General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pain Weenie ?- How much does it hurt to have your knee drained Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-16 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Pain Weenie ?- How much does it hurt to have your knee drained
Okay, I am kind of a wimp when it comes to needle and MD office pain (bad IV experience where they fished around for the vein with needle in arm)

How much does it hurt to have your knee drained, and did it help heal your knee faster? If I had my knee drained today, would I be 100% to race on the 29th?

Thanks

2013-09-16 8:43 PM
in reply to: spjon25

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Pain Weenie ?- How much does it hurt to have your knee drained
I have had my knee drained several times in the past and many years ago, but have never had any races or competitions of any sort in a short time frame following the draining. What I do remember was that it was a big- needle, the original poke was a pain, but the second the cocktail sauce was out of my knee, It felt like a million bucks. I want to say, I was back to playing some basketball and volleyball within a couple of days
2013-09-16 9:18 PM
in reply to: spjon25

User image

Regular
SF Bay area
Subject: RE: Pain Weenie ?- How much does it hurt to have your knee drained

I've never had my knee drained but did have to have a cortisone injection into it.  Doctor used a spray on local anesthetic and I did not feel a thing as the needle went in, just some pressure when he injected the med.  These guys are good, so go for it!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pain Weenie ?- How much does it hurt to have your knee drained Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Knee Pain from doing nothing

Started by arcee52
Views: 2620 Posts: 5

2013-05-04 8:08 AM arcee52

Butt pain coincide with knee pain?

Started by smiletodayok
Views: 1545 Posts: 6

2012-12-18 1:58 AM smiletodayok

To drain or not to drain?

Started by cwpeters
Views: 1008 Posts: 5

2011-02-28 7:50 AM mrbbrad

knee pain - left knee, right side

Started by jcdenton2000
Views: 3333 Posts: 3

2008-01-20 12:14 AM badnews

First Tri and having knee pains

Started by gj50
Views: 626 Posts: 2

2004-07-20 11:20 PM Casey Shaw
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?

date : May 21, 2010
comments : 2
Woke up at 7am and physically could not walk. Pain was shooting in my knee (almost dropped me to my knees). Later I went to my sports doc. He could not simulate the pain whatsoever.
date : December 28, 2009
I have a very annoying pain under my knee cap. It does not hurt when I run or ride. It hurts a lot when I swim and when I walk up or down stairs. The pain is a searing pain. Help!

date : December 19, 2008
I just completed my first Ironman season and I was free of injuries. I am now just messing around when I run at a fast pace (for me), I get a shooting pain in my right knee.
date : August 12, 2008
After about 45-60 minutes of generally light jogging I am getting shooting pain in the left side of the knee under the patella.

date : July 15, 2008
comments : 2
So lately when I run after about 3 miles I get a nasty pain on the outside of my knee area. I have been assuming it is IT band syndrome? What can I do to help this?
date : October 3, 2007
The symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, recovery and prevention of iliotibial band syndrome caused by excessive friction of the distal portion of the iliotibial band during activities like running.

date : January 16, 2007
The long runs, before your training was up to speed, likely started-up some overuse injury. Inflammation occurred in the front part of your knee where the extensor mechanism of your knee functions.