Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (spoiler alert) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-26 9:12 AM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (spoiler alert)

Thoughts on the first episode?

Let down?  Met expectations? 

Opportunity for B-list villans and heros to start making appearances in the future? 

Maybe even an occassional cameo by the Avengers cast?

What about Coulson?  Life Model Decoy?  Clone?

Edited by crowny2 2013-09-26 9:14 AM

2013-09-26 9:24 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Subject: RE: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (spoiler alert)
Originally posted by crowny2

Opportunity for B-list villans and heros to start making appearances in the future? 

Met expectations....maybe even exceeded in some area's. I like the fact they are showing the "behind the scenes" of SHIELD. The agents, the technology, etc.

Heard that Nick Fury will pop in....and I'm hoping that they'll have an Avenger or two.

Torn on Coulson....I'm thinking robot.

Love the comedy aspect to it too....like the scene where Coulson walks in for the first time with the use of "dramatic lighting" then says "I think a bulbs out".

And....being a Firefly fan....got giddy when Book appeared as the doctor. Hope he's in more episodes.

2013-09-26 9:34 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Champion
Originally posted by bradleyd3

Met expectations....maybe even exceeded in some area's. I like the fact they are showing the "behind the scenes" of SHIELD. The agents, the technology, etc. Heard that Nick Fury will pop in....and I'm hoping that they'll have an Avenger or two. Torn on Coulson....I'm thinking robot. Love the comedy aspect to it too....like the scene where Coulson walks in for the first time with the use of "dramatic lighting" then says "I think a bulbs out". And....being a Firefly fan....got giddy when Book appeared as the doctor. Hope he's in more episodes.

I've heard a few things.

1. Life Model Decoy/clone

2. Cyborg

3. Scarlet Witch brought him back to life.  Remember, in the comics, Scarlet Witch was a cellist and at least for Hawkeye she brought him back to life.  Granted, that was in a different timeline so that one would be quite the stretch.  BUT it would be the opportunity to introduce her and Whedon said that she would be in Avengers 2.  And what about Vision.  Could he actually be Vision?  In the future? 

Yes, I'm geeking out a bit. 

2013-09-26 10:51 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, so I'm not up to speed on everything Marvel Comics and Avengers, but I've seen almost all of the movies, spin-off movies, and will most likely see all of the upcoming ones

As far as the TV show went, I liked it!  I liked it for the entertainment value, for getting to see the 'inner workings' of SHIELD (I'm not putting in the dots, that's just too much work), and that there will be some cool toys/sci-fi geekiness going on. 

As far as Coulson... I'm going with Fury calling him dead was a cover-up of some sort.  For what reason, I don't know... but I'm going with NOT a robot or a clone. 

2013-09-26 10:57 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Okay, so I'm not up to speed on everything Marvel Comics and Avengers, but I've seen almost all of the movies, spin-off movies, and will most likely see all of the upcoming ones

As far as the TV show went, I liked it!  I liked it for the entertainment value, for getting to see the 'inner workings' of SHIELD (I'm not putting in the dots, that's just too much work), and that there will be some cool toys/sci-fi geekiness going on. 

As far as Coulson... I'm going with Fury calling him dead was a cover-up of some sort.  For what reason, I don't know... but I'm going with NOT a robot or a clone. 

Then how do you explain Ron Glass' Dr. Streiten quietly says, "Tahiti. He really doesn't know, does he?" To which Hill responds, "He can never know."

2013-09-26 11:03 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Then how do you explain Ron Glass' Dr. Streiten quietly says, "Tahiti. He really doesn't know, does he?" To which Hill responds, "He can never know."

Stop being all logical with me when I've already forgotten important plot points!! 

2013-09-26 3:22 PM

User image

Champion

Stop being all logical with me when I've already forgotten important plot points!! 

Snerk.  Yeah, like I said, I'm geeking out a bit. 

2013-09-26 3:31 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Maybe he was just in a really deep coma and while in Tahiti they GAVE him super powers of some sort?  Huh?  What about that???  Tongue out

2013-09-27 6:50 AM

User image

Regular

Maybe he was just in a really deep coma and while in Tahiti they GAVE him super powers of some sort?  Huh?  What about that???  Tongue out

My guess is that Tahiti was haven and he was brought back from the dead. Josh Weldon has a habit for doing that type of thing. (Does anyone remember Buffy?)
2013-09-27 8:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I caught that not so subtle comment as well. I'm thinking clone.
2013-09-27 10:26 AM
in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Champion

Originally posted by jmcconne
Originally posted by crowny2 Then how do you explain Ron Glass' Dr. Streiten quietly says, "Tahiti. He really doesn't know, does he?" To which Hill responds, "He can never know."
I caught that not so subtle comment as well. I'm thinking clone.

Yeah.  There's a few fan sites that are debating the bejeesus out of that one statement.  I think there are up to 5 theories now.

2013-09-29 10:34 PM

New user
Coulson kept saying that Tahiti was "magical. You should go."
2013-10-02 11:06 AM
in reply to: moogley

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Last night when the woman (sorry, don't recall her name) said something about a mid-life crisis he mumbled something about "more like after life"
2013-11-13 7:47 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colson mentioned magical again yesterday. I'm thinking he spent some time in Asgard or maybe even Valhalla.
2013-11-13 10:06 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by jmcconne Colson mentioned magical again yesterday. I'm thinking he spent some time in Asgard or maybe even Valhalla.

Or the Scarlet Witch?

And what's up with the comment from May?  Did she also have a near death experience? 

2013-11-13 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

We saw Thor over the weekend, which included previews of Cap'n America 2, so the theories are abound at our house!

2013-11-14 12:40 PM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by jmcconne Colson mentioned magical again yesterday. I'm thinking he spent some time in Asgard or maybe even Valhalla.

Finally got around to seeing this week's episode.  The way he said it.  He caught himself saying it "automatically" and realizing how it just came out of him.  VERY interesting.  I'm now leaning to the droid/clone side of things and he is becoming more self-aware.

2013-11-15 7:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Or the Scarlet Witch?

I believe she'll be in the next Avengers so it is possible.
2013-11-15 8:26 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by jmcconne

Or the Scarlet Witch?

I believe she'll be in the next Avengers so it is possible.

I'm not convinced anymore.  Not with the way he reacted this week to saying "magical". There are so many possibilities. 

Got a good giggle out of Skye saying he was "rusty".  Heh.  Hint maybe?

2013-11-21 10:19 AM

User image

Champion

Interesting end to the show this week. Anyone catch it?  Thoughts?

2014-10-29 12:57 PM

User image

Champion

Anyone watching season 2?  I can't stop.  Like how they started.  Gutted with the Fitz situation at first but liking how it resolved itself just in time for Simmons to return.

2014-10-29 4:27 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Anyone watching season 2?  I can't stop.  Like how they started.  Gutted with the Fitz situation at first but liking how it resolved itself just in time for Simmons to return.

I haven't had cable until last week so I can FiNALLY get caught up!  But not tonight, tonight I'm watching Birdman.   

2014-10-31 12:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm in...  Usually if I start a series, I finish it out...  BUT, I think a lot of the shows I like seem to lose something after a couple season.  Maybe because nothing seems to ever get resolved??? 

I think a lot of series on cable seem to at least resolve something at the end of each season (Dexter, The Wire, Strike Back, Boardwalk Empire, etc) but the network shows never seem to conclude ANYTHING it seems.  I know they need to keep people excited about next season, but I get tired of no closure.

SHIELD, Sleepy Hollow, and a couple other shows I have gotten a bit bored with but just good enough to keep me recording them.  Unlike Heroes, where I simply tapped out and had enough.

I do like the Black List a lot.  Each show is it's own story that get's resolved but they have a bigger story strung out through it. 

I have episodes of Gotham and The Nick saved up to see if they are any good.

ETA:  I DO like how they have references and guest appearances from the movies so it's like the movie world and TV world are all in sync.

Edited by Kido 2014-10-31 12:25 PM
2014-10-31 3:35 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
, California

Originally posted by Kido

I'm in...  Usually if I start a series, I finish it out...  BUT, I think a lot of the shows I like seem to lose something after a couple season.  Maybe because nothing seems to ever get resolved??? 

I think a lot of series on cable seem to at least resolve something at the end of each season (Dexter, The Wire, Strike Back, Boardwalk Empire, etc) but the network shows never seem to conclude ANYTHING it seems.  I know they need to keep people excited about next season, but I get tired of no closure.

SHIELD, Sleepy Hollow, and a couple other shows I have gotten a bit bored with but just good enough to keep me recording them.  Unlike Heroes, where I simply tapped out and had enough.

I do like the Black List a lot.  Each show is it's own story that get's resolved but they have a bigger story strung out through it. 

I have episodes of Gotham and The Nick saved up to see if they are any good.

ETA:  I DO like how they have references and guest appearances from the movies so it's like the movie world and TV world are all in sync.

Heroes had two big problems.  One was that they didn't plan ahead after season 1.  The writing became terrible and they weren't thinking ahead long-term.  They were just chasing ratings every episode.  The other problem is that they made some of their characters too powerful.  That just created all kinds of plot issues.

Edited by spudone 2014-10-31 3:35 PM
2014-10-31 4:36 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by spudone

Heroes had two big problems.  One was that they didn't plan ahead after season 1.  The writing became terrible and they weren't thinking ahead long-term.  They were just chasing ratings every episode.  The other problem is that they made some of their characters too powerful.  That just created all kinds of plot issues.

I also think the "plot twist" was overused to an extreme.

I mean, Silar, a GREAT bad guy in season 1 turned good, then bad, then good, then bad.  Then the girl that was bad, then good, then bad, due to the split personalities or what have you.  Maybe the same thing you are talking about.  Every show then wanted to end it with yet another plot twist or switch of allegiances to surprise/shock people, but it also made following it next to impossible and you couldn't "trust" anyone or any kind of stability in some the characters.  In most shows, bad people are usually bad, but may show a good side once in a while.  In that show?  I kept asking, are they good or bad today and whose side are they on this minute.  First season was SO good and man, it went downhill FAST to be canceled after three season or something.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (spoiler alert) Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

2nd Season of Dollhouse (MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!)

Started by Tripolar
Views: 572 Posts: 3

2009-08-28 12:47 PM colesdad

College Football --**SPOILER ALERT**** Pages: 1 2

Started by Gaarryy
Views: 1687 Posts: 36

2009-08-25 7:41 PM trishie

BSG - SPOILER ALERT!

Started by dave699
Views: 1257 Posts: 18

2009-01-24 8:51 PM tikicult

Spoiler Alert Alerts

Started by jimbo
Views: 784 Posts: 7

2008-08-17 1:25 AM BellinghamSpence

24 10:00-11:00 pm (SPOILER ALERT)

Started by ADollar79
Views: 595 Posts: 13

2007-04-11 8:42 AM parrj
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 11, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 2
It may seem simple, but too many athletes get hurt during the season. We all need to stay safe while we share the roads. Here are some reminders to remain alert to our surroundings.