General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racking a bike the night before with rain in the forecast Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-10-27 8:45 PM
in reply to: rjrankin83

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Racking a bike the night before with rain in the forecast
I read this thread with interest because I had an issue with a front derailer earlier in the year. We had monsoon like rain the day before Tri-Charleston this year and had mandatory day before check-in. I let my brother borrow one of my bikes. He had just returned from the middle east serving his final tour there so I took the bike in to a local shop and had it tuned and cleaned up. He did one short ride for fit and then drove 200 miles to Charleston for check-in. He didn't do a warm-up ride in the morning. When he got on the bike for the bike portion he was unable to shift into the big ring on the front. He completed the ride but was not happy. After the race I was not able to get it to shift-up either until I wiggled the shifter around while pulling on the derailer and felt a slight pop. The shifter worked fine after that and has continued to work fine. I'm not sure if it was the rain, salt or bad luck. I thought from then on out I would always cover the bike if it rains but I think the important thing to remember is to try and check out the drive train to make sure it is not frozen the morning of the race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racking a bike the night before with rain in the forecast Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

car bike rack and rain...

Started by michael_runs
Views: 1572 Posts: 4

2012-07-10 3:58 PM dsand97

Securing bike over night in transition (wind in forecast)

Started by bradaskins
Views: 1020 Posts: 9

2011-09-04 4:30 PM bradaskins

Driving with bike on rack in the rain

Started by robertp1024
Views: 1159 Posts: 11

2010-03-23 9:00 AM robertp1024

Rain in the forecast

Started by baltimore bethany
Views: 727 Posts: 11

2006-08-26 7:57 PM mscotthall

Racing in the rain, R.E. racking the bike

Started by thegomer
Views: 731 Posts: 9

2005-10-09 3:54 PM thegomer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : May 24, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
My hunger stays under control well enough throughout the day eating every couple hours but come 9:00 pm I am again craving something sweet and if I don't eat I don't sleep.
date : August 7, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
My trouble is this: I work overnights, 11pm-7am. How many hours should I keep between workouts? What constitutes a 'day'? How does rearranging days affect the overall plans?

date : June 1, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 1
This video will show the basics of triathlon transitions including setup and how to use the space efficiently as possible to minimize wasted time.
date : March 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
Provide your body with a wholesome and nutritious meal and keep healthy, low-calorie evening snacks available for after dinner.

date : November 7, 2006
author : Ontherun
Sometimes things do not always go as planned, but an interesting and entertaining experience can come of it.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
The transition area gets busy real fast!

date : November 14, 2004
author : eclaire
Newbie blunders teach the mind to overcome the moment, and always have fun!