General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bottles on the Bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-10-23 12:40 PM
in reply to: AtlantaBill

User image

Subject: RE: Bottles on the Bike?

My assumptions: advice to a MOP first-time IM and whose primary goal should be to finish  <snip>,

All well and good, but why do you have to resort to characterizing advice that does not agree with yours as "dumb"?

And frankly, the OP never said he just wanted to finish, I think it's a little (actually, quite) presumptuous to tell him what his goal *should* be, i.e. just to finish.  Perhaps he wants the best time he can possibly get? 

I really don't understand the "plan to stop" vs. "not plan to stop."  The concensus advice was to load up SN with whatever they think they might need in case they need it at that time.  Thus, planning to stop if necessary.  If the advice was don't stop, we would have said don't put anything in SN.  Personally, I have not stopped at SN because, as the race unfolded, I didn't need to.  But it was there in case I did.   Sort of a silly conversation anyway.  Put stuff in SN.  You need it, stop for it.  You don't need it, don't stop for it.  No further "plan" necessary in that regard.

2013-10-23 12:45 PM
in reply to: devilfan02

User image

i plan on racing my race.. how i trained and that includes no special needs bag. I would be truly pissed if i stopped and took 3-5 min to find a bag for a "snack" that you really dont need and missed my goal time by 5 min. it is your own race... if you want to stop... then stop. If you want to order a pizza to be delivered on shea and beeline do it. asking what others are going to do and changing your plan this late is asking for stomach issues on race day. Lets go out there race our off and have a great time
2013-10-23 2:11 PM
in reply to: Tryrn

User image

Champion
MA

I stopped 3 out of 4 x for bike sn in my IMs, never did it take 3-4' to get my bag. IMFL is effiicient at calling out your number at turn around with a megaphone so it is ready by side of the road as you pull up if volunteers are able to get it in time. Bike SN is spread out and sorted by numbers so it may be 100 yards or longer of space. I've been able to stop keep one foot clipped in and get my stuff and off I go more like 30" later.

2013-10-28 7:05 PM
in reply to: #4880603

For my second IM I'm thinking of trying a multi hour bottle which I drink from every 15 minutes or so on my frame and use the bottle between my aerobars for water and Gatorade depending where I am on the course in Lake Placid.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bottles on the Bike? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Trying to maximize my bottles on the bike...

Started by Plissken74
Views: 2023 Posts: 10

2011-02-18 7:58 AM moriatesg

How many bottles to carry on bike during IM Pages: 1 2

Started by triwor
Views: 3311 Posts: 45

2008-11-04 3:17 PM Daremo

BIke S/N bag: Replacement bottles question

Started by CNIDog
Views: 985 Posts: 7

2007-07-08 11:18 AM slowone

Where can I find 28 ounce bike bottles

Started by BIllabong140.6
Views: 991 Posts: 4

2007-06-21 11:03 AM tkbslc

IM bike hydration -- bottles

Started by KenyonTri
Views: 1911 Posts: 17

2006-12-17 4:29 PM bryancd
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 15, 2013
author : XLAB Hydration
comments : 0
XLAB Launches the Latest Rear Single Bottle System, the DELTA 300

date : March 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 1
What is the best way to carry fluid on your bike in a triathlon?
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?

date : September 5, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 12
When people think of hydration in the aero position, the first name that comes to mind is the Aerodrink from Profile Design. I was expecting a pretty quick and breezy review of this water bottle.
date : July 30, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
Getting the biggest bang for your buck; some low cost means of improving your performance and preventing injury.

date : June 6, 2006
author : DominiqueL
Rocket Science Sports has applied its hyper-technical approach to designing a water bottle. The result is a water bottle with dimples similar to those on a golf ball.