Originally posted by cdban66
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by Asalzwed
Originally posted by r3dey3

Originally posted by r3dey3 Went with and as well as a grab bag one. Should be a fun season next year

Why do I have the feeling that the black tie is for something a little more special than a tri race?

We're gonna pick a silly sprint (not that sprints are silly, just that this one would be), where we can meet up, wear our favorite silly suit, and get silly.  It's on.

Mon/Betty/BEBG is in.  I bet she can get Tony to wear the Borat suit.  I'm feelin it.

R3, looks like you're in Ohio.  If we pick a heartland deal, will you try to make it?  I want to see the sparkly.

As long as it doesn't conflict with IM Lake Placid or Syracuse 70.3, I'll try to be there. Anything within a 6-8 hour drive is game

We may have to do a "meeting wizard" or something to see when it will work in people's schedules.

Who would like to try to make this happen? 

So far:

Switch

Salty (Yes, I'm putting you down)

Betty

Tony (Yes, I'm putting you down too)

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Shoot, I feel like I'm missing someone, but if I am, don't take it personally.  I haven't slept in a couple days.

Anyone is welcome, but you'll be extra welcome if you commit to a silly suit, with bonus points for glitter in T1

I may have to get "Switch" emblazoned on my butt. 

Holy off-season stir crazy Batman!

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

That's all you have to say?

Where's the excitement? Where's the love?

Damn, woman.

Listen, it doesn't mean you'd be coming out of tri retirement.  The whole thing would be one big joke.  The other race participants have no idea how awesome it will be to have our group of nut jobs descend upon their race.  We can't mess up anyone's race with our goofiness now (pfft...no one walk backwards into the guy kickin' it at the finish line, ok?), but we can look goofy and make people smile and have a good training day.   

Really, if we were smart about it, we'd see which RD would put out the highest bid for our presence.

You're such a girl naaaah don't mistake my hmmm for lack of enthusiasm. I'm just pondering logistics. What time frame is the "off season?" See, us runners don't know what those are I'll be east in April. Is that too late?

Dang, it may be too early.

Speedos. Bikinis. April.  Brrrr.

We need to figure out logistics.

I just tried trifind, but couldn't find chit for 2014.

I'm thinking midwest for two reasons:

1) It's central

2) Lots of people who responded to this thread saying they would wear the sillyness and do the race are midwesterns.  Why? Cause wedon'tgiveafach and we like to have a good time. 

Yeah, you may want to consider temperature on this, it may matter to someone as they exit the water...

Oh no - SHRINKAGE!  (I mean the speedo, of course)

I'm in for a midwest race if it's within striking distance of Cleveland or Indianapolis.  He11, maybe no matter where.  

Although, on reviewing these sartorial offerings, my wife offered to run with me in a race if I DIDN'T wear one.  Tongue out  The kids call me the "hairy human primate" for a reason (well, for several reasons, actually - but those are longer stories).

I think I could get her on board if I offer to wear body glitter.  The negotiations continue...

Carry on.

Matt

2013-09-27 9:26 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Subject: RE: Would you or wouldn't you?
No way for me. I'll stick with the trisuit. My wife hates it that I swim laps in a "regular" speedo - even though she is never there at the indoor pool where I swim! I feel comfortable wearing a speedo for swimming (or on a boat), but make it a dark color. I'll take a pass on the above.
2013-09-27 9:35 AM
in reply to: jbrookscga78

User image

Originally posted by jbrookscga78

No way for me. I'll stick with the trisuit. My wife hates it that I swim laps in a "regular" speedo - even though she is never there at the indoor pool where I swim! I feel comfortable wearing a speedo for swimming (or on a boat), but make it a dark color. I'll take a pass on the above.

So based on the photos it looks like the lighter color ones have a dark liner, so not nearly as risque as it would appear
2013-09-27 9:42 AM
in reply to: r3dey3

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jbrookscga78 No way for me. I'll stick with the trisuit. My wife hates it that I swim laps in a "regular" speedo - even though she is never there at the indoor pool where I swim! I feel comfortable wearing a speedo for swimming (or on a boat), but make it a dark color. I'll take a pass on the above.
So based on the photos it looks like the lighter color ones have a dark liner, so not nearly as risque as it would appear

Risque or risky???

2013-09-27 9:54 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Regular
LHOTP

OK.

A few thoughts for discussion:

What if we did this next fall somewhere in the southern midwest (KC, St. Louis, Louisville, ...).  I'm shooting for close to an airport that services lots of direct flights. 

I'm actually wondering if it might be fun to do it the same weekend as Kona, and then have a Kona after-party.  I don't think that rules any of us out this year...

Though maybe that's a terrible idea...I just don't want to hold it early in the season (cold) or in season (cuz it's IN SEASON and I got my game face on yo).

Throw suggestions out people.

2013-09-27 10:12 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

OK.

What if we did this next fall somewhere in the southern midwest (KC, St. Louis, Louisville, ...).  I'm shooting for close to an airport that services lots of direct flights. 

I'm actually wondering if it might be fun to do it the same weekend as Kona, and then have a Kona after-party.  I don't think that rules any of us out this year...

Though maybe that's a terrible idea...I just don't want to hold it early in the season (cold) or in season (cuz it's IN SEASON and I got my game face on yo).

That sounds like a great plan! Though depending on where, you might end up with the same problem as early season - cold.
Any of those locations would work for me. Based on this years races, the latest we'll find is end of September.

2013-09-27 10:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

I'm tempted by these:

2013-09-27 10:16 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

OK.

That sounds like a great plan! Though depending on where, you might end up with the same problem as early season - cold. Any of those locations would work for me. Based on this years races, the latest we'll find is end of September.

Yeah, it could be pretty cold in those places the second week in October.  It would have to be somewhere in the south if we were gonna tie it to a Kona party.  Phoenix? Florida? Te-has?

I'd rather not do California.  It would be too depressing to leave.

2013-09-27 10:18 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by msteiner

I'm tempted by these:

I like them both, but I'm partial to "Da Bomb". It suits you.

Sooooooo, you're in?

2013-09-27 10:21 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

BTW, I'd like to strongly discourage tri bikes for the event.  Let's keep it real, now.

2013-09-27 10:23 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Originally posted by msteiner

I'm tempted by these:

I like them both, but I'm partial to "Da Bomb". It suits you.

Sooooooo, you're in?

Possibly depending on where and when.

2013-09-27 10:53 AM

User image

BTW, I'd like to strongly discourage tri bikes for the event.  Let's keep it real, now.

If you're gonna discourage tri-bikes, than anywhere in the US works for me; I'll just buy a cheap fixie at the destination.
2013-09-27 10:57 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Yes, that was part of the rationale.

Though I will also be doing "serious for real" tris in something silly next season (sometimes, anyway), I'd like this race to be about fun.  I don't want to meet up with a bunch of BTers and be all worried about having to kick their azzes. (<---let's get the smack talk rolling, huh?)

2013-09-27 11:06 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I totally want this... it looks like it's got a mini keg in the front - PERFECT!!

Also, I think we should have a TUB of glitter in transition to apply after the swim, and then re-apply as needed after the bike. 

FYI - can we pretty, pretty please have the race NOT coincide with IMChoo?  Please?

2013-09-27 11:07 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I totally want this... it looks like it's got a mini keg in the front - PERFECT!!

Also, I think we should have a TUB of glitter in transition to apply after the swim, and then re-apply as needed after the bike. 

FYI - can we pretty, pretty please have the race NOT coincide with IMChoo?  Please?

Yes and yes
2013-09-27 11:20 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Though I will also be doing "serious for real" tris in something silly next season (sometimes, anyway), I'd like this race to be about fun.  I don't want to meet up with a bunch of BTers and be all worried about having to kick their azzes. (

I'm intrigued, put me on the "maybe" list!  It's a maybe just in case I end up as a host for a small growing being.  Or said being has already arrived.

I can totally make KC work...hubby goes there once a month for work so I can probably tie it in and get free travel/lodging.  Though somewhere like SoFla sounds more appealing.

2013-09-27 11:31 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

2013-09-27 11:31 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Utah
This is freakin awesome! I want to know, where do you get the Wonder Woman suit!?!

Best thread ever! You learn so much about people by their swim suit choices.

Yes, I would do any of the female versions!
2013-09-27 12:03 PM
in reply to: KatieLimb

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I would suggest the Life's a Beach triathlon. They had 3 different venues this year.

http://www.lifesabeachtriathlon.com/index.php

Last year I "raced" against a couple that had him towing her on a life raft with an inflated palm tree while she drank a frozen something or other. It didn't bother her much, since they rode a tandem bike and she just sat on the back. Did I mention he wore a loincloth? Another cool feature, you do your own body marking. The ladies parked next to us had calves that read "36 and single", "37 with baggage" and the third stated "36 & on meds". If you want a serious race, this may not be the venue for you.

2013-09-27 12:04 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by noelle1230

Though I will also be doing "serious for real" tris in something silly next season (sometimes, anyway), I'd like this race to be about fun.  I don't want to meet up with a bunch of BTers and be all worried about having to kick their azzes. (

I'm intrigued, put me on the "maybe" list!  It's a maybe just in case I end up as a host for a small growing being.  Or said being has already arrived.

I can totally make KC work...hubby goes there once a month for work so I can probably tie it in and get free travel/lodging.  Though somewhere like SoFla sounds more appealing.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Edited by cdban66 2013-09-27 12:04 PM
2013-09-27 12:17 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I would suggest the Life's a Beach triathlon. They had 3 different venues this year.

http://www.lifesabeachtriathlon.com/index.php

Last year I "raced" against a couple that had him towing her on a life raft with an inflated palm tree while she drank a frozen something or other. It didn't bother her much, since they rode a tandem bike and she just sat on the back. Did I mention he wore a loincloth? Another cool feature, you do your own body marking. The ladies parked next to us had calves that read "36 and single", "37 with baggage" and the third stated "36 & on meds". If you want a serious race, this may not be the venue for you.

Well that certainly has all kinds of possibilities.

I'm thinking if it's at an event dedicated to it though, we'll lose out on the "shock and awe" of any serious racers.  I imagine part of the fun is rolling up in transition and racking your banana seat next to some 10K bike.

Though I need to stress, we can not interfere with real racers.  We'll have threads in BT and ST cursing us and giving us all kinds of bad racing mojo, and I don't need that shyte.

2013-09-27 12:35 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Been loosely following this thread and wanted to chime in that unfortunately KC doesn't have very many options late in the season. There's a mid-August race in Jackson County and Midwest Meltdown in late August but September races are virtually nonexistent. 

2013-09-27 12:47 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by lisac957

Been loosely following this thread and wanted to chime in that unfortunately KC doesn't have very many options late in the season. There's a mid-August race in Jackson County and Midwest Meltdown in late August but September races are virtually nonexistent. 

Thanks Lisa :)

I'm kinda pulling to have it after the main tri season, but maybe I'll have to let the Kona party component go.  I probably want to be alone in my basement on the trainer for that anyway;)

Edited by switch 2013-09-27 12:50 PM
2013-09-27 12:48 PM
in reply to: KatieLimb

User image

Pro

Originally posted by KatieLimb This is freakin awesome! I want to know, where do you get the Wonder Woman suit!?! Best thread ever! You learn so much about people by their swim suit choices. Yes, I would do any of the female versions!

www.splish.com. It's called Awesome Girl.

2013-09-27 1:03 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa Chris....read again...I said "just in case"....we're pondering giving it ol' college try but nothing is growing in there yet LaughingLaughing

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Would you or wouldn't you? Rss Feed  

of 5