General Discussion Race Reports! » The Biggest Loser RunWalk Eau Claire - Half Marath Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The Biggest Loser RunWalk Eau Claire - Half Marath - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
United States
30F / -1C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 56m 4s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 10/66
Pre-race routine:

Me and Mom drove to Carson Park and got there around 7:30 to get a good parking spot - that was pleanty early. Used the porto potty (FIRST PERSON! in!) and met up with Michelle's BombChelle group for a group pic before the start.
Run
  • 1h 56m 4s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

My number one job for this run was to pace Michelle to her first half marathon finish. Her goal was to finish in under 2 hours.

We started out a bit fast, 8:30 and I held her back. We then were running just under 9 min miles. Around mile 3 I asked her if she was at a pace she could keep all day and she sayd yes, so I decided to try to keep up there. At about mile 7 I could see her start to lose steme so I started talking to her about all sorts of random stuff to try to busy her mind. Miles 8 - 11 I could tell here tough for her, but she was hanging in there. At mile 11 she said 'I'm good, you go on,' but I wasn't going to leave her! So I jsut ran in from of her and pulled her for about a mile and a half. With about .5 miles to go, I dropped back and gave her one last pep talk and we finished together strong. She put on a little kick once she got to the last 100 meters and I let her go and enjoy her finish by her self. It was pretty awesome to watch her finish and see her fam cheering for her like crazy! MIssion accomplished. we finished with 4 minutes to spare :)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing! Felt like a great, pretty easy run for me and Michelle met her goal! It was a good day!

Note to self for future races on this course:
-start off steady and slow down about :30 sec per mile during the uphill mile 3. Then back to steady pace for miles 4 - 6.5. Pick it up during the long downhill and then back to steady for miles 9 - 11. run a fast mile 11, then run hard till the Carson park hill, back off a bit on the hill, then hit it hard till home.
Post race

Last updated: 2013-10-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:56:04 | 13.1 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/66
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course follows the same route as the EC half marathon
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2013-10-29 3:19 PM

User image

Expert
Western WI
Subject: The Biggest Loser RunWalk Eau Claire - Half Marath
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Biggest Loser RunWalk Eau Claire - Half Marath Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Biggest Loser RunWalk Erie

Started by melbo55
Views: 1545 Posts: 12

2013-08-22 4:00 PM reecealan

Biggest Loser RunWalk Rockford

Started by lortciger
Views: 885 Posts: 1

2013-06-17 10:16 PM lortciger

Eau Claire Half Marathon

Started by TriRx
Views: 686 Posts: 1

2013-05-08 6:50 PM TriRx

The Biggest Loser RunWalk Sacramento 5K

Started by ellismichael
Views: 915 Posts: 1

2013-03-16 4:00 PM ellismichael

Eau Claire Marathon

Started by otto15
Views: 1195 Posts: 1

2010-05-02 5:02 PM otto15
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 27, 2011
author : pyroman1_1
comments : 3
Lake Havasu Tri 3/19/2011

date : May 26, 2011
author : gdsemiller
comments : 14
Towards the end of December 2010 both my daughter and son came up to me and said “Daddy we want you to get healthy and not die."
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
comments : 0
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : March 4, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 20
Many people have been asking my opinion of this popular show, so I feel obliged to scream out: It's terrible! It’s horrible! It's abusive! I also feel like throwing my shoe at the TV.
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
comments : 0
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.