in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: What would you do?
Originally posted by Left Brain
Originally posted by jford2309

Here's a news account that says the UC officer was "pounding" on the rear window.....doesn't say anything about the window being broken by him.  Maybe he was yelling for the driver to get the hell out of there.  Maybe not.  I'd be more interested to hear why the officer came forward and how "undercover" he was....that's a better part of the story.  I'd like to know if he was compelled because he did something wrong that someone knows about, or if he just figured his "cover" didn't matter and it was the right thing....or he felt guilty because he was involved in a criminal way.  There's alot to consider that the media goofs don't worry about getting right.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/08/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Well I am sure that in your LE experience, you would agree that the first time someone tells their story, it will definately change by the 2nd and 3rd go around. No one ever gets the true story on the first interview. Maybe we can agree on that??

No, I would not agree with that.  Some stories never change.....especially when the truth is told.  What we don't know is if the Officer's story has changed or if the story to the media from "leaks" has changed.  If you want to say that the media's story definately changes by the 2nd or 3rd time I would agree with that.  And "leaks" to the media are the most unreliable of all.

The truth is the truth, it never changes if that's your "story".

2013-10-08 5:40 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Wind Lake WI
Breaking my car window and threatening  my family, if unprovoked, would result in a 9mm response. I'm glad I live in a state that supports concealed carry. 
2013-10-08 5:42 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jford2309 OK, I give up!  LOL I am done!

Let me ask you.  How in the world do you know that the Officer didn't come in and tell the absolute truth about everything and is now the best witness, and the person who has identified everyone that was involved? 

From what you've posted you think that the different stories coming out in the media are the result of the officer changing HIS story?  LOL indeed......and it's good that you are done, because all you are doing is speculating based on what the media is reporting from "sources".  IME that's a pretty slippery slope and usually clouds the idea of finding out what the truth actually is.

2013-10-08 10:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Here's a news account that says the UC officer was "pounding" on the rear window.....doesn't say anything about the window being broken by him.  Maybe he was yelling for the driver to get the hell out of there.  Maybe not.  I'd be more interested to hear why the officer came forward and how "undercover" he was....that's a better part of the story.  I'd like to know if he was compelled because he did something wrong that someone knows about, or if he just figured his "cover" didn't matter and it was the right thing....or he felt guilty because he was involved in a criminal way.  There's alot to consider that the media goofs don't worry about getting right.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/08/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Well I am sure that in your LE experience, you would agree that the first time someone tells their story, it will definately change by the 2nd and 3rd go around. No one ever gets the true story on the first interview. Maybe we can agree on that??

No, I would not agree with that.  Some stories never change.....especially when the truth is told.  What we don't know is if the Officer's story has changed or if the story to the media from "leaks" has changed.  If you want to say that the media's story definately changes by the 2nd or 3rd time I would agree with that.  And "leaks" to the media are the most unreliable of all.

The truth is the truth, it never changes if that's your "story".

Bingo. There is only one truth. And right now, us sitting on the side lines have no clue what that is. 

I have faith that the UC officer knew this was going to be a big deal, and he acted the best he could. I don't know if threed days was appropriate, or if in fact he contacted his superiors sooner than that. IDK.

Edited by powerman 2013-10-08 11:11 PM
2013-10-09 8:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Let me ask you.  How in the world do you know that the Officer didn't come in and tell the absolute truth about everything and is now the best witness, and the person who has identified everyone that was involved? 

From what you've posted you think that the different stories coming out in the media are the result of the officer changing HIS story?  LOL indeed......and it's good that you are done, because all you are doing is speculating based on what the media is reporting from "sources".  IME that's a pretty slippery slope and usually clouds the idea of finding out what the truth actually is.

Because reports are now that that UC officer is being arrested. I am just going off the information that is out there. LOL

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20870446-undercover-cop-seen-on-video-attacking-suv-is-charged?chromedomain=insidedateline?lite

And my post had nothing to do with media reports but from knowing that sometimes it takes time to get the truth. Peopla tend to leave things out of their stories the first time they tell it, the second time they go over it you find out more things than you did the first time until finally you get the whole story (truth).

Edited by jford2309 2013-10-09 8:42 AM
2013-10-09 9:31 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro

Because reports are now that that UC officer is being arrested. I am just going off the information that is out there. LOL

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20870446-undercover-cop-seen-on-video-attacking-suv-is-charged?chromedomain=insidedateline?lite

And my post had nothing to do with media reports but from knowing that sometimes it takes time to get the truth. Peopla tend to leave things out of their stories the first time they tell it, the second time they go over it you find out more things than you did the first time until finally you get the whole story (truth).

And my experience is that sometimes is takes NO time to get the truth.....especially from people who know damn well they are going to be interviewed about their actions.  And no, you aren't just going by what's out there, you are forming opinions on what the Officer(s) should have done based on "what's out there". (go back and read your previous post about whether or not they should have called)  That's a bad idea until the dust settles.

I have no problem with the Officer being arrested.....but I have no idea about any of the details, and neither do you.....and from all of the conflicting accounts I've read, neither does the media.  My biggest issue has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the media and the way they spin, and put up information that may or may not be reliable, and cause people to jump to conclusions.  If you want to jump on that circus train that is your business......I'm not having anything to do with it.

2013-10-09 9:44 AM

User image

Pro

Last night at about 11 Foxnews.com was reporting that the Officer had been arrested for "bashing out the back windown" of the SUV.  This morning they are reporting that he was arrested for "punching an already damaged back window and kicking the vehicle twice".  Yeah, it makes a difference in what the charge would be.

Like I said.....I'm fine with him being arrested.....I'm almost never fine with the reporting of these things....or the people who follow along blindly and decide what happened or should happen based on the reporting.  The media has a complete disregard for getting it right as these stories break.

2013-10-09 10:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Last night at about 11 Foxnews.com was reporting that the Officer had been arrested for "bashing out the back windown" of the SUV.  This morning they are reporting that he was arrested for "punching an already damaged back window and kicking the vehicle twice".  Yeah, it makes a difference in what the charge would be.

Like I said.....I'm fine with him being arrested.....I'm almost never fine with the reporting of these things....or the people who follow along blindly and decide what happened or should happen based on the reporting.  The media has a complete disregard for getting it right as these stories break.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a great story!

2013-10-09 10:06 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

And my experience is that sometimes is takes NO time to get the truth.....especially from people who know damn well they are going to be interviewed about their actions.  And no, you aren't just going by what's out there, you are forming opinions on what the Officer(s) should have done based on "what's out there". (go back and read your previous post about whether or not they should have called)  That's a bad idea until the dust settles.

I have no problem with the Officer being arrested.....but I have no idea about any of the details, and neither do you.....and from all of the conflicting accounts I've read, neither does the media.  My biggest issue has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the media and the way they spin, and put up information that may or may not be reliable, and cause people to jump to conclusions.  If you want to jump on that circus train that is your business......I'm not having anything to do with it.

You know, I had an idea like that once, a long time ago.  It was a "jump to conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor and it would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » What would you do? Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : December 24, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on indoor cycling drills such as one legged drills and power intervals. Also we discuss how many half Ironman races should be done before your first full Ironman.
date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"