Subject: Playa del Rey
Signed for Playa Del Rey on sunday
International Distance
Anyone else for BT ?

2013-10-19 12:40 PM
in reply to: van_paulus

User image

Subject: RE: Playa del Rey

Unfortunately tri bike on its way to Miami for a 70.3 next weekend.  Fun low key race!

2013-10-19 5:39 PM

User image

Veteran
I'm in for the international distance. I got my numbers and now I feel like a 14 year old. Dude, I'm heh-heh-heh- 69 - heh - heh - heh...

Judging from the wave starts, there won't be many of us in the longer race. Only 2 waves.

Come on ChrisM, you have other bikes you could ride for this. Don't blame it on the bike traveling!
2013-10-19 10:14 PM
in reply to: JamieS

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
I'll be sporting a PINK cap for Wave 2 Any morning marine layer expected or has it been sunny from 7am on ?
2013-10-20 12:28 PM

User image

Originally posted by JamieS I'm in for the international distance. I got my numbers and now I feel like a 14 year old. Dude, I'm heh-heh-heh- 69 - heh - heh - heh... Judging from the wave starts, there won't be many of us in the longer race. Only 2 waves. Come on ChrisM, you have other bikes you could ride for this. Don't blame it on the bike traveling!

Well I also have no wetsuit currently as that's also en route.   Now *that's* a good excuse!

Hope you and Paul had a good race

2013-10-20 5:01 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Originally posted by ChrisM

Originally posted by JamieS I'm in for the international distance. I got my numbers and now I feel like a 14 year old. Dude, I'm heh-heh-heh- 69 - heh - heh - heh... Judging from the wave starts, there won't be many of us in the longer race. Only 2 waves. Come on ChrisM, you have other bikes you could ride for this. Don't blame it on the bike traveling!

Well I also have no wetsuit currently as that's also en route.   Now *that's* a good excuse!

Hope you and Paul had a good race

It was ideal cool conditions for me , Fog / overcast the whole time . Forgot to start my watch so will have to wait for results to post .
I think i was in at about 3 hrs. Almost witnessed a crash as a roadie on the course cut off a girl on a tri bike at the last turnaround she went wide
to make the left turn he went left and through the middle and cut off her line she had to unclip (and curse) to avoid a tbone with the idiot .
Anyway good race set up , easy parking (unlike malibu) calm warmish water and closed bike course (flat safe and fast) . The run course was open to other users but i enjoyed the extra traffic (bikes walkers other runners) to keep my mind off how many miles we had left to run .

2013-10-20 6:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Well, the results are in. http://www.sbtiming.com/results/pdr_2013/pdr_int_2013.txt

I did OK, not great, but better than my recent training (or lack of) should have let me finish.

That swim was either measured too long or the current/tide was really nasty. It took me way too long to do 1200 yards.

I enjoyed the race and had a good time!

Paul, did you yell out to me near the finish line/transition entrance after we were both done? I thought I heard someone call my name, but was occupied with other thoughts at the moment and a few minutes later I realized someone from BT may be looking for me... Sorry If I ignored you... (it was not intentional)

Now it's time to start picking next year's races!
2013-10-20 8:44 PM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
I agree with you the swim course was way long , the fastest International swimmer was over 23mins , the side current did not seem that bad Watching Wave 1 i could not see any noticable left or right motion in the pack & the cables at the buoys were pointing towards shore.
2013-11-04 5:17 PM

User image

I was in the Sprint distance race.
Check the web site, the organizers admitted they messed up the swim course.
I did some high school math averaging the times of the top 10 finishers last year and this year - it may have been as much as 800-850 yards for the sprint distance. But I was told there would be no math...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Playa del Rey Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Playa Del Rey Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by van_paulus
Views: 1511 Posts: 4

2011-10-14 3:47 PM tophermcdougall

Has anyone done the Sporteve Playa Del Rey Tri?

Started by thegull
Views: 2177 Posts: 11

2010-10-19 10:15 AM van_paulus

Playa Del Run - Playa Del Rey

Started by JamieS
Views: 1319 Posts: 3

2010-07-14 8:00 PM Flowerbridge

New to the LA area (Playa Del Rey)

Started by expensivehobby22
Views: 1146 Posts: 7

2009-03-10 2:06 PM expensivehobby22

New SoCal Tri: Playa del Rey