General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simple Tips on Training Plan? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-14 8:31 PM

User image

Delco, PA
Subject: Simple Tips on Training Plan?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/176142392/Triathlon-Training-Sheet1

I'll be competing in my first HIM in about 11 months (September 6).  I've developed this plan by myself and am really unsure of what it's like. 

I swim for a team so there's no swim training on there.  That'll be 5-6 days a week and whatever yardage/intensity the coach describes, so don't need help there.  I also picked up XC this past fall and we were on a 50-60-70 mile rotation, running everyday (long runs 10, 12, 14).  Now that swimming's into full swing, I won't be able to run everyday without burning out, so I took away one run day to just bike.  I also decreased the volume big time.  It's now at 35-45-55 with 28 on recovery weeks.  

For the bike, I don't have a lot of experience here and haven't done rides longer than 35 miles. Where it's listed "endurance, energy, and power," they're bike workouts I found online named that way.  They're all for the most part 1 hour indoor workouts. It's a 12-week program with each workout supposed to be once a week.  Every 4th Saturday I threw in a brick workout that will be used just to see how I'm progressing.  As you can see, it's simple. All the same to make the base for 20 weeks.  

Then it goes into a speed phase, where I start to throw in different trainer workouts and threshold/workout runs.

Where I feel I have no knowledge whatsoever is the race season, and how to handle training then.  I want to be fresh for all the OD races, but I also don't want to decrease training so much to lose the progress I built up for the HIM, which is my A-race you could call it.

I just kinda tried to mix in decreased volume training with intensity and then I threw together a taper (can you even call it that?) before the HIM.

I don't expect anyone to go through the whole training plan.  I'd have to pay ya a big amount if you did that, so please don't .

However, I'm wondering if anyone can help me through that race-season training and give me some simple tips on what I did wrong/right.

This is a long post, so I'd really appreciate if anyone did help me out a bit.  It'd be much appreciated.

Attachments
----------------
Triathlon Training - Sheet1.pdf (299KB - 8 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Simple Tips on Training Plan? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

2011 race plans vs 2011 training plans

Started by KirkD
Views: 1485 Posts: 5

2010-12-03 10:38 AM KirkD

Training Tips for training in humid climates

Started by Cyclingmaniac
Views: 862 Posts: 12

2007-06-04 9:24 AM Artemis

Flexibility training plans for off-season training

Started by shadt31
Views: 987 Posts: 5

2005-11-18 12:08 PM shadt31

Critique my ridiculously simple training plan

Started by Josmi
Views: 1119 Posts: 7

2011-04-26 2:04 PM Av8rTx

training logs - planned training options

Started by ginger ninja
Views: 1521 Posts: 5

2004-11-29 12:36 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 21, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How to tweak your training plan to account for frequent races

date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season
date : January 20, 2011
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
Using a high-volume schedule for many months is not the best tactic. Build speed and skill several months out, and then transition to a high-volume IM plan.

date : February 12, 2008
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 10 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.
date : February 12, 2008
comments : 1
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 14 hours toward the end of the 10 weeks.

date : January 14, 2008
author : AMSSM
At the age of 44, I am experiencing extreme pain in my hip. I have been trying simple stretching and have found no relief.
date : January 9, 2008
comments : 1
This plan is an advanced plan in terms of volume and intensity and appropriate for someone who is looking to go under 5:00 and as fast as 4:30. There isn’t a lot of fluff in the plan.

date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.