Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NFL thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-17 9:07 AM

User image

Elite
Boise
Subject: NFL thread
Well week 2 is in the books. There are some surprising teams out there right now.

Good surprises
KC
Buffalo
Tennessee
Arizona
New Orleans Defense
Chicago
Miami
Oakland (I thought they had a real chance at 0-16)

Bad suprises
Pittsburgh (man they look like they jumped off a cliff)
NFC East
AFC North (2-6, 0-4 outside their division)
Josh Freeman
New England Offense
Jacksonville (I don't know if that really is a surprise though)

2013-09-17 9:28 AM
in reply to: JoshR

User image

Veteran
Berkley
Subject: RE: NFL thread
And some teams that are the same.... DETROIT LIONS!
2013-09-17 9:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Colorful Colorado
Broncos-Bears in the Superbowl. You heard it here first...
2013-09-17 10:03 AM
in reply to: rockymtnhigh

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by rockymtnhigh

Broncos-Bears in the Superbowl. You heard it here first...

The bears have squeaked out two wins at home. I don't think they even win the North. It wouldn't shock me even if they miss the playoffs.
2013-09-17 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Cowboys....Super Bowl Bound.

2013-09-17 10:13 AM

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Century Link field is without a doubt the best home field advantage in the sport. 136 dB is past the threshold for pain. That is ridiculous.

Seattle defense looked beastly, but the noise definitely helped in that regard. They were getting off the ball faster than the 49ers who couldn't hear a snap count. I don't see anyone beating them there this year.

That said, Richard Sherman needs to shut his yapper.
"“There are a lot of pundits and ignorant idiots who thought, ‘Oh, the Seahawks are gonna lose this game.’ Well, please, please don’t doubt us again. Every time you doubt us, you look stupid.”

The Seahawks were 3-5 on the road last year and I currently have the same number of career playoff victories as Sherman. I would say that there has been reason to doubt them. They are going to be in the conversation at the end of the season, but save that kind of bravado for when you have something more than a Week 2 home win.

2013-09-17 10:43 AM
in reply to: uclamatt2007

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by uclamatt2007

Century Link field is without a doubt the best home field advantage in the sport. 136 dB is past the threshold for pain. That is ridiculous.

Seattle defense looked beastly, but the noise definitely helped in that regard. They were getting off the ball faster than the 49ers who couldn't hear a snap count. I don't see anyone beating them there this year.

That said, Richard Sherman needs to shut his yapper.
"“There are a lot of pundits and ignorant idiots who thought, ‘Oh, the Seahawks are gonna lose this game.’ Well, please, please don’t doubt us again. Every time you doubt us, you look stupid.”

The Seahawks were 3-5 on the road last year and I currently have the same number of career playoff victories as Sherman. I would say that there has been reason to doubt them. They are going to be in the conversation at the end of the season, but save that kind of bravado for when you have something more than a Week 2 home win.

Sherman has 1 playoff win, so I'm not sure what that's about unless you were an NFL player and never told us. Sherman does run his mouth a ton,but I feel like he backs it up pretty well. I'm sure it would be more annoying to me if he were on another team. He is one of those guys that thrives on disrespect though, so he goes out to try and provoke people to disrespect him.

I think people aren't giving our defense enough credit. We were missing 3 starters (4 in the panthers game with Avril out too) who are set to return here in the next 2-3 weeks. Our two best pass rushers didn't play (Clemons/Irvin) and our other starting corner(Browner) was out as well. I think this could be one of those all time defenses.

Our road schedule is brutal this year. It's almost like the schedule makers WANT SF to win the division. 5 10am games on the east coast. Seattle's road schedule HOU, ATL, IND, SF, NYG, STL, ARI, CAR. SF road schedule STL, ARI, SEA, TEN, JAX, NO, WAS, TB. 2 10am games, except one is in London against the worst team in the league. In spite of all that, I think we win the division and secure home field this year though.

2013-09-17 10:50 AM

User image

Pro
My Eagles are doing exactly what I expected. All offense, no defense. Almost at 1000 yards total offense and they are 1-1. It's going to be a frustrating year watching them score 30+ points a game and lose.
2013-09-17 11:07 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Elite
Go Broncos.
2013-09-17 11:14 AM

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Originally posted by JoshR

Sherman has 1 playoff win, so I'm not sure what that's about unless you were an NFL player and never told us. Sherman does run his mouth a ton,but I feel like he backs it up pretty well. I'm sure it would be more annoying to me if he were on another team. He is one of those guys that thrives on disrespect though, so he goes out to try and provoke people to disrespect him.

I think people aren't giving our defense enough credit. We were missing 3 starters (4 in the panthers game with Avril out too) who are set to return here in the next 2-3 weeks. Our two best pass rushers didn't play (Clemons/Irvin) and our other starting corner(Browner) was out as well. I think this could be one of those all time defenses.

Our road schedule is brutal this year. It's almost like the schedule makers WANT SF to win the division. 5 10am games on the east coast. Seattle's road schedule HOU, ATL, IND, SF, NYG, STL, ARI, CAR. SF road schedule STL, ARI, SEA, TEN, JAX, NO, WAS, TB. 2 10am games, except one is in London against the worst team in the league. In spite of all that, I think we win the division and secure home field this year though.

Bah, for some reason I had it in my head that they played the falcons in the first round last year, not the second.

If you are going to look at the injury issue, the 49ers were missing their #1 and #3 receivers coming into the game, and lost their NT(for the season) and FS in the first half.

It will be a good battle this season. The division is going to come down to Seattle's ability to win on the road.

Now it's time to focus on the beatdown Boise it going to get Friday night.
2013-09-17 11:25 AM
in reply to: uclamatt2007

User image

Elite
Boise

Bah, for some reason I had it in my head that they played the falcons in the first round last year, not the second.

If you are going to look at the injury issue, the 49ers were missing their #1 and #3 receivers coming into the game, and lost their NT(for the season) and FS in the first half.

It will be a good battle this season. The division is going to come down to Seattle's ability to win on the road.

Now it's time to focus on the beatdown Boise it going to get Friday night.

We are also missing Percy and our LT left after the 1st quarter I didn't even get into the BS ref calls in the first half either.

I am excited for Friday. We will find out for what this BSU team is made of. I expect them to lose one of BYU/Fresno games though.

2013-09-17 11:27 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by powerman Go Broncos.

No team has scored over 40 yet EXCEPT Denver, who did it in both games!

It's good to be a Bronco fan again! 

Well, it's always good, but now it's fantastic.  I'm not trying to think about the not too distant future when we have to rebuild again.  But Elway wants to win, so I think he will bust his butt to build solid teams.  Plus Osweiler showed some stuff in preseason that impressed me.

2013-09-17 11:33 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by powerman Go Broncos.

No team has scored over 40 yet EXCEPT Denver, who did it in both games!

It's good to be a Bronco fan again! 

Well, it's always good, but now it's fantastic.  I'm not trying to think about the not too distant future when we have to rebuild again.  But Elway wants to win, so I think he will bust his butt to build solid teams.  Plus Osweiler showed some stuff in preseason that impressed me.

I hope my fellow BSU alum Clady isn't injured too bad. He's an awesome guy and a great LT. If he is I'd worry about that O-line. It will almost be as bad as Seattle's!
2013-09-17 1:37 PM

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

Originally posted by JoshR Sherman has 1 playoff win, so I'm not sure what that's about unless you were an NFL player and never told us. Sherman does run his mouth a ton,but I feel like he backs it up pretty well. I'm sure it would be more annoying to me if he were on another team. He is one of those guys that thrives on disrespect though, so he goes out to try and provoke people to disrespect him. I think people aren't giving our defense enough credit. We were missing 3 starters (4 in the panthers game with Avril out too) who are set to return here in the next 2-3 weeks. Our two best pass rushers didn't play (Clemons/Irvin) and our other starting corner(Browner) was out as well. I think this could be one of those all time defenses. Our road schedule is brutal this year. It's almost like the schedule makers WANT SF to win the division. 5 10am games on the east coast. Seattle's road schedule HOU, ATL, IND, SF, NYG, STL, ARI, CAR. SF road schedule STL, ARI, SEA, TEN, JAX, NO, WAS, TB. 2 10am games, except one is in London against the worst team in the league. In spite of all that, I think we win the division and secure home field this year though.
Bah, for some reason I had it in my head that they played the falcons in the first round last year, not the second. If you are going to look at the injury issue, the 49ers were missing their #1 and #3 receivers coming into the game, and lost their NT(for the season) and FS in the first half. It will be a good battle this season. The division is going to come down to Seattle's ability to win on the road. Now it's time to focus on the beatdown Boise it going to get Friday night.
We are also missing Percy and our LT left after the 1st quarter I didn't even get into the BS ref calls in the first half either. I am excited for Friday. We will find out for what this BSU team is made of. I expect them to lose one of BYU/Fresno games though.

I thought was already established for this season

(UW-logo-20011.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
UW-logo-20011.jpg (7KB - 5 downloads)
2013-09-17 1:54 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Originally posted by bradleyd3 Cowboys....Super Bowl Bound.

*looking for the sarcasm font*

2013-09-17 2:04 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by zed707

Originally posted by JoshR Sherman has 1 playoff win, so I'm not sure what that's about unless you were an NFL player and never told us. Sherman does run his mouth a ton,but I feel like he backs it up pretty well. I'm sure it would be more annoying to me if he were on another team. He is one of those guys that thrives on disrespect though, so he goes out to try and provoke people to disrespect him. I think people aren't giving our defense enough credit. We were missing 3 starters (4 in the panthers game with Avril out too) who are set to return here in the next 2-3 weeks. Our two best pass rushers didn't play (Clemons/Irvin) and our other starting corner(Browner) was out as well. I think this could be one of those all time defenses. Our road schedule is brutal this year. It's almost like the schedule makers WANT SF to win the division. 5 10am games on the east coast. Seattle's road schedule HOU, ATL, IND, SF, NYG, STL, ARI, CAR. SF road schedule STL, ARI, SEA, TEN, JAX, NO, WAS, TB. 2 10am games, except one is in London against the worst team in the league. In spite of all that, I think we win the division and secure home field this year though.
Bah, for some reason I had it in my head that they played the falcons in the first round last year, not the second. If you are going to look at the injury issue, the 49ers were missing their #1 and #3 receivers coming into the game, and lost their NT(for the season) and FS in the first half. It will be a good battle this season. The division is going to come down to Seattle's ability to win on the road. Now it's time to focus on the beatdown Boise it going to get Friday night.
We are also missing Percy and our LT left after the 1st quarter I didn't even get into the BS ref calls in the first half either. I am excited for Friday. We will find out for what this BSU team is made of. I expect them to lose one of BYU/Fresno games though.

I thought was already established for this season

Don't worry I grew up in Kent and was raised a Husky.

2013-09-17 2:55 PM

User image

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly My Eagles are doing exactly what I expected. All offense, no defense. Almost at 1000 yards total offense and they are 1-1. It's going to be a frustrating year watching them score 30+ points a game and lose.

What's the over/under on how many games Vick lasts?  Or McCoy/Jackson for that matter?  This system will never work in the NFL over the course of a season and my guess is that their days of 30+ points are numbered.

Chip Kelly could get away with it at Oregon because they only play 13 games (only more recently 14 games with the PAC12 championship) over the course of 21 weeks.  And in 5-6 of those games, his starting skill players are on the bench for most of the 4th quarter because it's a blow out.  He also had the luxury of 85 scholarship players (as well as quality walk ons) as compared to a 53 man roster.  In the NFL, if you want to make the playoffs, you're going to play 17 games (assuming you only play one game in the playoffs) in 18 weeks.  Possibly up to 20 games in 22 weeks if you make it to the SB as a wild card.  That's not even including the pre season.  Hits are bigger in the NFL, and RARELY do you ever get the chance to bench your starters because of a blow out.

It's not like we're talking about Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson in this offense.  Guys big enough to not only absorb hits, but dish them out.  All of Philly's skill players are either average or below average in size. 

2013-09-17 3:07 PM
in reply to: 1stTimeTri

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
Originally posted by 1stTimeTri

i'm pretty sure he meant they have their tickets already, seats in the upper level end zone.
2013-09-17 3:12 PM
in reply to: the bear

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by the bear

i'm pretty sure he meant they have their tickets already, seats in the upper level end zone.

What do you call 52 people watching the Super Bowl?

The Cowboys.

Cowboys are tied for the Division lead, they lost by 1 point to the Chiefs (who are a pretty good team), and they have to peak at the right time (like the past SB winners have).

This is the year, folks.......

2013-09-17 3:17 PM

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by bradleyd3

The Cowboys.

Cowboys are tied for the Division lead, they lost by 1 point to the Chiefs (who are a pretty good team), and they have to peak at the right time (like the past SB winners have).

I can buy Dallas winning the NFC East by virtue of the crappy teams in the division. I can't buy them winning a 1st rd playoff game against one of SF/ATL/SEA/NO (my picks for the wild card slots depending on division champs)
2013-09-17 3:21 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Originally posted by bradleyd3

The Cowboys.

I can buy Dallas winning the NFC East by virtue of the crappy teams in the division. I can't buy them winning a 1st rd playoff game against one of SF/ATL/SEA/NO (my picks for the wild card slots depending on division champs)

Remember....we have Romo....he'll get us there, then falter.

It's a sad state when a particular out of work QB, named Timmy, has more playoff wins than Romo.

2013-09-17 4:03 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I really wanted the cowgirls to beat KC.  But nope.  So of all teams KANSAS CITY is tied with the broncos for first!  Can't last though.  You don't get to play Jacksonville and Dallas every weekend.

2013-09-18 5:57 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly My Eagles are doing exactly what I expected. All offense, no defense. Almost at 1000 yards total offense and they are 1-1. It's going to be a frustrating year watching them score 30+ points a game and lose.

What's the over/under on how many games Vick lasts?  Or McCoy/Jackson for that matter?  This system will never work in the NFL over the course of a season and my guess is that their days of 30+ points are numbered.

Chip Kelly could get away with it at Oregon because they only play 13 games (only more recently 14 games with the PAC12 championship) over the course of 21 weeks.  And in 5-6 of those games, his starting skill players are on the bench for most of the 4th quarter because it's a blow out.  He also had the luxury of 85 scholarship players (as well as quality walk ons) as compared to a 53 man roster.  In the NFL, if you want to make the playoffs, you're going to play 17 games (assuming you only play one game in the playoffs) in 18 weeks.  Possibly up to 20 games in 22 weeks if you make it to the SB as a wild card.  That's not even including the pre season.  Hits are bigger in the NFL, and RARELY do you ever get the chance to bench your starters because of a blow out.

It's not like we're talking about Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson in this offense.  Guys big enough to not only absorb hits, but dish them out.  All of Philly's skill players are either average or below average in size. 

The offensive line is better this year, and I think the quick plays Chip calls will help. I'm not a Vick hater either, I really do think he's trying hard to put his past behind him. So 10 games just because I also believe in unicorns

2013-09-18 6:19 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Dear sweet baby-freaking-Jeebus, my Browns are officially tanking.

What a train wreck. They just need to move this team, again.

2013-09-18 7:58 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Originally posted by cgregg

Dear sweet baby-freaking-Jeebus, my Browns are officially tanking.

What a train wreck. They just need to move this team, again.

Hmm, trading a #3 pick for what will likely be something around a 20th pick. It makes no sense. You would think that they would at least pick up a 3rd or 4th to go with it.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NFL thread Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

2013 NFL Offseason Thread Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by JoshR
Views: 6702 Posts: 134

2013-07-22 1:37 PM JoshR

No NFL lockout thread? Pages: 1 2

Started by crowny2
Views: 1659 Posts: 37

2011-03-17 9:20 AM Bmel