General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Second hand bikes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-21 1:21 PM

User image

Subject: Second hand bikes
I'm looking for a new bike for doing some more triathlons, and i need some advice! The main thing is whether a second hand bike, say 4 years old, is going to have a longer or shorter life because its a road bike. i've found one on ebay that is aluminium frame, carbon forks triathlon/tt bike worth around £700 new but currently at £127!! how much do you think in general a bikes value falls, considering its 4 years old, and any damage is only cosmetic?

2013-10-22 7:02 AM
in reply to: owen.hewett

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley
Subject: RE: Second hand bikes
There is a lot of value in used bikes. Often people buy a bike with unrealistic expectations of how much they will ride it. THe bike stays in the garage for couple of year until the owner's dream of the winners circle has faded. I've found that Tri-bike prices drop much faster than the relevance of their technology. Until a person is consistently in the top 50 at IM Hawaii, bikes that are 4-5 years old are just as good as those 4-5 weeks old.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Second hand bikes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

second hand Cervelo P2C opinion wanted

Started by tokafi
Views: 1125 Posts: 4

2011-06-22 4:10 PM rexcoltrain

second bike purchase concerns

Started by benc84
Views: 661 Posts: 2

2009-08-11 9:34 AM cpfint

hand me down bike, need new wheels

Started by nimbus
Views: 1303 Posts: 15

2008-03-13 10:50 AM nimbus

Second Bike - Kona Jake???

Started by kaburns1214
Views: 3821 Posts: 14

2007-09-05 10:16 AM pitt83

TOTAL NEWBIE Q: what brand bike to look to buy (2nd hand)

Started by Janine
Views: 679 Posts: 3

2005-12-28 9:11 AM bsjracing
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 5, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I've noticed when running that my hands start to swell. I started running with a fuel belt and started sipping water about 15 minutes into my run. It seemed to help for a few runs, but not all.

date : June 27, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Questions and answers on wetsuit swimming, cadence, interval time, paddle benefit, hand entry, runners kick drills, bilateral breathing and race breathing.
date : March 19, 2007
author : Team BT
Stability Ball Hand Opposite Knee Crunch abdominal exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : March 7, 2007
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : September 3, 2005
Now we will add in the focus on how you will enter your hands in the water upon recovery, and how to rotate to the next side.

date : April 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
Metatarsalgia simply means “painful metatarsal” without defining the cause of the pain. Metatarsalgia most commonly causes pain at the second metatarsal head.
date : November 28, 2004
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!

date : September 4, 2004
author : Team BT
We did really well with the beers, which will explain my reluctance to get out of bed on Saturday morning.