General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman France : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-25 8:33 AM

Subject: Ironman France : Official Thread
Who is racing in Nice 2014? I did the event last year, so can try to help anyone out with race questions......

2014-02-24 2:37 AM
in reply to: bexsmith

New user

Subject: RE: Ironman France : Official Thread
I am doing it this year and would love to get the scoop on the bike leg in particular please?
2014-02-25 11:05 AM
in reply to: pherrlin

Check out this link for info on the bike leg. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Fo...

I am not the worlds best biker, but I must say I really enjoyed the bike portion of the course. It helped immensely that I had done the route a couple of times before. If you are not the most confident of cyclists practice descending and long climbs as much as you can. Pay attention on the last long descent into Nice, there are lots of blind corners and sleeping policemen to catch you out as you go through the villages. The good news is that the views are incredible, they will take your breath away!

How is your training going?
2014-10-07 9:55 PM
in reply to: bexsmith

I recently signed up for Ironman France 2015. I'm looking forward to taking an Ironman seriously for a change. The last iron-distance race I did was the Full Vineman in 2013 and it was done on minimal, minimal training. My time sucked and my feet were a disaster! I'm fine tuning my training plan that starts in early February and sorting out various maintenance programs to emphasize swimming and running-lots and lots of running!

I live in Portland, OR and would love any input anyone can offer regarding the course itself, where to stay in the Nice area, bike transportation...you name it!

2014-10-23 10:13 AM
in reply to: #4884366

User image

I did the race in 2013. Loved it. I rented an apartment in the vieux-ville which is walking distance to the start/finish. The closest hotel is Le Meridien but I was traveling with my family so that didn't work for us.

Depending on your finish time you may want to plan ahead to have food after the race. Almost everything closes around 10 on Sunday night.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman France : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ironman France : Official Thread

Started by mndymond
Views: 2809 Posts: 15

2013-11-25 12:14 PM arrchurro

Started by igorkiev
Views: 4056 Posts: 9

2012-06-16 2:09 AM seanmullins

Started by trakie
Views: 2420 Posts: 6

2010-11-02 1:49 PM [email protected]

Ford Ironman 70.3 California: Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

Started by kwfire
Views: 30606 Posts: 235

2009-05-07 8:59 AM Project_A

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 61102 Posts: 579

2009-06-24 2:09 PM ironlib
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : May 23, 2012
author : jason.taylor
comments : 13
An age-grouper's journey of training for and completing his first Ironman
date : April 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
An unexpected upside of completing a full distance triathlon

date : July 11, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
"Fandom" in triathlon compared to other sports. If you're a sports fan and simply love to follow sport, why pick a sport that may offer a view of the start, the finish and a few moments in between?
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : June 27, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
After starting the season with only the goals of raising money for cancer research, Stacey finds herself with the opportunity to go to the Long Course Championships in France.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.