General Discussion Race Reports! » Port Dickson International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Port Dickson International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan,
Malaysia
Triathlon Malaysia.com
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 55m 53s
Overall Rank = 240/430
Age Group = 30 - 39
Age Group Rank = 81/124
Pre-race routine:

The day before upon arrival, collected race kit and watch the Sprint event. Try to familiarise the Transition area and the race course. Had carbo loading dinner organised by Triathlon Association of Malaysia, the race organiser and tried to go to bed early. But I have difficulties sleeping. Woke up a couple of times throughout the night.

Got up at 5:30am, had shower and breakfast. Took some porridge and two slices of bread with fried eggs and chicken franks. Went back to the hotel room to change and report to the transition for body marking around 7:20am.
Event warmup:

Didn't have much time for warmup. Just before the race starts, swim lightly and tread water until the race commence.
Swim
  • 33m 32s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 14s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swimming was generally good. I managed to sustain front crawl throughout with some short check on the navigation with breast stroke.
What would you do differently?:

Get a new HRM tat works underwater and does not malfunction frequently.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Realised at this point that the HRM did not work. Decided to skip wearing socks for bike leg. Wore glove but had problem trying to put it on.

Maybe i should skip wearing glove altogether but must try out during training first.
Bike
  • 1h 27m 52s
  • 40 kms
  • 27.31 km/hr
Comments:

Aerodrink splash proof wiremesh dropped just as I get out on the road. Water splashed on my face. Decided to empty half of the bottle to reduce splashing. Generally the ride was good except for the last 10km, I struggled a bit. Stop midway after 20km to have my Powergel before I continue the ride.

More bike training to improve bike endurance and overall fitness level.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Was looking for socks to wear for run but couldn't find. Realised later tat I didn't bring socks along for the race.

Bring along everything that i need and decides to use or not to use later.
Run
  • 54m 29s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 27s  min/km
Comments:

I think the running was ok. Was able to maintain a good pace and overtake a few people along the way. Picked up speed along the way especially around the 2nd half. However, my feet hurts from the abrasion with the shoe. Midway, I stop feeling the pain anymore and continue running until the end. About 1km before finishing, I start to pick up speed. I opened up my pace on the last 500m and dashed and overtake a few people before i finished.

Maybe I should have a spare stop watch in case the one tat i wear malfunction. This is the 2nd time that my HRM malfunction during the race. Will remind myself to always wear socks for running to avoid abrasion. Should have tried that during training first. Never to try anything new during the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Forgotten about warming down as I realised that my legs bleeds from the abrasion. I was limping all the way to the hotel.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Insufficient cycling mileage and perhaps need to do more brick workout.

Event comments:

Generally it was a good race. I like the course of the race and it is certainly a MUST DO race yearly. Lots of elite participants from Singapore. This is definitely a better race than OSIM. I think I had performed my best but I am sure I could do better in the upcoming ones.

Last updated: 2006-07-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:33:32 | 1500 meters | 02m 14s / 100meters
Age Group: 74/124
Overall: 167/430
Performance: Good
HRM did not work. It malfunction again for the 2nd time in a row during a race.
Suit: Orca Tri Suit
Course: It was in the marina. The water was calm and the course was relatively easy.
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:27:52 | 40 kms | 27.31 km/hr
Age Group: 97/124
Overall: 230/430
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: One lap to the highway and back. There were some slopes along the course but it was not very steep.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:54:29 | 10 kms | 05m 27s  min/km
Age Group: 61/124
Overall: 155/430
Not able to track timing or HRM as it malfunction.
Course: It was a relatively flat road along the coast of Port Dickson. 5km out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-07-28 7:31 PM

User image

Regular
Singapore
Subject: Port Dickson International Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Port Dickson International Triathlon Rss Feed