Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What's the grossest thing you've eaten--intentionally or unintentionally? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-10-08 11:26 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: What's the grossest thing you've eaten--intentionally or unintentionally?

Those who have read my trail mix post, know my answer. 

You?

2013-10-08 11:32 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Subject: RE: What's the grossest thing you've eaten--intentionally or unintentionally?
If I was to just think about the ingredients, rocky mountain oysters.  But quite frankly, they were delicious.  It's a toss up between tripe and St. Louis style pizza (provel is not a f'ing cheese!).  
2013-10-08 11:41 AM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: What's the grossest thing you've eaten--intentionally or unintentionally?

Alright, so, our cat had fleas REALLY BAD. Each night my partner would pick the fleas off of him and put them in a water bottle that had a mix of water and detergent. Don't ask me why. Perhaps she took pleasure in watching them drown. For some reason she kept that water bottle on the nightstand (can you see where this is going?) She became obsessive about it. Counting them. One night exclaiming, "I've got at least a hundred in here!"

Literally the next night, after the 100 flea benchmark, we came home from the bar. I was slightly intoxicated. Thirsty, I reached for the water bottle. Glug, Glug, Glug. That's three glugs! It wasn't until that third that I realized what I had done. It wasn't the little fleas going down my throat that cued me in. It was the taste of the detergent.

Probably the worst part was my inability to puke them back up.

2013-10-08 11:41 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by kevin_trapp If I was to just think about the ingredients, rocky mountain oysters.  But quite frankly, they were delicious.  It's a toss up between tripe and St. Louis style pizza (provel is not a f'ing cheese!).  

Them's fighting words.  STL style pizza is as bad as tripe?  No way.  That's one of the worlds best things compared to one of the worse.  STL pizza is amazing (and I'm not saying that because I grew up there).

I can't recall eating anything really gross.  Maybe inhaled a bug or two on a ride or swallowed some spoiled milk or something.

My wife however, got excited to try new things during our trip to Japan and loaded her plate with natto.  I knew what it was and thought her crazy, but I also thought SHE knew what it was since she took so much.  She doesn't mind a lot of the crazy asian food, so I thought "more power to you".  But when she took that first bite, and I saw the panic and tears from in her eyes?  I laughed and laughed...

2013-10-08 12:00 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Alright, so, our cat had fleas REALLY BAD. Each night my partner would pick the fleas off of him and put them in a water bottle that had a mix of water and detergent. Don't ask me why. Perhaps she took pleasure in watching them drown. For some reason she kept that water bottle on the nightstand (can you see where this is going?) She became obsessive about it. Counting them. One night exclaiming, "I've got at least a hundred in here!"

Literally the next night, after the 100 flea benchmark, we came home from the bar. I was slightly intoxicated. Thirsty, I reached for the water bottle. Glug, Glug, Glug. That's three glugs! It wasn't until that third that I realized what I had done. It wasn't the little fleas going down my throat that cued me in. It was the taste of the detergent.

And you call Switch sick? Yell

2013-10-08 12:05 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Muratic acid that is used for balancing pool water. I had just come in from mowing the lawn and there on the counter sat a full glass of crisp clean liquid. I'm beginning to think my wife has it in for me

2013-10-08 12:07 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pro
When cooked properly, I love a pig snoot sandwich.  When not done well it's horrible.
2013-10-08 12:12 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

A shared beverage with a small child

2013-10-08 12:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Can't believe I'll put this in print...

Unintentionally:  Can of Tab with many cigarette buts in it.  (Older sibs had a party while folks were away - came downstairs and thought, "Score!  Leftover soda for breakfast!!" Glug, glug, gaaaaaaack).

Intentionally:  Vomit.  (Collegiate rugby drinkups are not for the faint or sensible.  From a different life time...  'Nuff said).

2013-10-08 12:37 PM

Veteran
Minnesota
Does old chew spit in a Coke bottle count?
2013-10-08 12:38 PM
in reply to: TriJedi

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by TriJedi Does old chew spit in a Coke bottle count?

Depends.  Was it yours (meh) or someone else's?  Laughing

2013-10-08 12:44 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Yikes!!!  My rule is to never EVER pick up and drink out of a glass of anything laying around--no matter how much it looks like water or something yummy--unless I'm 1000% sure that I poured it myself Laughing

Now that I fully understand what is actually in many of the delicious treats I used to eat back in the days of my youth as a hardcore junk food junkie I'm pretty grossed out.

2013-10-08 12:52 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Originally posted by cdban66

Muratic acid that is used for balancing pool water. I had just come in from mowing the lawn and there on the counter sat a full glass of crisp clean liquid. I'm beginning to think my wife has it in for me

I have gallons of that and chlorine, and at a glance, they look delicious.  But nope.

2013-10-08 1:11 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I've come really really close to that one but fortunately my sense of smell kicked in just in time.

2013-10-08 1:30 PM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

Been there, done that.

2013-10-08 1:53 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by rrrunner

I've come really really close to that one but fortunately my sense of smell kicked in just in time.

Oh! I've totally done that. 

When I was in the second grade I had to stay after school with my best friend, and we had to beat erasers (totally dating myself).  We came back in through the janitors area in the basement, and there was what looked like half a bottle of coke sitting there. 

My friend dared me to take a sip.  (I'm not sure I've ever walked away from a dare, and that's not something I'm proud of--actually met my husband that way).  Anyway, gross.  So, so gross.

2013-10-08 1:55 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

Veteran
Minnesota
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Depends.  Was it yours (meh) or someone else's?  Laughing

Both --College
2013-10-08 1:56 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by kevin_trapp If I was to just think about the ingredients, rocky mountain oysters.  But quite frankly, they were delicious.  It's a toss up between tripe and St. Louis style pizza (provel is not a f'ing cheese!).  

Them's fighting words.  STL style pizza is as bad as tripe?  No way.  That's one of the worlds best things compared to one of the worse.  STL pizza is amazing (and I'm not saying that because I grew up there).

I can't recall eating anything really gross.  Maybe inhaled a bug or two on a ride or swallowed some spoiled milk or something.

My wife however, got excited to try new things during our trip to Japan and loaded her plate with natto.  I knew what it was and thought her crazy, but I also thought SHE knew what it was since she took so much.  She doesn't mind a lot of the crazy asian food, so I thought "more power to you".  But when she took that first bite, and I saw the panic and tears from in her eyes?  I laughed and laughed...

Now I have to try St. Louis pizza. 

I might need to try natto too.

2013-10-08 1:57 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

And you call Switch sick? Yell

Yeah, this ^. 

I'll choose maggots over fleas and detergent any day. I think.

2013-10-08 1:58 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Can't believe I'll put this in print...

Unintentionally:  Can of Tab with many cigarette buts in it.  (Older sibs had a party while folks were away - came downstairs and thought, "Score!  Leftover soda for breakfast!!" Glug, glug, gaaaaaaack).

Intentionally:  Vomit.  (Collegiate rugby drinkups are not for the faint or sensible.  From a different life time...  'Nuff said).

You are SO coming to the Glitter Tri.

2013-10-08 2:17 PM

User image

I've eaten nutria.

2013-10-08 2:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Saint Paul, MN
A toss up between tripe and deep fried lamb testicles.

Edited by jlruhnke 2013-10-08 2:31 PM
2013-10-08 2:35 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Originally posted by switch

Oh! I've totally done that. 

When I was in the second grade I had to stay after school with my best friend, and we had to beat erasers (totally dating myself).  We came back in through the janitors area in the basement, and there was what looked like half a bottle of coke sitting there. 

My friend dared me to take a sip.  (I'm not sure I've ever walked away from a dare, and that's not something I'm proud of--actually met my husband that way).  Anyway, gross.  So, so gross.

This statement explains a LOT about you.  You are an open book.

2013-10-08 2:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Originally posted by switch
Originally posted by Kido

Now I have to try St. Louis pizza. 

I might need to try natto too.

Here's how you can make your own approximation. Start with a piece of cardboard, add a mixture of ketchup and way too much oregano for the sauce, then cover it with watered down velveeta. Make sure you burn the cardboard just a little bit when you're cooking it. Then, for some reason that is beyond me, cut the round pizza into squares. I guess to make it look as bad as it tastes? Keep in mind that this will actually taste better than a real STL pizza, since the cardboard is an improvement over the unleavened dough they use for a crust. But if you're ever in the Lou and want to give a try, first slice...I mean square...is on me. At least we have some phenomenal microbreweries to help wash the taste out of your mouth.

Edited by kevin_trapp 2013-10-08 2:41 PM
2013-10-08 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

A live Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.

This was after one of my invertebrate biology dissection labs where we had a big plastic bin of various kinds of cockroaches that we had to catch by hand and then take to our lab area to dissect.  Well, one of the Wil.E.Coyote geeeeeniuses decided to put down a dare that if anyone ate one of the roaches from the bin he'd pay for drinks for the rest of the semester. 

I was drunk from September until Xmas. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What's the grossest thing you've eaten--intentionally or unintentionally? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

What's the grossest thing... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by SoberTriGuy
Views: 3304 Posts: 51

2012-10-31 5:13 PM TriAya

What's the dumbest thing you've done with somebody watching Pages: 1 2

Started by Mike Ervolina
Views: 1537 Posts: 32

2007-09-25 12:52 AM spokes

Pet spider kills owner...and then things get *REALLY* gross

Started by LHablas
Views: 844 Posts: 20

2007-08-28 3:57 PM misscullen

what's the craziest thing you've done lately? Pages: 1 2

Started by ellasdad
Views: 1692 Posts: 28

2007-05-09 11:34 AM spokes

The GROSSEST Thing I have ever heard!

Started by nliedel
Views: 1248 Posts: 18

2005-07-18 2:45 PM marmadaddy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : March 28, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
What should you do when your food rules start taking over your life?
date : October 6, 2010
comments : 0
The same athletes who worry about event-day fueling often neglect their day to day training diet. The question this article answers is, “What should I eat before, during and after I train?”

date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : June 25, 2010
comments : 4
Ever wonder what’s best to eat during long runs, bike rides or other exercise that lasts more than 60 to 90 minutes?

date : April 1, 2008
Coaches and parents alike want their athletes to eat well and be healthy. The struggling athletes just want people to stop policing their eating and exercise.
date : February 7, 2008
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.

date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.