General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carbs and heart health Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-07 5:08 PM

Expert
Golden, CO
Subject: Carbs and heart health
I must have had my head up my butt..I just did a ton of research..ever since the doc told me my arteries are not the most pristine that he has ever seen and suggested I become a vegetarian..and found out that simple carbs can be as bad or possibly worse for heart disease as saturated fats.  I guess its a good thing to read a book or article once in a while.  Why can't they run this information during commercials on cartoon network...

2013-10-08 11:34 AM
in reply to: jdbadger

User image

Expert
Detroit, MI. Kinda.
Subject: RE: Carbs and heart health
True story...that simple carb stuff will kill you. I've also recently heard that some are beginning to refer to dementia/Alzheimer's as type 3 diabetes because of ever-increasing evidence that it is related to simple carb consumption. Makes sense...if diabetics lose entire limbs due to poor blood flow, why should we think sugar wouldn't cause similar damage to brain and arteries?
2013-10-17 9:00 AM
in reply to: jdbadger

User image

Kenmore, Washington
Saturated fat is not evil and cholesterol is your friend.

Some early studies showed a large benefit to reducing it but recent studies show either no link or a very small link. I wish doctors would get with the program and update their information on this stuff. They are killing people with bad advice.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cholesterol
2013-10-24 7:33 AM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

Nice links and i like this study. Thanks for this sharing this information. This study has given to me lot of useful information about carbs. No doubt that carbs are good for health and we can maintain health of heart with using more carbs in diet.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carbs and heart health Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Carbs are evil - Carbs are not evil!

Started by Budding Triathlete
Views: 1290 Posts: 20

2005-04-28 10:42 PM Mimir98

Carbs, carbs, carbs

Started by bunnislippers
Views: 1359 Posts: 13

2005-04-08 8:06 AM sharonnagy5

Too many carbs?

Started by CptnJackSparrow
Views: 884 Posts: 6

2004-08-24 11:15 AM MJS

Could low carbs be kickin' my butt???

Started by CptnJackSparrow
Views: 897 Posts: 10

2004-08-20 10:59 AM Lara

Hi Carbs Nutrition

Started by charlie
Views: 1251 Posts: 8

2004-08-28 2:10 PM MJS
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 28, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on the number of meals to eat, carbo loading, good carbs and breakfast, peanut butter and whey protein.

date : July 9, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
Time and again, athletes repeatedly ask questions about sugar, protein, supplements, caffeine, carbs, recovery, and body fat. These answers will help you resolve confusing nutrition issues.
date : June 16, 2008
Even athletes are not immune from heart disease. The following bits of information might inspire you eat wisely to keep your heart beating for a long and healthful lifetime.

date : November 4, 2007
author : AMSSM
Will sustained exercise at or near maximum heart rate increase the risk of heart damage, or heart failure. Is the cardiac muscle also subject to strain and damage as other muscles?
date : June 11, 2007
Can athletes use the glycemic index ranking system to determine what to eat before, during, and after exercise?

date : May 9, 2007
After a hard workout, I really like having a Coke or Pepsi. How bad is this for recovery and for my health? Should I stop drinking orange juice because it is loaded with (fattening) carbs and sugar?
date : July 2, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
From triple bypass to triathlon. I am now just two days away from the Pacific Crest Half-Ironman.

date : June 5, 2006
Some athletes wisely devour lots of fruit, believing it to be among the healthiest of food choices. But other athletes mistakenly avoid fruit, seeing it as an evil source of sugar and carbs.