General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hydration System Help for Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-22 7:57 AM

User image

Lexington, South Carolina
Subject: Hydration System Help for Bike
I am learning new things daily on these forums so thank you in advance for your responses.

I have a 2009 Cervelo S1 road bike (stock with drop bars) that I use for races. Being fairly new to road biking with not great bike handling skills, I have frame mounted cage with a bottle that I use for hydration. This works fine but I do not feel confident with my bike handling skills while trying to drink out of a bottle. I understand that the more I do this, the better I will get at it.

But from the point of being able to hydrate more frequently on longer rides without having to slow down or worse, taking someone down with me, is there a hydration system (frame mounted or otherwise) that works with this frame that has a extension valve or something to make the process easier?

Thanks!

2013-10-22 9:54 AM
in reply to: sinnerman

User image

Regular
Canton, TX
Subject: RE: Hydration System Help for Bike
A speedfil should fit.
Have you thought of a camelbak for now ( until you get more comfortable). They are pretty easy.
2013-10-23 6:54 AM
in reply to: txjp

User image

Veteran
Hudson Valley
x2 on the Camelback. I'm hydrating more often and with larger amounts. It's easier to grab the tube than to grab a waterbottle. The Camelback has less effect on steering than a handlebar mounted waterbottle. The Camelback holds 70 oz compared to 2 bottles holding 21-24 oz each.
2013-10-23 7:45 AM
in reply to: sinnerman

User image

Lexington, South Carolina
I do use Camelbaks on my mountain bike rides. I do like them for that reason.

I looked in into the Speedfil F2 system and that seems like something that might work. I need to find out if the caps will work other bottles also.

Thanks for the recommendations.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hydration System Help for Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Help choose my hydration system!

Started by AndyEWU07
Views: 676 Posts: 3

2013-05-12 11:22 AM AndyEWU07

Hydration system on road bike without aero

Started by LNS979
Views: 1525 Posts: 8

2012-09-06 7:05 AM RedCorvette

Hydration System on Tri Bike

Started by paulalucas
Views: 4943 Posts: 12

2010-12-13 8:17 PM treadster

Hydration System for road bike

Started by mandy7741
Views: 6262 Posts: 18

2009-11-15 12:00 PM gearboy

Bike Hydration Systems-Never Reach

Started by Mick55
Views: 1272 Posts: 3

2005-06-10 11:51 AM waskelton
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 18, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 7
Looking for a liquid hydration system for your runs? We review the unique Amphipod RunLite 4 belt hydration system. Other than a few small issues, it has performed well.

date : August 17, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Use this guide as a tool to perfect your nutrition during all three disciplines in a triathlon. Because not everyone requires the same quantity of macronutrients, be sure to practice your plan.
date : November 19, 2006
author : AMSSM
While regular and moderate exercise such as light jogging has been shown to boost immune system function, more vigorous exercise can suppress the immune system.

date : July 5, 2005
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
The company’s first two offerings are an aerodynamic hydration system and a saddle bag repair kit. PodiumQuest sets itself apart by paying attention to the little things.
date : January 30, 2005
author : Glenn
Many of us do not enjoy the ‘pleasures’ of training on a stationery trainer. “Boring”, ”mind-numbing”, “a drag” are three phrases often associated with indoor trainers.

date : October 17, 2004
author : BrianPBN
Well the day is finally here. I don't believe a single workout has gone by in these past 9 years where the idea of being at the start line of the Ironman Hawaii didn't creep into my head.
date : October 10, 2004
So far the taper is feeling good and I'm getting that itchy feeling to race. I know this will grow even stronger when I get to the island and see my friends and PBN Team members.  

date : October 3, 2004
Definitely glad this weekend is out of the way as 145 miles of cycling and 27 miles of running in two days is a fair amount.