General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The kona goal ? Out of reach ? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2013-10-16 2:28 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: The kona goal ? Out of reach ?

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by TriBoilermaker
Originally posted by JohnnyKay

My other point is that he's not nearly alone.  These folks are just now finding triathlon......the growth of really fast and gifted people into the sport is tremendous.  It's going to be very hard to stay close to that pointy end as time goes on.  In fact, it will become impossible for most of us.

I'm an AGer.  They are never catching me. 

Run fast!!!

Heck.  I could try to slow down as much as I want.  They still aren't catching me!

I gave up trying to make that point. Maybe you will have better luck!

Neither of your age groups are immune....not by a long shot.

i am hoping when i get to that 70-75 AG everyone else will have been already.  That's when i strike!

2013-10-16 2:35 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
Northern Illinois

My other point is that he's not nearly alone.  These folks are just now finding triathlon......the growth of really fast and gifted people into the sport is tremendous.  It's going to be very hard to stay close to that pointy end as time goes on.  In fact, it will become impossible for most of us.

Run fast!!!

Heck.  I could try to slow down as much as I want.  They still aren't catching me!

I will try it again.

You gave one example of a 45 year old coming out of nowhere. As I said before, if this is happening a lot then that is a valid argument for current age groupers being harder to get a KQ. Again, I AGREE. However, the point you originally made was telling us about the very fast 15 year old kids. That is what I and JK were referring to having no baring on our age groups. By the time your kid is 45 I will be in the 75+ age group. We know you hang out with a lot of very fast young people, you have shared many stories about them. It just doesn't apply to what the thread was talking about at the time you made the comment.

Fast older (35+) coming into the sport applies, fast 15-18 year old's doesn't. That is all JK and I were commenting on.
2013-10-16 2:36 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Run fast!!!

I will try it again. You gave one example of a 45 year old coming out of nowhere. As I said before, if this is happening a lot then that is a valid argument for current age groupers being harder to get a KQ. Again, I AGREE. However, the point you originally made was telling us about the very fast 15 year old kids. That is what I and JK were referring to having no baring on our age groups. By the time your kid is 45 I will be in the 75+ age group. We know you hang out with a lot of very fast young people, you have shared many stories about them. It just doesn't apply to what the thread was talking about at the time you made the comment. Fast older (35+) coming into the sport applies, fast 15-18 year old's doesn't. That is all JK and I were commenting on.

You don't want to win overall?

Boiler - when I made that comment it was in response to a very specific part of a post that Leego made.  Like I said earlier, I probably could have made the point better.

You don't have to AGREE......I didn't even realize we were having a separate conversation until a few posts ago. LOL

Edited by Left Brain 2013-10-16 2:39 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The kona goal ? Out of reach ? Rss Feed  

of 10