Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-08-03 4:45 PM
in reply to: #496720

User image

New user

Las Vegas, NV
Subject: RE: Am I screwed or what?

Thanks to everyone who posted.  I'm going to keep on keeping on, so to speak, and race in September as orginally planned.  I feel more excited now then I did before about the race.  I think I'll do the Oct. race, too, as many of you suggested. 

Again, my huge thanks for your kind responses.  I'll be remembering your encouraging words as I'm training and racing!  :-

2006-08-04 12:03 AM

User image

Elite
Racine, WI

Probably not what you want to hear but my advice is to WAIT and do October.   Life got in the way, so what?  Sounds to me like you have much bigger fish to fry right now, why overwhelm yourself?  Doing that-overwhelming yourself I mean - only invites frustration, injury and failure.  Take a look at a some of the training plans on this site and set a goal that is realistic, taking into account all of the other very important aspects of your life. 

You will have much more fun

2006-08-04 7:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Joplin, MO

Congratulations on the decision to "do it".  You won't be sorry.  Just take it easy (from the beginning) and do what you have to to finish.  You'll be setting a baseline to improve upon next year.

Triathlon race experience is invaluable.

Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Am I screwed or what? Rss Feed  

of 2