BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 62

2013-12-24 12:10 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?)

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Haaalloooo from the land of 10º. Whew! This cali/az girl is a bit cold chapped. No running since last week. Thinking some treadmill later today...better than ice running. Eeek!Last bit of wrapping (and even shopping) getting done this morning so we can go hang out at a Christmas Eve party then check out the lights on The Plaza. Kids are about to jump out of their skins counting down til bedtime. SO MUCH FUN! Happy Eve to all :D

BRRRR!!!  Sounds like you have a fun (although cold) day in store.  Good luck trying to keep the kiddos in their skins, LOL!!  I can only imagine their excitement!

Yesterday it fell from the 20's in the morning all the way to 0 just after dark. -3 this morning, up to 6 mid day now. Actually didn't feel bad after the 20+ mph winds of last night. That actually stung a bit. We seem to be getting a number of those falling days this year, not sure why. But hey, at least there is snow down on this day. Fairly rare occurrence with that timing.

Edited by brigby1 2013-12-24 12:11 PM

2013-12-24 1:22 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by TriAya

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by jmkizer

We've been archived. 

It looks like a new round of mentor groups is in the works.

So, what are we going to do?

Not sure. I know Yanti is having a great deal of problem getting onto BT at the moment according to FB. Maybe we can just keep hanging out in archiving until we work it out.

Well, according to how my arms LOOK, I must be a not-so-recovering IV drug user ... how're your stings healing up? I love the crusty stage!

We are the Manatee Mentals ... err, Mentors, I'm Asian, sorry I get that mixed up a lot. Anyway, plural. So it's a group decision. I'd like to open up for some new Manatees; hence, a new thread. However, I've noticed every year that the post-New Year's newbies (whether to tri and/or BT) miss out on most of the open/active groups ... I'd like to wait until after New Year's. For me, personally, and I imagine many of the Manatees, it's also a much more manageable time.

But I'm okay with whatever. I'd love this group to continue, or as many of the Manatees as would like to, and open the doors but not the floodgates for some new podmates.

(1) I want to continue to be a Manatee

(2) I think January 2 would be a good opening time.  I would like to get new active members.    Right now we have about 50% inactive members and that makes me sad. 

(3) I really do think that the logging component is important.

(4) Does the January 2 timeframe work with Jantastic?  (Just checked, rules state that it starts January 6 so we are good.)

First, I don't know what happened, but I was not getting notifications when there were posts here ; thought everyone was really, really quiet! Glad I came looking!!

second! I agree with everything Janyne said ( like usual).

and lastly , it is the first day of winter and we are in the 80s!>p>ETA: just saw Janyne's post about notifications being turned off because we were archived, so I guess now I know what happened!

Me too!!!!!!!!!! I missed a bunch. Off to catch up!

2013-12-24 1:36 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by melbo55

Any other suckers devoted employees at work today?  Feeling a bit like a chump hanging out in the ghost town here, but it's also kind of nice.

Yes, I have staff out, so I cover. I am the world's best boss, if I do say so myself.

Or, I'm a sucker, take your pick. Actually, transactions continue in the banking world, no matter what. Combine that with the Target hack and I have a bit of a workload today. So, today will be just like every other day. Tomorrow will be better!!!!

Me too. Heading out in about an hour though. Need to go pick up DH's present at Lowe's. Talk about cutting it close. I special ordered it and it FINALLY came in!

2013-12-24 1:38 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Haaalloooo from the land of 10º. Whew! This cali/az girl is a bit cold chapped. No running since last week. Thinking some treadmill later today...better than ice running. Eeek!Last bit of wrapping (and even shopping) getting done this morning so we can go hang out at a Christmas Eve party then check out the lights on The Plaza. Kids are about to jump out of their skins counting down til bedtime. SO MUCH FUN! Happy Eve to all :D

I was thinking about those the other day. That is one of the things I miss about the midwest. We are going to the Santa Fe Plaza tonight to see the lights. I'll post pix tomorrow.

2013-12-24 5:55 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
MERRY CHRISTMAS MANATEES
(You are going to have to imagine that is big and bright red cause I can't work out how to do it on the iPad)

I hope that you have a really great day filled with family friends and many of God's blessings.

I also hope that Santa brings you some cool stuff. I got Sheila Ts book and workout cards and some new fish for my aquarium that have come out of hiding this morning.
2013-12-24 10:22 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master

Merry Christmas to our Aussie Manatees, and Merry Eve to the rest of y'all.  I did the last of my errands this morning.  Had a visit with my Trevor this afternoon (the dog I sat on in Sept), came home for a lit-up-and-jingle-bell-y run.  Now I am cooking steak and lobster tails and stuffed potatoes with my honey, and sipping mulled cider.  I hope everyone has a great day with family and friends.  Be safe, be happy, be well.

2013-12-25 6:54 AM
in reply to: #4884511

User image

Veteran
East Texas
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
2013-12-25 1:23 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by MadMathemagician

Learnt a new word recently.   A Papuan word, it is.    Hmmm  

OK Michael I need you to explain that one to me. I don't understand.

BA HA HA, my sweet mad polymath and Stace Face

Manatees, a learning opportunity!

Google "Papua koteka" and look at the images.

This may have something or actually nothing to do with Michael's very Indonesian Christmas card.

2013-12-25 1:28 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Melon Presser

Merry Christmas, Manatees!

I was going to crop this picture to show the cool Christmas earrings and Christmas tie on the Ironman finisher shirt (all strictly color coordinated, of course) ... but frankly, the minor (for me) transition-area-like explosion on the floor just really made it, well ... real.

(0001.RealisticXmas (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
0001.RealisticXmas (Small).jpg (30KB - 3 downloads)
2013-12-25 1:37 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
MERRY CHRISTMAS, MANATEES!!!!!'
2013-12-25 1:39 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

This may have something or actually nothing to do with Michael's very Indonesian Christmas card.

That must have been some card!

2013-12-25 1:46 PM

User image

Melon Presser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYNY !!!!!

2013-12-25 1:48 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Betcher glad you're at home!

2013-12-25 3:04 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Merry Christmas from New Mexico

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (132KB - 4 downloads)
2013-12-25 4:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYNY !!!!!

Happy Birthday Janyne!!!
(Sorry I can't make it as pretty as Yanti can)
2013-12-25 4:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Betcher glad you're at home!

Gee you're right I'm very glad I didn't google that at work!

2013-12-25 5:39 PM

User image

Master

Merry Christmas Manatees! 

<-------  Me for not saying Indonesian AND Aussie yesterday...

Happy Birthday Janyne!

2013-12-25 6:28 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Happy Christmas and Merry Birthday, Janyne!
2013-12-25 9:39 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Merry Christmas Evening. Hoping everyone had a lovely day of celebrating with family and friends.
2013-12-26 8:37 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I hope everyone is enjoying the week and all that it is giving you. Happy belated B-Day Janyne, Merry Christmas to all!

I have two questions this morning, The first, regarding GPS watches (which I received from THE Wife), is simply what data are you using during and after a workout? Which do you find useful and which is just fluff in your mind? I am not using a HRM at this point, nor any other add ons like a foot pod or cadence sensor. All that may be added over time, if I deem it necessary.

The other question is for Yanti. Are you doing the next Manatee Mentor group setup? If so, is there anything I can do to help with that?

Have a great day, the weekend is fast approaching.

2013-12-26 9:18 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I hope everyone is enjoying the week and all that it is giving you. Happy belated B-Day Janyne, Merry Christmas to all!

I have two questions this morning, The first, regarding GPS watches (which I received from THE Wife), is simply what data are you using during and after a workout? Which do you find useful and which is just fluff in your mind? I am not using a HRM at this point, nor any other add ons like a foot pod or cadence sensor. All that may be added over time, if I deem it necessary.

The other question is for Yanti. Are you doing the next Manatee Mentor group setup? If so, is there anything I can do to help with that?

I have my watch set up so the first screen has current pace, distance, time of day, and time of work out. I also have it set to beep on the mile ( for runs) with the pace of that mile ( for the bike it is set @ 5 miles). During the run I normally only pay attention to the last mile pace to see if I've been dogging it and distance to make sure I'm where I need to be. After the run I like to see average pace and overall time. I also like to see each mile's pace to see how they compare.

2013-12-26 9:36 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Nice gift, Chris!  Santa, aka your beloved wife, was good to you!

During workout: first screen for both running and biking is total elapsed time, pace (min/mile running, mph biking), and distance.  Second screen has time of day, HRM (which I rarely use) and in the case of biking, cadence (mainly used during TR sessions since my sensor isn't always on my bike).  Like Ann-Marie, I have an alert every mile for running which will show average pace for that mile.  I don't have any alerts set for biking.

Post workout:  I enjoy seeing overall pace and pace per mile and distance.  Oh, and of total elapsed time.  I don't think I really look at much else post-workout except for Strava, comparing what I've done to my previous efforts on the same course (if applicable) and any segments.

2013-12-26 10:29 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I also have time of sunset in my 2nd screen for running which is helpful in the fall/spring when I run on the trails after work.  Let's me know what time I should plan on being out of there (illegal to be on the trails after dark).

2013-12-27 6:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Yay for Boxing Day sales. I managed to get a new pair of Brooks for $100 less than the last pair I brought
ETA: I tried to attach a photo but I can't for some reason, they are a lovely dark purple colour with lime green accents because I remember what Tom said about fluoro shoes going faster!

Edited by StaceyK 2013-12-27 7:15 AM
2013-12-27 8:03 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by StaceyK Yay for Boxing Day sales. I managed to get a new pair of Brooks for $100 less than the last pair I brought ETA: I tried to attach a photo but I can't for some reason, they are a lovely dark purple colour with lime green accents because I remember what Tom said about fluoro shoes going faster!

Cool! It is a long held belief of mine that the brighter and uglier the shoes, the faster you go. I have no scientific evidence of this, but I have been passed by many ugly shoes

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mucho Mental Manatee Mentors--CLOSED (Pop Tarts?) Rss Feed  

of 62

RELATED POSTS

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : September 20, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Snapping hip syndrome is a condition described by a snapping sensation felt when the hip is flexed and extended. It is often also treated with anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy.
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : May 29, 2012
I recently just ran a 5 mile race, and in the last 100 meters I was sprinting to pass someone and I felt a "pop" in my left arch. Could I have strained it? What is your advice for healing?
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : September 3, 2006
Near the end of one of my long runs, I noticed my left hip aching. There was a slight pop with each step. The hip was sore for 2 days after the run.