General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie (Brit) in Luxembourg Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-16 4:18 AM

Subject: Newbie (Brit) in Luxembourg
Hi.

I am an Expat Brit living in Luxembourg. Ex British Army Officer currently working as a NATO Civilian.

I had a bit of a health scare early this year and took a long hard look at what I was doing and where i wanted to go. Whislt I was trainign sporadically there was no real focus to it. Then I discovered Triathlon.......

So, two sprint events in (both with reaspnable finish times of 1hr:17 and 1hr:22 respectively) I think that I have caught the bug!

I have a focus for my training, have really enjoyed it and am ushing myself which is great. The added bonus is over 20kg in weight loss. I am 48, 6 ft 4" and 104 kg so am never really going to set the AG world alight - but I am enjoying it.

I watched the first Ergo Luxembourg HIM event in early September and have taken the plunge and entered next years race in June. Currently commenced my off season training but am already focusing on the training plan for the HIM. I have also entered two half marathons with a view to some additional focus on my running. Not great in the water and will also be focusing on that too. OK on the bike and have purchased a Turbo for the long cold Luxembourgish winter months.

Perhaps Santa will drop by with a Tri / T bike this Christmas! One lives in hope.

Looking forward to "meeting" some of you good folks for feedback and tips as well as general chit chat.

Paul

2013-10-17 3:33 PM
in reply to: peejaysea

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Newbie (Brit) in Luxembourg
Welcome!
2014-04-15 2:46 AM
in reply to: peejaysea

Subject: RE: Newbie (Brit) in Luxembourg
Hi Paul

Albeit almost a year since you posted this, I thought I'd reply, as I've just joined the forum as well and, like you, am an ex-pat Brit in Luxembourg.

Contemplating a Tri or 70.3 in the next year, so just started researching and doing a bit of training, despite saying I'd never do one!! However, I could do with a bit of a training challenge rather than just going up and down at D'Coque with no purpose.

If you are still aiming for the 2014 HIM, then get in touch, would be good to share training and understand your prep.

Cheers

James
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie (Brit) in Luxembourg Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newbie with a "newbie question"

Started by dbrook1
Views: 1305 Posts: 4

2013-05-18 8:48 PM dbrook1

SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart

Started by b2673ad
Views: 1379 Posts: 2

2009-07-15 8:40 PM McFuzz

2nd Yr Newbie - 1st day Newbie to BT

Started by laurabuchholz
Views: 1250 Posts: 6

2009-04-01 7:36 AM lkagop

Newbie to Tri and newbie to Portland OR

Started by semiller
Views: 1096 Posts: 3

2006-09-07 11:36 PM lostviking

Hello! New Brit Joining!

Started by Rachael
Views: 535 Posts: 8

2005-10-09 4:08 PM Rachael
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.

date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!
date : February 7, 2008
author : nxm165
comments : 1
Initial adventures of another 40-something entering the world of tri.

date : January 29, 2006
author : seveerneb
comments : 44
How to consistently come in last place and enjoy it. By a real expert.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Mottyl
comments : 6
I had read the articles on BT, I'd trained, and I thought I had prepared. There were, however, a few things that I didn't internalize despite what I'd been told.

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
comments : 0
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!