer17

Bike Trainer Issue...Maybe Not

Started by pitbullzz
Views: 790 Posts: 5

2010-03-01 2:13 AM tri808

If Money was not an Obstacle Pages: 1 2

Started by titeloops
Views: 1506 Posts: 27

2009-09-05 7:46 PM supa-powa

Yet another "Help me choose a Tri/TT bike thread"

Started by JZig
Views: 1873 Posts: 17

2009-06-26 1:30 AM agarose2000
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?
date : June 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Coach AJ
So when it comes to triathlon, the largest investment we make, in both terms, comes in the bike. Looking at ways to get faster, while considering a budget, is a bind for most triathletes.