General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Comet Trail Biker Missing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-26 8:39 AM

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta, GA
Subject: Silver Comet Trail Biker Missing
I woke this morning to hear the news that a local biker was last seen on the Comet yesterday around 1 p.m. The Smryna police and her family found her van still parked at the trail head and so far haven't found the biker. What immediately came to my mind is - abduction. I am a female and often train on the trail alone, and this story has me scared to be out training alone. So far there is no evidence of an abduction but I can't help but assume it is, especially after the jogger a few weeks ago reported an attempted abduction on the trail. I hate that there doesn't seem to be a safe place for people, but esp. women, to exercise and enjoy themselves without fear of being attacked or abducted.

I guess I better wise up a bit and try to find some training partners to help lessen my fear of training alone. I have such an odd training schedule due to working, being a mom and a wife, so it always seems easier for me to train alone and whenever I can sneak a workout in. I'm probably going to have to rethink that I'm safe on the trail when out there alone!

Anyone else touched by this story and concerned about their own training habits?

Edited by 1111 2006-07-26 8:47 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Comet Trail Biker Missing Rss Feed