General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman North American Championship Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2014-01-10 12:25 PM
in reply to: TrishM

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Ironman North American Championship Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread
Originally posted by TrishM

Hi all,

Trish here...in for IMMT and this will be IM #5 for me. Yeah, I'm addicted!

Raced my best IM last fall at IMAZ, partied HARD for two weeks, had surgery, ate ate and ate some more and am just now easing my way back into training. I am hoping to be able to train in earnest here in the next few weeks.

I am training with Endurance Nation for my second year (had fantastic success with the program last year) ...the out season started this week with testing, but I can't play just yet.

I'm in the same triclub as JDutton, and like him, got convinced (my phone blew up with texts about how awesome the venue was) to sign up last August. Since I hit a big pr goal last year in AZ, I haven't totally figured out what I am shooting for in MT, other than I really expect to improve on my IMLP time from 2011.

I've got a big bike week in NC planned early May as well as the Endurance Nation IMMT camp in July. I really like riding a course ahead of time...it helped calm my nerves a LOT in Placid. I'm looking forward to NOT having a Long Course A race in November for the first time since I started this crazy!

Excited to race with you all!

Welcome to the party Trish. I have not heard of Endurance Nation but I love the idea of riding the course before the race. Hopefully after riding it in July - you will let of know how it goes! Good luck getting back to the training!

2014-01-23 7:35 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
South Windsor CT
Subject: RE: Ironman North American Championship Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread
Hi all!!. Just out of curiosity for those who registered on line. Does anyone know how fast this race sold out?? Im planning on either a 2015 Lake Placid or MT Tremblant IM.

Thanks in advance.
2014-01-23 7:46 PM
in reply to: CarlG

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by CarlG

Hi all!!. Just out of curiosity for those who registered on line. Does anyone know how fast this race sold out?? Im planning on either a 2015 Lake Placid or MT Tremblant IM.

Thanks in advance.

I think it took a while for IMMT to sell out this year. I believe it was several weeks at the very least. You'll have no problem getting in if you decide to do it next year and you register online. I think the MT 70.3 sold out very quickly though.
2014-01-23 9:37 PM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Yup, it seems like it was at least 2 weeks before IMMT sold out.
It was rumored that the 2011 IMLP might have some slots a available online and it did, but closed out in 10 minutes.
2012 was on line for about an hour, and 2013 for maybe 3 hours. Not sure about this year.
2014-01-24 5:34 PM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Expert
South Windsor CT
Great, thank you. Tremblant really looks like an awesome venue.
2014-01-25 7:39 PM
in reply to: CarlG

User image

I am doing the Sufferfest/ Trainerroad Tour of Sufferlandria.  Anyone else from this group?

2014-01-27 2:14 PM
in reply to: Dream Chaser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carrollton, TX
I was going to, but I came down with a really, really bad sinus infection and only made it through part of one of the videos the other day with a avg HR of 160. Back to bed it was after that!

I'm planning on it next year. Have "fun"!
2014-01-30 9:01 AM
in reply to: thedallasceliac

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Does anyone know if there is a Computrainer or real course video out there of the IMMT course? I know they have some for LP, Wisconsin, etc but I havent been able to find a video like that of IMMT.
2014-01-31 2:28 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carrollton, TX
Originally posted by dmbfan4life20

Does anyone know if there is a Computrainer or real course video out there of the IMMT course? I know they have some for LP, Wisconsin, etc but I havent been able to find a video like that of IMMT.

I've not been able to find one, but if you use Trainer Road, you can use BestBikeSplit to build a custom course using the IMMT70.3 course people have uploaded. I've built it, just haven't ridden it yet.
2014-02-02 2:15 PM
in reply to: thedallasceliac

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Thanks for letting me know about that.
2014-02-05 5:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carrollton, TX
How's training going for everyone? I imagine a lot of folks are starting plans now or sometime in March. I've been swimming and cycling 3x/week and running a little bit - need to pick that up.

My training goals for this IM are really twofold: more volume and more consistency. For IMs #1 & #2, I did some quality sessions but averaged pretty low hours (9 and 8.5 respectively, over a 24 week "plan"), and I'm NOWHERE near fast enough to be able to do well on those hours (actually, looking at how much training I put in, it's really amazing I finished either time). Consistency was also all over the place due to work and other obligations - some 12-14 hour weeks intermixed with 4-6 hour weeks.

I'm excited to see how I do with more volume and a focus on putting in consistent hours, week to week. Seems like as long as I don't overdo it, it can only improve my time.

2014-02-05 8:28 PM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

Originally posted by dmbfan4life20 Does anyone know if there is a Computrainer or real course video out there of the IMMT course? I know they have some for LP, Wisconsin, etc but I havent been able to find a video like that of IMMT.

I'm pretty sure there is no RCV for M-T, but Ergvideo does have the course in high def that can be used with a Computrainer if you want to go that route  (click here to get to their store and preview the M-T video) - I've got it and like it.  You need to make sure your laptop can handle the software minimum computer requirements (they have info that tells you about that)

2014-02-06 10:14 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Originally posted by Birkierunner

Originally posted by dmbfan4life20 Does anyone know if there is a Computrainer or real course video out there of the IMMT course? I know they have some for LP, Wisconsin, etc but I havent been able to find a video like that of IMMT.

I'm pretty sure there is no RCV for M-T, but Ergvideo does have the course in high def that can be used with a Computrainer if you want to go that route  (click here to get to their store and preview the M-T video) - I've got it and like it.  You need to make sure your laptop can handle the software minimum computer requirements (they have info that tells you about that)

Thanks for letting me know. I dont have a computrainer but a friend does and I am going to see if I buy the software and rent his basement/computertrainer for a few hours
2014-02-06 10:18 AM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
I am on week 3 of IM training currently (Finks 30 week plan). So far I feel pretty good. Weather in MD sucks (snow, ice, zero degrees) so I have been biking on the trainer. So far I have been pretty good at staying with my plan and not missing workouts but I wont freak out if I miss one every now and again. Lately, I have been running and visualizing myself cross the finish line lol. Anyone else experience that while training for their first IM? I am looking forward to getting more training in and getting some quality bike rides in outside when the weather warms up.

I have been a little lax on my swim training so far. I really hate swimming by myself so I think I am going to switch gyms to one closer by my house that has a Masters Team and that should motivate me to get into the water a little more.
2014-02-06 8:19 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by dmbfan4life20

I am on week 3 of IM training currently (Finks 30 week plan). So far I feel pretty good. Weather in MD sucks (snow, ice, zero degrees) so I have been biking on the trainer. So far I have been pretty good at staying with my plan and not missing workouts but I wont freak out if I miss one every now and again. Lately, I have been running and visualizing myself cross the finish line lol. Anyone else experience that while training for their first IM? I am looking forward to getting more training in and getting some quality bike rides in outside when the weather warms up.

I have been a little lax on my swim training so far. I really hate swimming by myself so I think I am going to switch gyms to one closer by my house that has a Masters Team and that should motivate me to get into the water a little more.

Every run I did last season while training for IM Wisconsin I visualized myself at the end of my run coming down the chute and finishing. I can tell you it was nothing like I imagined it would be when I actually did cross. It was pretty amazing to say the least. I'm doing the same for IMMT, it definitely keeps me motivated to keep working so I can get to the finish so you're not the only one.
2014-02-11 6:34 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2014-02-11 6:50 PM
in reply to: Fred D

Regular
Mississauga, Ontario

Just joining this thread now - I'm in for IMMT, will be my 5th Ironman, 2nd time at IMMT (2012 IMMT). Awesome course, really smooth fast roads, the run as some have noted is not flat, coming out of transition and to the rail trail there are some rollers that will hurt on the second loop.

x2 on the Ergvideo, it has a few sections that are different than the final course configuration, but close enough to give you a very good idea of what the ride will be like.

I rode a 50/34 with 11-32 cassette and used the 32 a lot trying to save my legs - didn't work entirely, but that was probably more due a severe gap in my run training than the bike (biked 6:17:xx I think). Wicked winds on the second loop. Beautiful course overall and great location for spectators.

2014-03-02 8:44 AM
in reply to: runmini

2014-03-02 11:36 PM

hey Fred. I'm around too. Quite busy with work and travel recently, but otherwise I've been training hard indoors. can't wait for spring to arrive so I can go outside without the fear of freezing my cojones off. I think I'm a bit behind where I want to be at this stage due to this crazy winter. That said, if spring arrives in the next couple of weeks, then no worries.

Just finished my indoor bike session for the night, so time to hit the showers....

Happy training everyone.

2014-03-04 10:04 AM
in reply to: LarchmontTri

Master
Crab Cake City
Still training. Week 7 starts this week and I am excited for it. Joining my Masters Swim Team this week so it will feel good to get back in the pool. Logging a lot of mileage on the run and feeling strong. Training with the Run/Walk method seems to be working well for me and leaving me feeling fresher after my long runs. I have a 2:30 trainer ride planned for Saturday and it will have to be done in the basement since its not going to get above freezing this week in my neck of the woods.

Heres hoping for spring.....
2014-03-04 12:46 PM

2014-03-04 6:24 PM

Master
Crab Cake City
Yea I am super excited to swim with them and cant wait for this crappy winter to be over!!
2014-04-01 6:56 PM

Expert
I know there are 20+ weeks until the event but I am struggling with a hip issue and I need clarification. What happens to you of you are still on the run course at midnight? I know your time doesn't count but I just want to finish. I think I can do it in less than 17 hours but with this hip problem I'm worried. Will they yank me off the course or stop me from finishing?

Thanks!
2014-04-02 7:52 AM
in reply to: Qua17

Master
Crab Cake City
Originally posted by Qua17

I know there are 20+ weeks until the event but I am struggling with a hip issue and I need clarification. What happens to you of you are still on the run course at midnight? I know your time doesn't count but I just want to finish. I think I can do it in less than 17 hours but with this hip problem I'm worried. Will they yank me off the course or stop me from finishing?

Thanks!

I am not sure if they will yank you from the course or not because I have never done an IM before but I guess it would depend on where you are at that point. I would think that if you are within a mile of finishing they would let you but if you are at mile 20 then they will probably pick you up and take you back. I am sure alot of that has to do with permits, road closures and safety personnel on the course but like I said, I am not sure.

Sorry to hear about your hip. Do you know what the cause of the pain is?? Seeing a doctor, PT or anything?
2014-04-02 8:18 AM

Expert
Thats to the reply. I've been seeing a PT since October and it's getting better. But I still can't train the way I need to. My longest run to date has been 7 miles and when I go long - it gets really sore. I recently had an MRI and everything was negative and my doc gave me the go ahead to run through the pain. The PT thinks its part muscle imbalance and that my core is not strong enough to get all my body parts to function in the proper way. For example, and I know this sounds crazy - but but my back muscles are doing the work that my core is supposed to be doing.

So we shall see. Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman North American Championship Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 17

RELATED POSTS

Ironman Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by kaburns1214
Views: 33884 Posts: 217

2013-09-27 9:18 AM Birkierunner

Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by Fred D
Views: 9841 Posts: 45

2013-06-18 3:44 PM wannabefaster

Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant : Official Thread

Started by natethomas2000
Views: 7805 Posts: 25

2012-06-18 9:02 AM playmobil31

Ironman Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18

Started by enginerd
Views: 68500 Posts: 444

2012-09-02 12:12 PM kcgolf

Ford Ironman World Championship : Official Thread

Started by wieczynski
Views: 5561 Posts: 21

2009-09-30 7:43 PM jinxs68
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 7, 2008
author : trvw
comments : 0
Q&A with a triathlete who decided to compete last minute while vacationing overseas in Croatia.

date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : August 10, 2007
author : leifashley
comments : 4
From couch potato to a tri in 8 weeks. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The race organizers had it down and there were no problems at all. This was the perfect first tri, in my opinion.

date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.