General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rocketman Tri postponed until October Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-30 7:35 AM

User image

Melbourne, Florida
Subject: Rocketman Tri postponed until October

This was supposedly a successful race in 2013. I had just begun to train for my first tri when the Rocketman was taking place, so I missed the inaugural event. Now, I've been looking forward to racing in KSC property this spring. It looks like it will be late 2014, instead. I wouldn't blame the shut down. I would blame the organizer for not preparing the next event shortly after the first.

An event this big takes a year to coordinate, not 6 months.

You can read the article in Florida Today.

2013-10-30 1:17 PM
in reply to: vertseven

User image

Subject: RE: Rocketman Tri postponed until October
I won't be surprised if thus one doesn't happen at all. The prep for last year's was a huge cluster f. Major problems with permits, finalizing routes, single file line for check in that took 2 hours to get through. Bike ride ended up being nearly 36 miles. Run was out and back through the ugliest part of Titusville.

Don't know if I'll do this one again.
2013-11-01 8:23 AM
in reply to: aliddle9876

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: Rocketman Tri postponed until October

I have no interest in doing any of the RD tri events.  I volunteered for one several years ago after a public plea.  When I got to the site no one had a clue what/where I needed to go, ended up on a side street in Satellite beach.  Then afterwards nothing not even a thank you.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rocketman Tri postponed until October Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rocketman?

Started by Oysterboy
Views: 724 Posts: 2

2012-12-09 9:23 AM rkerperien

The Destin Triathlon October 13th

Started by GallonofMilk
Views: 3759 Posts: 25

2012-11-14 10:27 AM lmihalcik

Dunedin Tri or Morton Plant Mease-Clearwater Tri?

Started by buc20
Views: 1924 Posts: 5

2011-03-30 9:52 PM buc20

Sand Key Tri vs. Downtown Orlando Tri

Started by Gunky
Views: 1619 Posts: 10

2009-09-07 9:06 AM run26and2

Sand Key Tri

Started by rbschlesinger
Views: 726 Posts: 3

2005-09-21 1:32 PM rbschlesinger
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
A few tips for beginners during taper week to settle your nerves. Includes a race day checklist and some race day tips.

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.