of 80

2014-01-24 12:05 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples

Originally posted by Kido

SO, question for you or TAN in general.  Ever been in the mood to just buy yourself a fun item?  Just like other things, it doesn't solve an problems, BUT I sort of want a new "thing"!  I'm thinking Bose Quiet comfort headphones or a PS4.  Maybe a new phone?  Not sure, but I was an expensive new toy!  I figure for womenz it's an outfit or shoes!  Any suggestions? 

Absolutely. For me, it's usually getting my nails done or new clothes. Something psychological about treating myself and feeling like I am "put together". I imagine it's different for dudes.

Do you have a Go Pro?

2014-01-24 12:11 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by lisac957

SO, question for you or TAN in general.  Ever been in the mood to just buy yourself a fun item?  Just like other things, it doesn't solve an problems, BUT I sort of want a new "thing"!  I'm thinking Bose Quiet comfort headphones or a PS4.  Maybe a new phone?  Not sure, but I was an expensive new toy!  I figure for womenz it's an outfit or shoes!  Any suggestions? 

Absolutely. For me, it's usually getting my nails done or new clothes. Something psychological about treating myself and feeling like I am "put together". I imagine it's different for dudes.

Do you have a Go Pro?

No, but that could be fun.  I SERIOUSLY tempted to get a new camera.  They got a package for a Cannon with two lenses at Costco for about $1700.  A little hard to pull the trigger since we already have a good camera (with the same lenses, ironically) that already is does more than my limited photographic knowledge.

It's a long story but I felt like if I had one of my own and not a "family" camera I could make a hobby of it.  Maybe I should claim the one we have as "mine" and buy a new lens or accessories?  You would be shocked how expensive they are.  Something nice from Sigma is like $800 bucks!  OK, new task/hobby - learn to use my Rebel better!  Thanks Lisa for the suggestion!

2014-01-24 12:32 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro

Do you have a Go Pro?

No, but that could be fun.  I SERIOUSLY tempted to get a new camera.  They got a package for a Cannon with two lenses at Costco for about $1700.  A little hard to pull the trigger since we already have a good camera (with the same lenses, ironically) that already is does more than my limited photographic knowledge.

It's a long story but I felt like if I had one of my own and not a "family" camera I could make a hobby of it.  Maybe I should claim the one we have as "mine" and buy a new lens or accessories?  You would be shocked how expensive they are.  Something nice from Sigma is like $800 bucks!  OK, new task/hobby - learn to use my Rebel better!  Thanks Lisa for the suggestion!

Mine is usually a trip or something... but I did buy a PowerTap this year...

2014-01-24 12:49 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls

Do you have a Go Pro?

I got a pair of Polk Audio headphones when I was changing planes at BWI. Oh man; they're really nice. The noise cancellation is amazing. I wore them on a prop plane commuter flight and was comfortable. I think you can buy direct from Polk. Mine are earbud style.
2014-01-24 2:24 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by flip18436572

Originally posted by cgregg

7 days 13+ hours until I have an alcoholic beverage.  My week at work has me thinking that I should have a bottle in my desk!!!

7 years, 6 months, 24 days since I've had an alcoholic beverage.... and I can't possibly imagine one making anything better (unless we're talking about cooking with it and boiling all that alcohol out).  

Relaxation, stress relief, that "vacation feeling" - those things aren't in a bottle, it's all in your mind; it's all a matter of perspective and your willingness & ability to accept things as they are.  You cannot successfully treat feeling "down" with a depressant.

It was meant as nothing but a joke. 

Completely understood. No offense taken, and hopefully I didn't give offense in any way

Even though as I typed it, I knew that it might be best to not say anything, I just felt that I wanted to comment on what I thought was a funny realization about our opposing perspectives on having a drink and the counting of days thing.  Somewhere in typing it, it came out sounding more serious than I intended when I started  

As for keeping track of the actual number of days, I had to figure it out.  I know the date of my last drink, but I don't keep any sort of running tally.

2014-01-24 2:27 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Cleveland

All the time!

The latest item was a new video card for the computer last month (games run soooo much better now!!).

This also usually comes in the form of new hobbies/interests, the latest of which is aquaponics for indoor gardening.

I also usually treat myself to one REALLY nice, extravagant meal per month, or per paycheck if I can.  Not eating out... something cooked at home, but something above and beyond just normal dinner....a gourmet, go-crazy-in-the-kitchen kinda thing.

Edited by cgregg 2014-01-24 2:29 PM

2014-01-24 2:50 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

7 days 13+ hours until I have an alcoholic beverage.  My week at work has me thinking that I should have a bottle in my desk!!!

7 years, 6 months, 24 days since I've had an alcoholic beverage.... and I can't possibly imagine one making anything better (unless we're talking about cooking with it and boiling all that alcohol out).  

Relaxation, stress relief, that "vacation feeling" - those things aren't in a bottle, it's all in your mind; it's all a matter of perspective and your willingness & ability to accept things as they are.  You cannot successfully treat feeling "down" with a depressant.

It was meant as nothing but a joke. 

Completely understood. No offense taken, and hopefully I didn't give offense in any way

Even though as I typed it, I knew that it might be best to not say anything, I just felt that I wanted to comment on what I thought was a funny realization about our opposing perspectives on having a drink and the counting of days thing.  Somewhere in typing it, it came out sounding more serious than I intended when I started  

As for keeping track of the actual number of days, I had to figure it out.  I know the date of my last drink, but I don't keep any sort of running tally.

Mine was 17 years and a few months and I do not miss it at all.  Great job to you on your 7 years!!!!

2014-01-25 6:09 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Champion

All the time!

The latest item was a new video card for the computer last month (games run soooo much better now!!).

This also usually comes in the form of new hobbies/interests, the latest of which is aquaponics for indoor gardening.

I also usually treat myself to one REALLY nice, extravagant meal per month, or per paycheck if I can.  Not eating out... something cooked at home, but something above and beyond just normal dinner....a gourmet, go-crazy-in-the-kitchen kinda thing.

Thought you Clowns fans would enjoy this: or not....

http://profootballmock.com/browns-fire-new-head-coach-sixteen-hours...
2014-01-26 10:06 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

pittzie - HOW BOUT THEM PANTHERSSSSS

(no undefeated shockers but killing their first year in the ACC no doubt)

2014-01-26 1:38 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Originally posted by mehaner

Duke at Pitt Monday. Should be epic!
2014-01-26 4:55 PM

User image

Champion
I accidentally crop dusted the woman who got in my way in 3 consecutive aisles in the grocery store this morning. Can't say I didn't enjoy the un intended insult on her olfactory system.

2014-01-26 9:53 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

21-0! Yeah yeah soft conference. But still. It's fun to be a Shocker 

2014-01-27 6:03 AM

User image

Pro
-35 this morning and they cancelled school again. I want summer.
2014-01-27 7:01 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

not meant as an insult at all!  undefeated is still undefeated!  but after 2 lackluster seasons in the big east, it's really nice to watch pitt roll into the ACC LIKE A  BOSS.  this is huge!

2014-01-27 8:33 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Not sure why, but I watched some of the Grammy's last night, and I don't get Daft Punk. I saw them perform, but I am not sure what part they played. The song sounded normal before they appeared and started doing whatever they were doing.

I totally enjoyed Metallica and Willie Nelson and crew, also like the Imagination Dragons and PInk

Did not like McLemore (sp?)

Edited by jford2309 2014-01-27 8:59 AM
2014-01-27 8:36 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

Not sure why, but I was watched some of the Grammy's last night, and I don't get Daft Punk. I saw them perform, but I am not sure what part they played. The somg sounded normal before they appeard and started doing whatever they were doing.

I totally enjoyed Metallica and Willie NElson and crew, also like the Imagination Dragons and PInk

Did not like McLemore (sp?)

i never watch award shows but i sure love to watch E! talk trash on the dresses later in the week.

spelling = Macklemore

2014-01-27 9:44 AM

User image

Champion
The recycling guys are picking up my bins now. The clinking glass is deafening. I'm so ashamed....

Edited by pitt83 2014-01-27 9:46 AM
2014-01-27 10:02 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by pitt83 The recycling guys are picking up my bins now. The clinking glass is deafening. I'm so ashamed....

Ha! I live in the college part of town. We share trash/recycle containers on my block  (common in Tucson). There are like two recycle cans for every trash can.

2014-01-27 12:34 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Originally posted by pitt83 The recycling guys are picking up my bins now. The clinking glass is deafening. I'm so ashamed....

Ha! I live in the college part of town. We share trash/recycle containers on my block  (common in Tucson). There are like two recycle cans for every trash can.

Sounds like it was a good weekend!

2014-01-27 1:13 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

not meant as an insult at all!  undefeated is still undefeated!  but after 2 lackluster seasons in the big east, it's really nice to watch pitt roll into the ACC LIKE A  BOSS.  this is huge!

Holy Shockers new rankings today we are #3 and #4... Braketology today puts us at a #1 seed. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

2014-01-27 1:26 PM

User image

Champion

Holy Shockers new rankings today we are #3 and #4... Braketology today puts us at a #1 seed. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Look at the calendar, but enjoy the ride...

Lot's of season left.

2014-01-27 1:28 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by pitt83

Look at the calendar, but enjoy the ride... Lot's of season left.

True, but have you seen the rest of our schedule? It's a cake walk.
Most fans are kinda-sorta-hoping we lose at least one game. Will take the pressure off and we'll end up a #2 seed or so. 

2014-01-27 1:54 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

ha - i'm already shopping ACC tourney tickets and greensboro hotels!

2014-01-27 3:08 PM

User image

Champion

ha - i'm already shopping ACC tourney tickets and greensboro hotels!

We could share a room and split the costs. Giggity...

(yeah, like THAT would happen...)

Edited by pitt83 2014-01-27 3:08 PM
2014-01-27 5:34 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Just signed up for a mudder.  DAYUM expensive!  More than an Oly...

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples Rss Feed  

of 80

RELATED POSTS

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4725 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa

TAN #53 World Champion TAN Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by TriToy
Views: 28417 Posts: 2116

2008-10-15 3:50 PM lisac957

TAN #51: TAN and Deliver Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by JChristoff
Views: 22313 Posts: 2119

2008-10-10 2:03 PM 1stTimeTri

TAN #29 The case of the disappearing TAN Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88

Started by TriToy
Views: 33469 Posts: 2190

2008-06-19 7:13 PM Aikidoman

Tan (not TAN) lines Pages: 1 2

Started by JoshKaptur
Views: 2534 Posts: 29

2007-05-31 11:06 PM jknapman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.