General Discussion Triathlon Talk » looking for a road bike, need advice. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-30 7:44 AM

Subject: looking for a road bike, need advice.
So I started on a road bike. An old raleigh r800. Well I really got into triathlons and traded in the road bike for a dedicated tri bike. Now I find that I not only miss the road bike but I cant ride with groups or even enter certain rides with my tri bike.

I had extremely good experience with Trek customer service with my mountain bike, so I am leaning towards a trek. I havebeen looking at the domane but found that a 2012 madone is also in my budget. I would like to keep it under $1300.00 but I have room to wiggle. I have no quams buying used. I never intend to be a competetive cyclist. I just want a good road bike for century plus and hill climbs.

Any input would be great.

Thanks adam.

2013-10-03 12:32 PM
in reply to: tryingtotri0321

User image

Extreme Veteran
St Johns, Florida
Subject: RE: looking for a road bike, need advice.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » looking for a road bike, need advice. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Need advice for Fueling for Century Rides

Started by strykergt
Views: 1301 Posts: 4

2013-08-09 3:21 PM dpg31

New Bike Purchase, Need help with sizing advice

Started by kilgoretrout
Views: 883 Posts: 2

2013-05-13 6:46 AM Leegoocrap

Need advice - Felt F1 frame

Started by Synon
Views: 1584 Posts: 5

2013-02-13 12:54 PM PeterAK

Looking to upgrade road bike ... need some "professional" advice ...

Started by BigPaulD
Views: 2318 Posts: 5

2012-01-13 12:24 PM BigPaulD

An example of the difference between a TT bike and a Road bike (Time Trial comparison)

Started by Leegoocrap
Views: 6420 Posts: 3

2010-08-05 7:52 AM Leegoocrap
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.

date : March 6, 2007
author : sportfactory
Bike upgrades to gain speed: better wheelsets, a tri-bike, road bike with aerobars, even getting rid of those love handles before getting that lighter bike.
date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.